translate

Tuesday 9 October 2018

DANCING WITH THE STATS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Today I noticed on my stats we have visitors from Burma. Wow, welcome to my blog page, whoever you are and whatever your reason is for reading my blogs, I would love to know. This week I have had many emails from people I have never spoken to before. I know your countries read but I don’t see the face behind the mask of your flag, unless you email like you sometimes do. It’s coming up to Thanks Giving and Christmas, so like my baker friend who is creating cakes, I’m writing your poems. I have had seven poetry requests so far this week and nine last week.

 

Other visitors are countries who read every day like US, UK, Canada, Ireland And Turkey, and we say hello to Spain who visits at least once a week. And to a country I really would love to visit one day, Sweden. My dream is to have a cosy log cabin and to be able to see from the window snowy mountains and a tiny colourful church in the distance, but like my cottage garden, haha, it’s so far, a dream.

 

Hub and I talk of one day to sell our house and move abroad. If we win the Lottery, then I guess we could have a house in all the countries I would love to live. Canada, Italy and France just to name a few.

 

All time stats for my blog page are as follows. Remember this is the top ten only.

UK 135,216

US, 120,672

Russia, 10,892

Canada 9,671

Ukraine, 7,461

Au, 7,349

Germany, 7,136

France, 1,975

South Africa, 1,883

Poland, 1,409

We are heading towards 350,000 views in total. I can’t remember how many blogs I have written but it’s well over 3000. How many words? Goodness knows, as for the hours?

 

My Son and his girlfriend are having a great time on holiday. They are visiting the mountains in Cuba staying overnight. Hopefully with a roof over their head rather than laying under the stars! And they will visit the capital.

 

I was worried about his diet as he is a vegan. What will Cuba offer? Looks like rice and beans with veg. Every single meal. Apart from breakfast and he told me he was eating cereal with jam…. As they don’t have dairy free milk or butter. I think he will never want another rice dish by the time he gets home.

 

Our dogs are going crazy so I shall close shortly as I can’t hear my lap top speaking to me. My fingers are typing but goodness knows what I am saying… what with the sounds of their bells, their claws tapping on the wood floor and their growls, it’s like London Contemporary Dance School in here, only our dogs wouldn’t get the grades to make it to the stage!

And hopefully those lovely dancers don’t growl. But you never know.

 

Just before I go. “Let your life lightly dance on the edges of time, like dew on the tip of a leaf.”

Rabindranath Tagore.

“The dance is a poem to which each movement is a word.”

Mata Hari.

I guess that depends on who is dancing? Hahahaha. Believe me some people dancing to me is far from poetry, but to see or know they are smiling whilst doing so, is pure poetry to the soul.

Later with love.

 

  

 

 

No comments: