translate

Tuesday 30 October 2018

BOOGIE DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS



 

So still can’t get through to the hotel. I have now been trying on and off for two hours plus. I have even emailed them but still no call from them. There is time I guess as we are not due to go there for a few weeks. It’s just to arrange our lunch for one vegetarian and one vegan.  Still having a nightmare sorting out transport to get there. It’s my Nieces wedding. I have the lovely dress, shoes and bag. My Son has his suit. Hub has many suits and Shamrock has loads of clothes.

 

Our dogs don’t need an outfit, how easy are they? Mind you, they will shed their clothing over our clothes for sure, though it’s winter, so their hair may stick to them for that day, I hope.

 

My Son had a meeting today so he’s late from work. Hub left the house at seven this morning ready for an overnight stay three hours away from home. He will be back late tomorrow night.

 

United Arab Emirates you have been busy today, 132 views from you.

Hello to the US, UK, Ukraine, Germany, South Africa, Belgium, India and Poland.

 

So, tomorrow is Halloween. The evening before All St Day. Will we get any spooky cookies? This is the first year I haven’t made a really big thing of it. I do have treats for the little monsters though. Chocolate pumpkins. Normally I make pumpkin soup. I just can’t be bothered these days. My Son after all is 21, having said that, I am making a bomb fire supper as always. Though I’m sure BW will be going out, well I hope he is and not having a dreadful home display like he did last year at Shams. It’s too dangerous. Trouble is, now days a lot of fireworks are over the weekend rather than on the actual day of November 5th. That is when we have Guy Fawkes, in 1605 He was a Catholic who tried to blow up our Government place of office. The Houses of Parliament.

I think we celebrate it because he got caught, so we have a huge fire and set off fireworks. I normally make pumpkin soup for both Halloween and November the 5th. We also on bonfire night have hot dogs with onions in bread rolls and baked potatoes.

 

I asked Alexa to give me some prank ideas. I don’t like them but they did make me smile. So, ask someone if they would like a Brownie? Then offer them a brown bit of paper in the shape of a letter E.

Alexa, that’s cruel. Hahahaha.

 

I was reading about how in the olden days a bell was fitted to coffins as so many people used to be buried alive. Imagine that?

 

Alexa told me today that a British artist created false eyelashes out of the legs of flies.

Could be worse, could be the hair from the legs of your old Aunty!

 

It’s so cold here today. 7 degrees and a low of 2.

We had snow a few days ago, and the coldest October in thirty years.

 

Well back to the kitchen to create a meal for Boy Wonders dinner. I just had to take a break to get emails sent phone calls to do and I am glad to say the lady from the hotel called me back on a mobile. She sounds so lovely. Bless her. Thank goodness I can stop worrying about that now, and just left to  wonder how we will get there. Haha. BW wants to take his car, but it’s tiny and there are four of us, and BW is tall but slim, the other three of us? Not so slim… and then there are the two dogs, all dressed up squashed. It’s fine in the front, but not in the back-Poor Hub and Shamrock will be creased when they get out.

 

It will be lovely to see our family and nice to get dressed up.

I’m rather excited.

 

  Just before I came downstairs this morning. The bathroom door was half open. I always try to either close doors properly or leave them wide open. Half and half isn’t good for blindies…whack. One lump or two.

 

As I got to the bottom of the stairs, arms full of washing, I almost broke my ankle on someone’s shoes at the bottom of the stairs. I swore. And then again, same foot, this time, a dog toy. Haha. Good morning to you too Fifi.

 Deposited the washing and went to my kitchen work tops. Oh, my goodness. Did someone have a party and forget to invite me? No, Boy Wonder had the midnight munchies. I made the biggest pan of soup yesterday it was enough for 9 people. There’s an empty pan there now. I’m glad he enjoyed it. I just didn’t fancy it. BW said it was 10 out of 10. Glad to accommodate Son.

 

The sink was full of dishes too. The cooker hob you know the one I cleaned yesterday, well it’s still clean, but full of trays and pans. I spent hours in the kitchen yesterday, you would never know it. All the door handles were polished so nice, oh, now you should see them?

 

So, it took me about an hour to clean it all again. As I emptied the dishwasher, I smashed a plate. So, out with the vacuum. But it didn’t get all of it up so hand and knees job. Then whilst down there, thought it could actually do with a clean. Again. So rather than the mop like I used yesterday, I used a bucket and cloth along with some elbow grease. Sparkling. For today.

 

I’m going to make a dinner tonight homely creamy mash potato. I have to separate mine with BW’s as he has vegan butter me, not so vegan. I’m making carrots and my least favourite veg, broccoli. But I’m doing mashed turnip with butter. And we are having pie. It’s vegan pie. Thick onion gravy too. It’s so cold and there is nothing on a bitter cold night than a mash potato dinner.

 

I wonder what Hub will have? I guess a curry as he’s out with colleagues tonight when he finishes at his conference. Or meeting not sure what he is going for.

 

Remember the poor shivering birds. Please. Fresh water and some food. Even if it’s gone over apples.

 

Talk later I’m sure. I have loads of time on my hands tonight. And tomorrow I’m going to a garden centre. I need some slate for my garden and I’m looking for a Christmas tree.  I have a gardener coming next week. I’m going to try to make a rockery so cutting out more of my grass. This time I hope my neighbour won’t kill my tree. Haha. Or I may have to kill him… bless him.

 

Stay safe. Hang onto your metal… watch out for the Boogieman.

Hey, I’m surprised we can say boogieman now days? Shouldn’t it be boogiewoman? Or boogie person?