translate

Sunday 21 October 2018

DIARY OF FAMILY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Hello Bloggets. Our Son has arrived safely thank goodness. He has been awake for over 24 hours so he is now resting. We told him to stay awake, but Sham has gone to her house to sleep so BW is here sleeping. He was going to stay awake, but I too, would have to hit the sack as we say. He has told us all about his holiday. Bless him he has had a lovely time. It’s great to have him back, our family are complete now. and I can tell he’s home though there is no sound from him, by the suitcase still in the hall, his two bags on my sofa and his shoes in the lounge, haha. Yep, he’s back.

 

He brought us a beautiful gift from Cuba. It’s a wooden carved truck. The roof comes off and inside are tactile dominos. it’s so thoughtful. There are paintings of typical Cuban houses on the side and trees. He was telling me the things they sold, loads of home-made things. Gosh, I could go there and spend a fortune and come away with gifts for all my family for Christmas and still have enough to open a shop… He saw an angel painting, wow, and he bought a key holder made from porcelain. All different colours and there are key hooks on. It’s with Sham. He bought it for when they move in with each other. Sadly, he’s back at work in a couple of days, I guess he will be dreading that. I hope he can get another job soon.

 

Hub is in our gym. He is on his health regime again. Leading up to Christmas. You know, he got so many nuts from our dear friend Kinzie along with a huge birthday cake. He ate 90 per cent of the nuts and 80 per cent of the cake, as well as 70 % of the chocolate our besties bought him. And, he has hardly put any weight on, oh, and not to say about the rum our besties also bought him. Hub has had about three glasses of that and he has put on about 10 apples. Me, this year, I have put on an orchard! It’s not a fair world. I was just saying to Hub I walk more than him in general. He works in his office all day not much exercise going on there. The most he has walked in the past few months is a meeting he had to attend a few weeks ago and the lift was broken. He had to clime four flights of stairs. But in general, he sits…. So, what the heckers is going on there. As I said. Not fair.

 

But the difference is, he’s now in the gym working his legs. Me? I’m writing to you. But if I had only 1 stone to lose, then I would be the same as Hub. I have six large rocks never mind stones.

 

I guess I could say, well I can start to let the rocks crush and crumble, or I can pile them up to make a beach hut… I should have never allowed myself to get to this stage. Anyone who is slightly overweight, don’t go over that line, or it’s too hard to get back to normality. Though I do know of some who have done it, it’s just I’m not so strong. Sadly. And I hate myself for it. I really wanted to walk twice a week fast and for a long way, but sadly that hasn’t happened. And for my life I need to do this. I think I may have to look into how I can do this for my health for my future.  And in the end, for my sanity and family. Hub says if I go he will go. Nice, I ask him, where am I going, and just let me know when? Haha.

 

It doesn’t help that our fitness machines are in the nasty dark dingy packed garage. Not exactly a nice fresh sunny place. Wood I use them if they were in a nice bright room? I would like to say yes.

 

Anyway, talking of losing weight, I have to cook. I made my Son a vegan Lasagne and Hub is having chicken and rice. Me? Hmm. This is my trouble. I really don’t want to eat vegan and no way on earth I am eating flesh. So vegetarian, fine, but to cook for one? So, what do I do? Normally have some toast or nothing. And this is what I have been told by the medics, I don’t eat enough. This sounds crazy doesn’t it? But today I shall cook. Just what. And after cooking Hubs, I can’t be bothered at least BW’s is ready. It smells so nice too. He said he had some cream cheese today at the train station. He said it was delicious. So, vegan cream cheese. But, what was it called? He doesn’t know, so back to the drawing board.

 

When he was in Cuba, he said that the catering staff looked at him as if he was from Mars when he said he doesn’t eat Dairy. And when he had salads, he said twice there was one bit of chicken in it. One rice dish was ham and another had fish. Cross contamination, or just picked the meat out of the food? Hmm. That is what would put me off going there. He can see the meat. I wouldn’t be able to.

 

I mean, imagine if you are allergic to meat or fish? Oh, one time he was told that the people were so poor that they never put butter in their mash potato. Him. He tried some and it was very buttery so he left that. And no milk, so if you are going there and are allergic to milk, stop at home. He was in a four-star hotel so not like he was in the back streets, but he said Havana was better and the restaurants there were amazing. He said the people were so humble and friendly. He said most of the workers in the hotels were either Doctors dentists or something else that required brains. But their wages were so bad. Such a shame. Having said that, the cost of goods were really inexpensive. He said sadly cigarettes were ridiculously priced. The equivalent of £1 for 20. They are about £8 plus here.

 

Just shows, at the end of the day, money is a number. The same items cost a fraction in some countries as they do here. Bring back bartering, that’s what I say. Haha. Only thing is, I have said it before, what could I barter? Hub can offer business advice or teach piano and voice coach. BW can teach guitar. He’s strong so can-do physical work. Me? Em…. well I guess I could iron or clean. Wow, who wants Fifi’s services. I guess you wouldn’t starve.

 

 If I were rich, I would have a cook and ask him or her to make me fresh salads every day. Have more imagination that I do, so I wouldn’t get bored. But then there are the things that go on salads… but still I could give up bread if I had something more delicious than that floury stuff.

 

I hope you have all had a lovely weekend. Once again thank you for your emails and messages. Sarah, I will answer in depth tomorrow but for now hang in there and I can tell you there is an answer. Tomorrow with love.