translate

Sunday 14 October 2018

SUNDAY DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Happy Sunday Bloggets. Gosh it’s raining cats and dogs. It’s cold as well. We have had the weirdest weather of late. The other day it was so warm almost as if the wind was coming from one of those hand dryers in public toilets. But boy, was it windy!

 

I’m hoping it’s going to be nice tomorrow, as we are out with our friend. Not sure where yet, but hopefully somewhere really nice. Yesterday we went to visit our friends. My friend Pip said she would take us. I felt really bad wondering what she would do whilst we visited, but thankfully she had her friend to visit who lived there too. It was great to go by car and not taxi or bus, train and so on. When we arrive at the train station my Niece Hanz picks us up bless her. But then we have to come home. After we get off the train, waiting at the taxi rank with the drunks isn’t very nice. It’s always cold too and dark. Though it may not be dark, in my mind it is. Also, I fear trains getting on and off. Once on I’m OK but sometimes we are on a table with two strangers and our poor guide dogs lay under the table among legs of plenty and there’s not plenty of room for them… our dogs or our legs. So, to get in the car at one end and out the other is fantastic.

 

Pip met with our besties for the first time. There was a mutural agreement that they liked each other. Not sure how anyone couldn’t like either friends. We are blessed to have the best. A small group of friends, about a dozen, but rather than quantity, we have quality.

 

As always it was a wonderful time with our pals. As we sat around the dinner table, Hanz had gone to the Fish & Chip shop where Like had fish, I had cheese savoury and the others had sausage with chips. They are the best Chips and with them, Trix opened a delicious bottle of fizz. Well, how posh… Some people have vinegar with their chips, I had Fizz. I knocked my glass over. Hahaha. Oh, heck, glad it wasn’t red. Thankfully Hanz came with the cloth. Oh, what a clip I am. We finished on lovely cakes. But the company was as always relaxed, comfortable and I so didn’t want it to end. I hate saying goodbye to them. My dream is one day our dearest friends live close to each other, rather than miles apart.

 

I heard from my baby last night. He’s fine but I do wonder if he is getting really fed up of rice, as he said when he comes home, he is going to in quotes, “Eatloads!”” so all night and this morning, I have been thinking, okay, what can I get him on my shopping list that he loves? Well everything he used to really enjoy he now won’t eat, as it may have milk, eggs or chocolate and, or in it. Being a vegan really restrics so much. Though of course it’s possible to exist and very healthy if you eat correctly, but what I call nice foods just don’t exist.

 

Yesterday near where we live, one of our shops caught fire and 24 hours later, we are told to keep our doors and windows closed as fire still burns. The emergency services are still tackling the fire.

 

Hubs kind Pa, brought us some cooking apples from her tree. Hub has made a crumble with them this morning. I have been the crumble maker in our house over the years, but you watch, his will be better than mind. Haha. I have to say, it does smell delicious.

 

Today Hub and I are going to start a session on our treadmill and exersize bike. I hope with him being off a week, I will go to the machines every day. I so badly need exersize fast walking moving and less eating. Our friend Kinzie brought Hub a huge bag of different kinds of nuts for part of his birthday. You know how much weight you can put on with those? I had a share of one bag and one box out of about seven but already I can tell I’m ballooning. Not blooming, but ballooning. Our besties bought Hub a bottle of special rum. From our home of Northumberland. With spices. I had a try last night, and I don’t normally drink alcohol, it was the size of half an egg cup just to try it. Wow, it was nice, but I had to add to it some coke. Hub loved it he had a good glass of it on its own. And another really lovely gift from our friends was a box of all of Hubs favourite brand of chocolates. Called Malteesers. He loves them. I didn’t know how much variety of malteesers you could get. Malteesers buttons everyone has been telling us they are to die for. so last night they got opened and I ate about five. Hub had no problem eating the rest. Thing is, I will put on the weight for all of the nuts though I didn’t eat them and all of the chocolates again though I will only try those buttons as I haven’t had them before. But still Hub may put on a lb, me? A stone.

 

I wish I could go now to my Mums for our Sunday lunch, but sadly I have to face reality that is the next twenty years will be like the past twenty years, no homemade cooking by my Mum. Our Son said to me a few weeks ago. Surely Mum you don’t miss your Mum just for her cooking?  Obviously not, but it’s the things that go with that, the feelings of knowing you are with people you love and who love you and the smell as you walk into the house of homeliness. The conversation we would have around the table the board games we played after lunch. As well as the food was the best. I hope Hub and I can do the same for our Son and his future family. Where as the kitchen is the heart of any home, the table is the centrepiece.

 Enjoy the time you have left over the weekend and I hope this week something exciting happens for you.

 

No comments: