translate

Monday 1 October 2018

HAPPY VISIONS OF NOTHINGNESS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Well I have prepared the food for tonight’s dinner. Homemade soup. BW, and Hub are making bread later, as our Son wants to learn to make bread so the teacher shall do his stuff with our boy in the kitchen.

 

Re our Son, he went for his interview last week. He had to take a one-hour exam. Chemistry Physics and maths as well as a written test. Then he was told he passed that and had to do a team building test, literally. He had to make something from a flat pack kind of a vessel. He passed that then went for the interview. He got his feedback on Friday. Hub and I are so proud of him but sadly he didn’t get the job. He was told firstly that he got 100 percent for his one to one interview, 100% for his building 100 for his appearance and attitude but 70 percent for his physics etc. the highest ever score for that was 82 per cent and guess who got that? The person who got the job. He was told in the many years the company have been going no one has got such a high score   and never has anyone got four what they call greens. BW received 3 greens. But the worst bit, he came second. It would have been almost better if he came third. So close yet so far.

And it was out of more people than we thought. There were at least two groups and all together there were 45 people who got through to the day’s tests. So, he did so well, but not good enough. Typical the first time ever such a score and BW was up against him.

 

He was offered another job working for the same company but it’s far to far away. So, they told him they would like to keep him on their books and next time that job comes up, he will be fast tract and not have to sit through such a strange exam again. They have to do that because whilst you are training over two years, you have to study and after two years, you are offered to go to take a masters in engineering. So, I guess that is why they have to sort out who is capable of doing the paperwork. It’s getting crazy now to get jobs of that level. Hub said again something he has said many times before, if he was out of work now, no way he would get a job. Not at the same level as what he is. Though he has excellent exam results and three degrees as well as a Masters in business. That’s how bad it’s getting now.

 

I’m not too sure we are out of the woods with Hubs health. Another week and if he isn’t right, I will be making an appointment for him to see someone. He is much better, just not how he was two months ago. I tease him saying he’s getting old as he’ is fifty at the end of the week. We have something nice planned for him and he knows roughly about it as he hates surprises. It’s something he will really enjoy and it’s the four of us participating in it. BW and Sham know what time to be there but not totally sure where we are going. Our friends are coming through at the weekend and I know Hub is looking forward to seeing them and we are going out again with them. Hubs birthday list is interesting. But who enjoys getting a year older? I didn’t that is for sure.

  

Those who are wondering about the poor beluga Whale stuck in our River Thames, sadly day six, and he’s still there. Thousands of miles away from his natural habitat. People have been urged to keep away from him. He was first seen near barges he’s eating and swimming but still it’s bad he’s there and not where he should be.  Oh, I pray he will be OK. And moreover, people keep away from him as if they scare him he will die. Last time a bottled nosed dolphin came to that river, people took to boats to get close. How bad is that? And that poor dolphin died.

It’s written that the whale has dined with two porpoises’ friends. God bless him.

If you can see and want to read more or watch the video then click on here.


 

 our weekend. Well it was interesting. Saturday night, I shall tell you about when I write again. I am not at all impressed and though Hub has told me not to write about the subject, well, I am. As people should know all about this person/people.

 

Sunday Hub and I had a really lovely autumn day out. We took our dogs out with our friend to a really special place where Hub and I have decided we are going to move may be in a year or so. I have been to this  area many times but first time for Hub. He totally fell in love with the place.

 

We walked through the forest where there was a perfect path. Not at all muddy and just full of birds and leafy fragrances. The dogs worked so well but it was funny when we came to the cattle grids, they both stopped. Luckily our friend was there to let us know which way we could go to avoid the sheep stopping slats in the   road. Through double gates weaving in and out and back onto the path.

 

It was a cool crisp day with hot sun peeping in between the trees. Once out of the trees it was really warm. There was no wind at all. The people passing were so very posh. And positively polite.

We headed along the riverside. Passing the vast old double fronted houses with high balcony’s, iron gates leading to their large drives which were home to their cars worth more than I could ever dream of spending.

Well, on a car…

And a beautiful flower garden which had seating near the river bank. There was a coffee bar where we found the last table outside thanks to our friend. We had a wonderful lunch of sandwiches, salad, crisps coffee and I had a coffee and walnut cake with a round of thick clotted cream with a strawberry on top. I just left the cream, as that’s not for me. Hub had his favourite chocolate and caramel cake. Our friend had a fruit scone, remember a scone is different in England to what it is in America. With clotted cream and strawberry jam. That has to be one of my least favourite sweet endings to a meal. Hub said the chocolate on his cake was so thick and delicious and my cake was wow. Double wow. So, all the hard work of the three-mile walk went in the river… we had a second coffee and just took in the delightful experience. Our dogs as ever were perfectly behaved laying under the table though I did feel for Waggatail in the end as she started to shiver. It was warm, but I guess laying on cool decking wasn’t too good so we got up and walked back to the car.

 

 I wished I could have seen the trees, the birds, the boats on the river, the jumping fish, the flower garden and Victorian houses, rather than visions of nothingness. But if i it pondered on that thought too much I just wouldn’t ever bother going out of the house again.

 

I was grateful to be able to hear the jumping fish, the birdsong, the swishing of the leaves blowing in the breeze and the rowing of the ancient wooden boats as they went by on the rippling river. Thank goodness for my hearing. I was grateful for the fact I could walk. I could get there without a problem, there was no access difficulties. I enjoyed the fresh air the smells of autumn and the good company. I love to be out with my darling. My friend is good company too.

 

Half an hour back driving and we were home. It was a lovely afternoon. I dream to see what I couldn’t yesterday, but I live for what I was able to do. Our dogs were fed, groomed and lay in front of the fire all night after their busy weekend.

 

Today Monday, back to normal. Hub is working hard from home. Gosh, he never stops. He started working at quarter past eight today. He has been on the phone since nine. It’s almost four in the afternoon now and he’s still on the phone. Conference call after conference call. Whilst he’s on the phone, he’s answering emails and though he is using skype to attend his conference call, someone is still beeping on skype. His work phone is calling too. Seriously bless him he never stops. I took him in a sandwich for lunch. He ate it whilst on another call. He hasn’t left his chair once in almost eight hours.

 

Tomorrow he’s travelling four plus hours for a meeting that will be an hour and a half. He’s what we call a grafter… hard worker. As is our boy. But our Son is still needing out of where he is right now… he’s really hating it. He has been asked to go for an interview, but he will be on holiday when he was to be there. Typical.

 

Twenty days and he will be back…. Smile.

OK, on that note, I hope your week will be one full of peace. I shall be back later with words about what happened on Saturday evening… hmm…

  

 

 

 

No comments: