translate

Sunday 7 October 2018

BEDTIME STORY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. Here I sit it’s heading towards the pumpkin hour. The house is so cold it’s been cold all day. I’m sitting with a toasty warm cloak that my sister in law bought me a couple of Christmases’ ago. It’s beautiful wool and incredibly warm even to the touch.

 

It’s been a lovely weekend and I now face night two with my Son on holiday, not that I’m counting…

 

I think this will be the longest he has ever been on holiday. We spoke today about going away for a couple of days near Christmas may be to a Christmas market, and I know the kids would come with us, so we are lucky.

 

He has text me tonight and oh wow they are having a great time.

 

Two belated birthday cards came yesterday and it was great as they were both in Braille so they could be read with ease. When people argue that Braille isn’t needed any longer, I do have to speak out, as in such circumstances, Braille really makes a difference, and for family members who take time out to learn braille even though they themselves can see perfectly, well I feel this is such a kind gift they can give someone who can’t read print because of their lack of sight!

 

This weekend I was reading of a story from someone I know who is in hospital right now. I felt heartbroken for them as they said saying goodbye at the end of visiting time, to their family members really brought all the sad and traumatic memories back from her days at boarding school. Gosh, we remember them so well. Whoever invented boarding school? I know for some who had unhappy homes, it probably was a Godsend. But most people I know really have been affected by such places. A lot of kids had the fact to learn how to live with sometimes their sudden sight loss. And some were babies when sent away and I just can’t get over how that must have felt for those children. For parents who may be couldn’t do anything about it and get into the mindset of those who could do something but chose not to. If only they knew or know of the absolute impact that has on their children long term.

 

I envy those who enjoyed boarding school, but then I pity those children wondering what lives they must have had at home. Only one family have surprised me two friends who are brothers. Their parents were lovely an yet they now both say they were happy at school. I do wonder if it’s selective memories as I remember one of the brothers being so very upset every single day. Sometimes it’s easier to tell oneself that they are Okay. May be then they will believe they are.

 

Reading science news today via my email, headlines that grabbed me were (Watch this eel head inflate like a balloon)

Pelican eel reveals a bizarre fish with an inflatable head, this is a slim fish with a head that blows up like a balloon. How odd is that? Because this creature is rarely seen, it’s difficult to study and know why it needs such a strange head. But near Portugal a submarine observed this eel science’s say they think their heads grow to maximize the intake of their hunt… That’s the eels not the scientists…

 

Another headline. (How long is Saturn’s day?)

Its gasses are forever moving so they have not been able to give an accurate measure as yet, but roughly, just under eleven hours asking my own built in scientist how long earths day is? Her answer, Alexa that is, replied earths day is one day. Haha. OK. I guess it’s like human age one year is well, one year, but every year a dog is alive, it’s seven of our years…

 

In the US, airlines are still refusing to carry live animals to head for labs across the world for research. In Washington DC scientists are arguing that it will slow down the progress of finding treatments for humans… United airlines haven’t transported monkeys for years and a Russian airline this July said they were stopping transporting animals…

 

In Spain military planes are used and Air France still have no issue transporting these poor animals.

 

Sadly, Mauritius have invited scientists to their island because there are monkeys there so no need for transport.

 

You will all know my opinion. These animals have done no harm. Where as so many humans have murdered tortured and in general made peoples lives pure hell who don’t deserve such a punishment. People would rather see criminals go to the chair or given the lethal injection rather than be used for hopeful much needed treatment.  

 

In the news, sadly tragically in New York, 20 people have been killed in a limousine crash. Two newly wed couples among the deaths. Oh, my that is so very sad. Poor poor people. Life is so cruel at times. My heart felt sympathy goes to all involved with that story.

 

UK Birmingham five car jackers in one week. This is shocking.

My Husband is off there tomorrow…  what with that and in Liverpool a 27-year-old has been stabbed killed by someone on a bicycle.

 

A major holiday company in the UK have scrapped the brand 18 30… Basically drinking all the way there and back as well as whilst they are on holiday…

 

Medical cannabis to be given on prescription from next month in the UK…

And you also know my opinion on that.

 

Also, in our news is someone who spends more than £100 per month of feeding their dog… I’m not sure that is a good thing. What on earth is that dog eating? I hope not human food.

 

So, it’s almost Monday. In fact, it may be in your country. Some happy words to start your week.

Well I looked for inspiration and when I saw the headline Look good for fifty. Thinking of all my Bloggets of course who are fifty… I thought, or let’s take a gander.

So, they claim to let you know how to look and feel good the natural way. What is it? Wait for this one…

Cod liver oil.

Odoo yum. Wait until I dash out to the 24-hour chemist to get some of that…

They say take a ballenced diet. That doesn’t mean one chocolate bar in each hand. Just eat fruit veg and not fried food I guess. But I am sure that exercise is the most important thing. Everyone I know who works out doors, are so much healthier than those who work indoors. My ex was probably ten years younger than me in fitness even though he was or is, eight years older than me. he worked outdoors. He had so much energy. He didn’t look younger but he certainly was much more fit than I was. Than I am. As I’m sure he is still fit.

 

Why is it that healthy food isn’t nice? There are of course some foods that are nice tasty and healthy, but in my opinion as a snack for example fruit. Even salads I love but they are not going to inspire me when I have a long day doing whatever head full of busyness. I get home and think. Oh, wow, I can’t wait for that lovely nutritious salad… I wish I was like that.my Son is. I admire him for it. Has that got something to do with how I brought him up? From a baby he had loads of fruit and vegetables. Even giving him raw carrot sticks to nibble on as a small boy. He never had juice until he was three. Or chocolate apart from my Darling Dad who used to take him to his favourite chair and sit holding his Grandson feeding him a chocolate bar… so naughty I used to go mad. Gosh, how I wish for those days back if only I knew back then that my Dad wouldn’t see my baby grow up. Even into a small boy.

 

Another thing, making our bed today, not with hammer and nails, but clean bedding, I did wonder why is it every time I wash our bedding, I lose a pillowcase? I managed to find it, but not until I had searched the bedroom checking if the washing machine was totally empty and then checking the dryer. It was on my worktop above the washer. Had I put it there? I must have. See, I need some of that cod liver oil for my brain.

 

Why is it that putting a duvet on is such a challenge? My friend text me the other day saying she was fighting with her duvet. I did smile as thought I know that feeling. She told me her duvet was split and goose feathers were all over the room. Every time she tried to put the cover on, feathers came flying out. Hahaha. She said she was spitting feathers.

 

Whoever invented duvet’s? why? There must be an easier solution? And they are too hot in summer so you buy a lighter one. Then where to put the winter duvet? Then the winter one goes on and to find the same place for the summer duvet?

 

When we get new bedding, we have a really beautiful show. Me personally, I get such pride in making a new bed up and putting on cushions on a point looking so perfect. How long does that last?

And finally, my school days of having to do hospital corners as they were called, reminding me of a quote. (A hospital bed is more like a parked taxi with the meter running.”) have all gone out of the window. It’s more like whatever now. one end of the bedding is shorter than the other. One corner is so tidy the other?

Not so tidy.

 

Hopefully you are starting your week with a fridge and cupboard full of healthy food and a clean bed. I guess a good way to start. Hold your head up high and be proud of the good person you are.

If you are.

If you are not, then may your fridge be half empty and the part that is full, let it be full of cream cakes and bacon. As for your dirty beds? Hahaha.

 

May you wake up every morning a better person than when you went to bed.

Laters. X

 

No comments: