translate

Friday 5 October 2018

BIRTHDAY DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. It’s raining today, a grey day for sure. I can’t remember what it’s like when you can see, but if it’s raining or sunny, do you feel it in your skin? For example, obviously I can’t see now so if it’s going to rain, I just can tell in how I feel. And it’s obvious that if it’s sunny, then my skin feels hot. But if you can see, then do you totally rely on your eyesight? Like if it’s dull, I just know it by how I feel.

Confused? I am just writing this…

 

Oh, I heard the doorbell go this morning. I didn’t get to sleep until after 4 am and BW was up for work at 5 am. Normally I don’t hear him, but Sham stayed… and I heard her. Not talking as they are really quiet, just the heavy  footsteps of Shamrock going down the stairs. Then Hub got up for work at 6 am today so I fell back to sleep at about seven. Well the bell rang at about  half eight, so really time for me to get up, I just couldn’t lift my head from the pillow. I did wonder if Hub bought some sleeping pills and popped one in my cup of tea before bed? As once I did get to sleep, though so many interuptions, I fell so deeply.  

 

Hub is in my hometown today. Hopefully he will be back for tonight as we are going out to celebrate his birthday. I’m so organised. I get that stressed finding clothes etc, so I have it all sorted. I’m wearing a long black dress with pink yellow, orange and green flowers on. It’s short sleeved. It’s straight with a round neck. I have some really pretty black velvet shoes that I bought a year ago and haven’t worn yet. I have some beads Hub bought me when we were on holiday in the Caribbean about eight years ago again, I haven’t worn them yet either. I’m wearing two pairs of earrings as I have my ears pierced twice. One jet round studs Hub bought me for Christmas this year, worn them loads. The other pair are the beautiful diamond ones, Hub bought me the first day we got together all those years ago. They are really precious as they were his first gift to me and cost a fortune. I almost died when I saw them, but bless him, he said they were to make up for the 28 years we had been apart. And finally, I’m wearing my diamond bangle to match. I never go anywhere posh enough to warrant such jewellery, so making up for it tonight.

 

 Hub is wearing his beautiful new shirt our boy bought Hub for his birthday. It’s stunning.  Designed by Jeff Banks, it’s a white long-sleeved shirt with mid blue stripes and around the buttons, is light purple and the cuffs are fastened by white silk knotted cufflinks. He also got Hub an experience of flying again. This time a glider. And then hopefully he can forget any sillly experiences… heart in mouth again for me. Haha.

 

I bought him a belt that has to go back… it’s the wrong size. He’s put some weight on but he said even if he excersized and dieted for three months, it wouldn’t fit… I gave it to our Son to try but it is huge on him… so back to the shop it goes, but to be honest, it’s not what I hoped for. it ws bought on line and the description is awful. It sounds lovely on line, and it’s very boring.

 

I got him a new rucksack for work. Well back pack… the one he has now is about nine years old, so starting not to look that good. I also got him a chrome wine bottle holder. It’s an octopus in silver obviously, chrome. It’s rather fancy and the kind of odd thing that Hub likes. It’s really intricate. I never know what to get him as he has everything. Christmas we totally spoil each other. Including our boy. And finally I bought him a new aftershave as the one Inormally buy in my opinion is the best aftershave in the world, it’s alled Play, has become so very expensive. I had to tell BW off yesterday for using his Dads aftershave… it’s now £105 for the size I got him last Christmas. It was £75 when I got him it. To go up that much? But it is the absolute best smell.

 

For his birthday dinner, he had his favourite M&S chicken and mushroom family pie… and for dessert, again, M&S forrest fruit layerd Pavlova. It’s all his as BW can’t eat it being a vegan, I don’t like meringue, so over to him… All week he’s been saying he is going to eat it all… not a chance. Even too much for the Hubster!

 

Hub received cards obviously from me and our boy, and two identical from his brother and sister in law, bless them, the cards he sent too are very expensive. Once again, not a thing from any other member of his family. Why change the habit of a lifetime? I think though Hub is beyond hurt, he did think his Dad and two others, may have at least sent a card, after all, just because you send a card, doesn’t mean you love someone does it. It’s just something that would have said at least they recognise the fact he has a birthday, well he was born…

 

He received a card from two of our neighbours, one from our besties, one from my friend Pip, one from our friend Yvonne and one from our dear friends Kinz and the big man and one from our friends Geordie and Dave , who also gave him a bottle of very posh red wine. Hubs Pa from the office, bought him a card, even took the time to get it written in Braille. Wow, how kind,  I mean, she’s only been working for him for a couple of months and she gave him some lovely gifts too. After tonights meal, our friends are coming tomorrow and we are going out for lunch.

 

 Our Son is home from work now, he’s exhausted. He has done late nights getting in at ten and early starts at half five all this week. But he’s off work now for the next two weeks plus. I seriously hope he has a job to come back to. I’m not sure how his boss will cope on her own. One of his colleagues yesterday said she came to work shaking looking really white. I mean, BW does all the paperwork and all the phone calls dealing with people and so on. He got a call yesterday saying in the whole region he was the only one who got 100% this month. Hub and I are so proud of him. I know he wants out of there, but I believe the time will come when it’s time to move. For some reason he’s meant to stay there for now…    

 

So this weekend we are busy thank goodness. Sunday we are out for a couple of hours too. As I will miss my Son so very much. Counting the days until he’s home again. When he’s abroad, he’s travelling by flight somewhere else, Cuba, so I just hope to goodness he will be safe.

 

OK I shall leave you to have a lovely weekend and chat again very soon. Until later, take care appreciate those who love you.

 

 

No comments: