translate

Wednesday 3 October 2018

WEDNESDAYS DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Just got in I have been to M & S with my friend to get some nice food for Hubs birthday tea tomorrow. Gosh the shop was empty. Of course, my friend couldn’t find her car when we came out and it took me to ask her was there two entrances? Hahahaha. She said no…. then suddenly she saw the second entrance. I asked her did she want my guide dog. We laughed. As she would have her in a heartbeat, she loves the Wagging one…

 

Each time I get in my friends’ car, there’s always something on the floor sometimes the seat… remember last time she was clearing the seat for me to get in, we drove off and she left her handbag on the roof, as that was where she put it so she had hands free to clear her car…. We were driving down the main road when thankfully a guy passing in his car beep and pointed at her roof. She pulled over and said. “Oh my God, I have left my bag on the roof!”” I was like, oh no never. She laughed and said what am I like? Hahaha. Em…. Where do I begin. Bless her. She’s a good one though. Just sometimes I’m not too sure which one of us has the blindness…

 

 Well today as I got in her car, she said. “Be careful not to slip. There are some plastic ducks on the floor….”” Thank goodness they were plastic.

 

Yesterday I had a lovely afternoon with my dear friend Geordie. She brought Hubs birthday present and card. It was so kind of her. We are going out somewhere really special in a few days for Hubs birthday bash…. Well, okay, a meal. I shall tell you when we have been where we went and what it is like. Sham has kindly offered to make me up for the night and I haven’t said yes just yet… I’m not too brave when it comes to a lot of makeup. I can’t see myself in the mirror obviously and I don’t want to go out looking like a clown. And it’s not liked my love can see me, is it? Smile. So, let’s see on the night whether I go for her offer or not.

 

 It was great to see Geordie. She is a total tonic. I love her. I just wish we could see each other more. But she is so busy working and she has a busy family life as well as trying to fit in so many friends. She’s always out with different people doing things that are so far from my comfort zone it’s unbelievable.

 

Oh, I have a burn on my knuckle I did on the oven the other day and it’s turned really nasty. I think it’s the worst I have ever done.

 

Hey, get this one. Someone has put a pile of apples on our bench outside. Who? Not too sure. I wouldn’t have even known if my friend hadn’t told me today. Must remember to bring them in. then what to do with them? By the way, they are from our tree. But they are cooking apples if that. I can’t believe that tree is still producing fruit. Especially as when we got it years ago, it wasn’t planted deep enough. We don’t really water it and since then we have moved it. It’s in a different garden now. and still it grows.

 

 Let me tell you about our delivery guy today. So, he rang the doorbell. Boy Wonders car is in the drive. He knew we were in an yet he still chose to run off. But I caught him as he was getting in his van. He shouted. “Two parcels. One there one over there.”” To which I replied, please come back and put them in my hands.

He did.

I’m sure it was the same guy who I went ballistic wit last year as I was waiting in the sitting room for something that was due. I didn’t dare leave the room as as soon as I did, I knew he would come. I had to get that parcel. So, he rang, I ran I was at the door in six seconds. He was driving away. I ran out. Putting my arm out. He stopped.

Thankfully.

Wound down his window, and I asked him…. Where are you going? He replied next delivery. Oh, my, you wouldn’t want to be him after that. I wasn’t a happy customer. Especially when I learned he had just dumped my parcels one in my garden the other with a neighbour. So, I asked him to get out of his car and get my parcel. He said it was just there. Pointing. Great, where is there? I told him I am blind and he would have to get out of his van and walk… he told me my neighbour had the other one. I told him to get it from her. He said but you can. I said no, you can. Well my voice suddenly got louder. I stupidly blocked him from driving off. I told him his boss would be very cross if he was going to be so late for his next delivery. In the end he got the hint. He did the walk of shame and handed me my parcels, walking off muttering something in his language. To which I replied. That’s not polite. Hahahaha. I wished I could have seen his face. Especially if he thought I could understand him.

 

I have a new delivery man. He’s funny. He always greets me like he is my bestie. He always uses my first name too. Yesterday he with such enthusiasm. “Fiona. Darling. For you.””

Who is he? Am I to expect this man? Well then, I remembered last week when I was darlingged again he is a friendly chap for sure. Again, foreign but at least he’s not piggin Linford Christie!

 

Today is really warm. It’s sunny and calm. I have my washing in my machine. I shall go and cook Hubs dinner for tonight. My Son isn’t due in until later. Almost ten in the evening when he will be home. Not many more sleeps before he is away on his holidays. Did I tell you since he became a vegan he has lost 2 stone? 28 lbs. about 13 Kg.

I couldn’t be a vegan though. Being a vegetarian is fine by me. Though I admire those who are vegans as long as they are eating like our boy does. It’s a very healthy diet. He’s been running a lot though

A bit like my delivery guy…

 

I have two poems to write for people today then I need to try to address them stamp them and post them before 4 pm and it’s now 2 pm… Then I will cook and if I get time, I shall return and talk about a subject we spoke about earlier on this week. Until then, take care. X

 

 
 

No comments: