translate

Friday 26 October 2018

SCIENTIFIC DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Well different subjects at the bottom of my blog, that is for sure.

Hub in my hometown today two hours from my now home. But before that, he and the Little Fella had what we call Aftercare today. This is where our dogs are tested and how our partnership is doing, between in Hubs case him, and his dog. Thank goodness he passed. As did the dog. Haha.

 

We weren’t worried as they must be doing something right, as they are working so well. He’s a lovely dog, so loyal and loving as well as a great worker.

 

We are positive they know when they are being tested. It’s like taking your driving test. But at least our lovely lady who comes out is a sweetheart and so very real. I like her a lot and wish she was ten years younger and not close to retirement as I personally really don’t like aftercare but knowing that lady is coming out makes me feel at ease. She’s so lovely and knows her stuff as well as being straight, what you see is what you get and I respect her.

 

In my fridge I have enough carrots to provide enough food for Bugs Bunny and his family and enough to help with vision across England. So, it’s carrot and coriander soup for tonight’s menu.

I have bought vegan cream to put in it, goodness knows what that will be like, I may just make a small amount.

 

Going out with two ladies later so looking forward to that. And then it’s our pub quiz.

 

Received two really odd phone calls today. First one I missed and I’m waiting for an important call so without thinking, I just called it back an elderly lady answered. She spoke Russian. Haha. So, I asked her had she called me by mistake, in Russian obviously.   afterwards I checked out her number. It said she was calling from the Maldives

Sadly because of global warming, that part of the world is sinking fast.

Just thought I would throw that in…

And two hours later, another really odd number different to the other but I blocked the other because the lady called me back and I was afraid she was running up a huge bill. So, was the other number from the same place?  This time it didn’t say but it wasn’t a number I ever get in the UK.

And when the other number called, it only rang once. Hmm.

 

I have a friend in India, is he on holiday there and using his family’s phone? Are his family calling my number for him? But if so, why doesn’t he speak? Apart from my neighbours, that is the only connection I have with India.

 

My Darling Son came home from work and told me it sounds as if I have been conned. Why? The old trick I used to tell people about and may have fell for it myself today. When you see on your phone a missed call or you phone someone back, you get charged a fortune. And with it being a Russian speaking person but calling from the Maldives?

 

I think I’m going to have to call my phone provider.

 

Thank you for your comments about the blog I wrote about love. It’s so interesting to hear all about your experiences of falling in love and simply love for others. How different everyone’s opinion was. Karen, I loved your answer and Terry, I didn’t expect that from you. But V, I did. B, interesting and for all the rest of you, it’s so lovely to hear your stories.

 

So, this is for C. remember this, broken crayons still colour. And please don’t take everything so serious because most times you are right, people are awful, but sometimes, we come across angels’ good genuine people, it just doesn’t happen enough where we meet kind people who are prepared to give to you what you give to them. And sometimes we can get disillusioned by how others treat us. We have to learn to walk away from them and hope they can do the same. If people hurt you, you don’t need that in your life. it’s normally because they are not happy in their own lives. So, they feel they have to treat you badly too. Well walk and hope they won’t follow. On your journey, you will meet people you really can trust. To C, again, I will try to listen to your music and give you my review. Smile, you did ask for advice. Here it comes the Fifi style.

 

Remember. A ship is always safe a shore, but that is not what it’s built for.

If you are going through hell, keep going because if you stand still, you will stay in hell. You have to come to the end eventually. And you don’t need to see a complete set of ladders, just take the first step in life.  

 

This blog may seem quite cryptic, I’m trying to answer some media messages and comments and the people I’m writing to connect with, will know what I mean, and I hope that at least one of the messages in my blog will get to those who need it.

 

That was all written yesterday. So, today. More news on my phone calls. I called my provider and they say yes, I have been tricked. They kindly gave me my money back but told me that they can’t do anything abut it. Today I received another three calls. I just keep blocking them but make sure I don’t call them back I don’t even want to answer their calls.

 

I have been out this morning but now in for the day. Hub working from home so it was good to get out. I had my meeting and it was lovely went well and had a morning of chatting and catching up with girlfriends.

 

 My Son has just come home from work. I expect he will be catching up on sleep. He’s had one late night and two early mornings. He was up at silly hour this morning making Hub look like he was sleeping in. and Hub is up every morning really really early.

 

I was asked today if I wanted to do a ghost walk. Haha. Em, not sure. My friends are going, but I don’t know yet.  Let’s see. I guess the stories will be interesting as obviously someone walks around with you and you get the history and stories behind the ghosts and where they frequent. But it’s very touristy, so not real.

 

I’m exhausted this week. Mentally. Tomorrow we have some people coming and the day after I’m hoping to get out just for a couple of hours. Then the week starts again where I have a person coming on Monday afternoon but apart from that nothing all week so I can catch up with you all.

 

I have some really deep writing to do inside of my head. How it finds itself to paper is another matter.

 

Right now, I have my dogs by my feet for some reason, this week they have both been really clingy. Pushing themselves on me. Following me like shadows. I think they are detecting something dogs are so clever.

 

OK, todays subjects. I had to look into this headline when I read about it. (birth canals are different all the world over)

Really? Surely ladies are all the same?

The shape of a mother’s birth canal has to be wide enough to allow a baby through but narrow enough to let the lady walk properly.

That was what was always believed. But a new study the researchers measured the pelvis’s of 348 skeletons from all over the world and the pelvis’s were not carbon copies of each other.

 

Some women from Asia and parts of Africa, were narrow from side to side and deep from back to front. Native American women had wider canals. European ladies had the most oval shaped canals. Colder climates favour wider bodies, which which are better at holding in heat so that could have an impact on canal shapes. There are different ways ladies go through labour as well when the baby turns etc. so this could design our insides.  

 

I guess it’s all the same result. Which brings me onto my next blog. I am not sure my gentlemen readers will want to read what I will try to write about tomorrow, though it’s inspired totally by a man. And what a story.

And finally, a question was asked.

(Have you ever had sex with someone of the same sex?)

Researchers identified those who said yes and those who answered that question no. 450,939 who said their sexual relationships had been exclusively heterosexual and 26,890 who reported at at least one homosexual experience.

 

At the annual American society of human genetics, it was written that the researchers were cautious, about exploring sexual behaviour that is still illegal in many countries, and that they tried to frame their questions carefully. The researchers performed a genome-wide association study in which they looked for specific variations in DNA that were more common in people reported at least one same-sex sexual experience. They identified four such variants   on chromosomes. Two variants were specific to men who reported same sex relationships. One chromosome has been reported   to have a pattern to cause baldness. Another chromosome is rich in olfactory receptors.  This plays a large role in sexual attraction. A large stretch on the X chromosome linked to inherited homosexuality.

 

The same chromosome that identifies homosexuality, showed signs of depression too, but rightly so, the scientists said that could be linked with their lifestyle and how the general public except or not except them. So, I doubt that connection between depression and homosexuality, can be linked.

 

Well the findings reinforce the idea that human sexual behaviour is complex and can’t be pinned on any simple constellation of DNA. In other words, there is no gay gene. I’m just not too sure where this study will take us to? Why need such a study unless future scientists are thinking about deleting certain chromosomes? I mean, what could be the other reason for such a study? But I think they have been looking into this since 1993.

 

And now it’s the weekend, I hope you have a great one. I’m going to have a lovely evening with the Hubster and our dogs. We may be blessed with Boy Wonder, who knows, I think he may be going to Shams house though. Right now, he’s still in bed. So, he won’t sleep tonight and he has to work early tomorrow again. The faster he can get a job where he is working 9 till 5, the better, though not sure any more if such jobs exist.

 

Look after yourselves but please watch out for those who mayneed you. Remember no one really knows what goes on behind closed doors. You could be that person who is able to open that door for someone. I believe in Karma.