translate

Thursday 18 October 2018

DIARY OF THE RAIN AND THE RESERVOIR BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Hello Bloggets

We have just got in from a lovely day. We walked around a reservoir. It was beautiful. The sun was shining the heat was so warm like a late Spring day. Some birds laughed in their kind of laughing way as they do!  We talked about how birds change country to country. My friend spoke about the crows in Australia. She did an impression of them. Hopefully no one was passing at the time as it was a perfect impression of a witch. A little scarily close for comfort to reality if you ask me. Hehehehe.

 

 She’s great, she describes what and who, we are passing. She told me that an old couple passed us, he held her hand. They were so sweet. And they were about 90. I said they must have just met, perhaps in an old people’s home? But hey, they may just be totally in love still after forever years of marriage. Overload cuteness alert.

 

Oh, it was lovely. To get out and enjoy laughter and sounds. Even if the laughter came from the ducks. Haha.

 

But it’s true, in Russia the crows sound so different to what they sound like in England. And I know I have seen Tube video’s where the little birds sound so sweet in America. Obviously, not the crows.  Smile.

 

Our dogs loved the walk and meeting all the dogs along the way. Behind me I smile when I hear Hub saying to The Little Fella. “Leave it.no, leave it?””

If he didn’t say that, what on earth would LF do to the pass a by furballs?

 

Crisp leaves formed the path beneath our feet as we walked around the vast body of water. It’s amazing to think all of that water provides our tap water? Thankfully filtered… Not sure I would like duck poop in my glass.

 

We finished off in a beautiful old quaint pub called The Black Swan. We had a soft drink. And well, the menu just was on the table as I said, my friend describes everything to us. So of course, that included what was written on the menu…

 

 We ate some food, I felt sorry for the owners. There weren’t that many people passing, it was in the middle of nowhere. So, if we hadn’t had lunch there, well, that lovely traditional place may have gone bankrupt. So, we did our bit for culture and the leisure industry.

 

  My friend kindly treat us to lunch. Bless her. Back home now a beautiful day had by all five of us.

 

We are out tonight to our weekly quiz. And then not many sleeps before my baby is home. He went on a steam train yesterday. He said he sat at the front where the coals are and visited two cities. He loved it. Today he is in Havana. He is going by bus so will be tired as it’s a long way.

 

Tomorrow I must do some housework. We have had a busy week of life but no house work apart from the basic. The best thing I don’t have to cook tonight as we are still full from lunch. I find if I eat a large lunch, and when I say large, I had a bean burger and chips and my friend and I shared some delicious halloumi chips. Nothing to do with potatoes, but the cheese is coated in the lightest most crisp batter. Yum. Lovely. But that is more food than I normally eat in a day. I have had two meals out this week. It’s been great and to top it, just had a text from my friend who has at last had some good news thanks to my Nephew. So, Nephew, if you are reading this, love you to the moon and back!

As I was saying, if I have a large lunch, I don’t eat the rest of the day and this is a good thing, because obviously eating at nights is not the best for us.

 

A couple of you have asked what happened to our celebs on Saturday as they danced for our dancing competition on BBC1.

For those who didn’t read my blog last week, two of the celebrities on strictly come dancing, got pictured kissing. He had, a girlfriend she is, married. Well I thought our audience would boo them off the stage, but no, they cheered them like heroes. And what made matters worse, they got good marks from the judges and the public vote kept them in, but it’s not all good for them, as the other competitors have not been so friendly to them. So, they are still in the competition, but I bet they both wish they had different partners.

Something I was reading in our news today, and this headline got a reaction from me. Like what? No, say what?

(CHINESE TO LAUNCH AN ARTIFICIAL MOON TO REPLACE STREETLIGHTS IN CITTIES)

Nooooo, how would they get that to stay up? I didn’t go into the story, because I think it’s just worth wondering how and why? Time to use our imaginations. Haha.  Actually, that hurts my brain to think of how, and I just have to laugh when I think of why?

 

Other headlines, looks like a part of Scotland has a case of BSE. Oh, no, my friend had a burger today for lunch… Well, I always tell her she’s a mad cow. And I won’t tell you what she answers back, the two of us are like a couple of comedians when out. Well, we, think we are…

 

For now, I shall leave you but I shall be back.  Remember

“The best way to predict the future, is to create it.””

Abraham Lincoln


Fiona Cummings

(AFTER THE STORM COMES THE SUN)