translate

Tuesday 23 October 2018

DIARY OF LOVE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


It’s racing towards 5 pm. It’s been a really busy day. And on my return, my Son text me to tell me the window cleaner came, he paid him. Great, clean outdoor windows. I let my dog out and thankfully before she got chance to escape, I checked the gate, just because I’m obsessed with security. It was wide open and this isn’t like our guys, normally they are great at locking it behind them. That reminds me, I must check if the key has been put back… oh, heck…

 

Hub left early today to take a train to London. Then from there, he will go to another place half an hour from our Capital and the day after my home town so a busy week for him too. Sadly, not home tonight and back very late tomorrow, about 10 pm.

 

It’s wild out there. And so cold. I just got in with the Wagging one and I wished I hadn’t. going was OK, but on our way back, I couldn’t hardly hear because of the winds.  Thankfully Waggs worked her wonders.

 

And then loads of online work which I am really not enjoying. Trying to add data isn’t fun when the website isn’t at all accessible.

 

Looking forward to tomorrow as I’m out and about… and then I have a date with an ironing basket. Well what’s in it.

 

This is a real short blog, because I was out twice today, I am behind in my work so just a short note to wish you all well and have a great day or night, depending where you are. And just before I go todays subject.

 

Question. Is love a choice or a feeling we can’t help?

We all talk about love, but not really what love is.

Do we love certain people because of who they are or what they are?

Well I believe it’s a feeling, and we can’t but help that feeling. Not true love anyway. Sadly, I do wonder these days with kids, as I have friends whose children though grown up now, meet their boyfriends/girlfriends on line. How can that magical spark be in place if it is an arrangement out of your world and left in the hands of robots or loads of mixed up words devised from electrics.

 

I hear and see kids talking about finding the right one these days even some who live together at a really young age, and there is no spark, no floating butterflies between them. It’s so sad. As when you fall in love it’s the best feeling on earth, unless the other person doesn’t join you of course with your feelings.

 

It’s chemistry. And I do wonder if we have lived in a past life and we come back to earth as we are but are destined to be reunited. Some people never find their soul partner, some do but the other person just hasn’t connected in this world with that person.. And some just look on hoping for true love sometimes having to put up with whatever.

 

I never used to believe in arranged marriages until lately. As I always believed that only you can find your true love. But as I said now days, things have changed. Not for all, but certainly for the majority of young people I know. Some escape modern life though and do still connect and it works so well.

 

I saw a girl today I used to want for my Son to be his wife. I really like her because of so many reasons that I knew about her, but today clarified even more reasons why I believed that she was perfect for him. Haha. Well it’s too late now as let’s say there are commitments on both sides. BW is sure Sham and him are going to be together forever and this girl has a new boyfriend. And it’s serious. But she is lovely, kind, caring, intelligent, has a great job, is a vegetarian… loves animals, genuinely loves them and comes from a strong background. Oh, I learned today as well, she’s pretty. Just to rub salt in the wounds a little more. And she has a nice figure and height. But most of all, she is very sporty active and into healthy living. She loves to travel too. And she has a lot to talk about, many subjects. But that goes back to a spark and I guess that wouldn’t be there between BW and her. When I first met her, she liked him, but there was no feelings from him to her. That was about three years ago. But can it grow? Can people live together and learn to fall in love? Personally, I’m not sure about that, I think you can live with someone and learn to love them, but not fall in love. There is a difference.

 

Next time you see a new couple, see if they look into each other’s eyes and have that kind of love-sick look. Or does their voices go all soft and floaty when they mention their loves name?

 

I have fallen in love two and a half times in my life, the first time was like the last time and the one in the middle was something that I just knew I couldn’t have because of my stupid morels or, was it because my maker was stopping me as they knew what was to come?

 

What if for example, you are a vegetarian, and they love eating meat. You love dogs, they love cats.  You really enjoy horse riding, they hate horses. You have so much respect for elderly people and they do everything they can to avoid the elderly. You want a huge wedding they want it to be you and them. You want four children they don’t want any. You have one religion they are non-believers. And you are active, the only activity they participate in is turning on and off the TV remote. You enjoy talking about politics and they have never even voted. You enjoy conversations about the universe, they have their face stuck in FaceBook. But they say they are in love. So, they may have the butterflies, but once the wings have finished flapping about, what is left?