translate

Friday 12 October 2018

THE DIARY OF CONTROVERSY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. It’s cold windy and raining today. I’m not going out. Though I should go and hunt for our bin. With the wind, it’s been emptied so it could be half way down the street now. finding it could be a challenge. What I look like trying to find it, may be comical. Do you think Guide Dogs should train our dogs to find the bin? Smile, I guess we could do that only problem is, will they then find every bin out on our routes? Imagine that, suddenly you find yourself being guided down a drive, then another then in a back garden so your dog can say they have found the bin? Once we find it, then it goes in the back garden and that’s fine, normally our Son at least puts it next to the gate and Hub normally it’s him, unlocks the gate and takes it through to safety.

 

I can’t believe what a great job our gardener did this past weekend.  All the shrubs and trees are cut right back, all of the nasty thorns from our neighbour’s house have been removed. And all of our plant pots are so tidy.

 

Looking forward to spending some hours with our besties tomorrow.

 

 My Husband is hours away from home and the weather is dreadful. So, I hope he will be safe in transit tonight. But after tonight, we are off work for a week. Great. First break in months.

 

Huge happy birthday to Amy B and congratulations to Princess Eugenie our Royal wedding today. Prince Andrew her Father and their Mum Sarah along with the two daughters are a lovely family. Today it was really windy hats would have to be pinned on firmly I’m sure. The bride wore a Tiara lent to her by her Grandmother our Queen. The Princess wore a long white dress with a very low back. I only know this because my friend Kinzie told me earlier. I did say to my friend that if it was up to me, I would never have a wedding in October, not in England anyway. The weather isn’t always the best and October is such a strange month. All the leaves are off the trees and flowers look sad. I guess there are apples to look at as far as what may be in the background for photographs, haha, not sure how many weddings though will say, hey, let’s stand in front of the apple tree… Now my Bloggets are going to write to me and say, hey Fifi, we married in October. In England, and we look good in front of that Granny Smith!

 

Sad news as fracking is to start in Lancashire UK. This is really not good.

 

We have a TV program a competition called Strictly come dancing and two of the dancers, the professional a lady and the gent who is the learner he’s a comedian, have been photographed sharing an illicit kiss. He was in a relationship. Sadly, the girlfriend learned of what he did on her birthday. The dancing instructor is married. Oh, not good guys. Saturday night on our TV’s see’s them do the dance of shame. I do wonder if when it comes to the public vote, will people get them out of the competition? Personally, I hope so. If they were going to make a go at a relationship, then so be it but he has said it was a huge mistake, if I was the girl, I would be furious at that comment, he added insult to the injury by saying he had been drinking….

 

I don’t like this one. In science, two mother mice, have created a baby mouse. Wrong wrong wrong, just as it’s wrong that someone who had been charged with abusing children a man who got sent to jail. He decided in jail he was wanting to be a woman. He got sent to a woman’s prison and raped two female prisoners. Now this transgender, I can’t stand it. If you are born a man you are a man. If you chose to dress as a woman your choice, but keep out of our toilets and clothes shop changing rooms as well as our women’s hospital wards. I know people who are gay will be cross with this statement, I just think that we are heading to a very dangerous place anyone can decide they want to be a woman and look what happens? I hope he gets sent back to the men’s jail for life. he should be anyway with what he did to those poor children. Our news is calling him by his woman’s name. they are referring to him as she. An yet he hasn’t had any operation to change him.

 

So, to my friends who are Lesbian friends who are in a relationship have been for years, they want a child they will I know be brilliant parents, why would one of them want a man to help them to have a baby? Well they don’t have to be with the man these days. And they have to have their children grow up right through school having to explain they don’t have a Dad. Some would say they have a father and their father is bad. Yes, I know where you are coming from, anyone can be a father, not everyone can be a Dad.  Hopefully most people will have good Dads. Dads who love their kids, teach them make them feel safe care for the children, I was blessed with my Dad, I just don’t like the idea that we are really becoming one gender. There will be no such thing as a woman or a man in twenty years. There are flowers, a rose isn’t a daffodil, they are both flowers, but we don’t call them flowers. They have their individual names. Men women, girl boy. There should be a difference between us.to be crude, will men who want to become women start to demand they have periods? I just don’t like men coming into our public toilets. I received an email lately, from a woman who was buying underwear in the shop next to her, as she paid was a man dressed as a woman. He started to talk to the person who was buying her clothing and discussing the colour. She felt so bad. Uncomfortable.

 

I know being gay isn’t the same as transgender. Some would say totally different subjects. But I do know of someone who is a homosexual and they love to dress as a woman, so, sometimes there is a connection.

 

There are also great ladies out there who would make the best parents but I guess I would hope that there would be a man in the child’s life even if it’s an uncle.

 

So, today’s final topic. I read scientists have grown parts of an eye in petri dishes. They want to understand more about how we or you, or some of you, smile, see colour!

Surely this is great news, as if they can do this, they will be able to grow eyeballs and find cures for blindness? I dream to see as I know I could make my Husbands life easier. For him to be given sight would be wonderful, though for the first year or so, his life would be really difficult. I could see before where as Hub hasn’t ever had sight, so he knows to touch a chair its that, he knows when he is handed a cup of tea, it’s that, but stand him in a room ask him pointing to the table with the cup of tea on and the chair next to the table what the items were? He wouldn’t have a clue. His brain has never seen so he would have to learn everything. Standing on the edge of a path to cross a road, he listens as do I now, we cross. If he was given sight, he would be too anxious to cross. A huge thing would come towards him. What was it? We would know it as a car van truck whatever, he would see something huge coming at him. Trees can look really monstrous to people who have never had vision. Kind of sinister.

 

Hopefully I would remember everything, though it’s been twenty years and sadly I’m forgetting what my dear parents looked like, I guess if I saw a picture of them everything would come flooding back. Even a photograph, of course Hub wouldn’t recognise himself in it or me, his Son or if he was shown his brothers wedding picture, he wouldn’t know it was his brother. He would have so much to learn and remember, he and I speak of such subjects all the time he says it’s like learning a new language. For me, I’m ready to speak the lingo, dance the Fandango and pour without spilling an expresso!

 

In an earlier blog, I touched on how my Husband has helped me to see in the blind world and in another blog soon I shall write about what I, who could see has been able to do to change my Husbands life and outlook.    

There are some really interesting links at the bottom of this blog.

 


 

 


 

  

No comments: