translate

Thursday 11 October 2018

WONDERING DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good afternoon Bloggets. Some people reach for the stars, others reach for the apples on their trees. Me, I reach for the bread in the cupboard. Toast this morning. I went through stages where I didn’t eat it, I wish I could go back to those days, though I do try not to eat it on some days. I expect my Son will come home so thin. He’s swimming and going to the gym whilst there. He’s obviously cut out all dairy this includes bread of course. As some bread has milk in it.

 

My friend and I went for a physical walk yesterday, well, OK we moved. Not sure really how physical it was but hey, we moved and this is good.

Well

It would have been if we hadn’t popped in at the Chinese restaurant for lunch. Haha. I’m a hopeless case.

 

I started my day with the nicest email from my dear Blogget L. I can’t tell you how much I love to hear from her. So, I have written back, if she lived in England we would have met up by now. I have never met with this lady an yet I feel so very close to her and have a huge respect towards her. I genuinely care for her too. In fact, I think the world of her. People come into our life for all kinds of reasons, gosh, poor L has had plenty from me to put up with. She is my mentor, my earth mother and dearest friend, but I haven’t met her. How crazy is that? maybe I have in another world. May be my Mum connected her soul with mine.

 

Hub says we were always meant to be together. We had a strong connection at school. And we did for sure. When we got in contact again after so many years, it was so natural, as if it was meant to be! A friend in Russia, when I first met her, I felt as if we had met before. But she confirmed we hadn’t. but something was so strong. I wonder what that is?

 

I am on doggy day care today. My Husband is being driven to work by his Pa and they are using a hire car. Sadly, the hire company don’t allow dogs. I can see their point, but LF is a guide dog, though being a guide dog doesn’t come with their fur cut on number 0.

 

So, today I took a toy from the cupboard, though there are so many already around the house. But you know what they say, variety is the spice of life… well I noticed the toy I was about to get for them both, had a dog treat stuck inside of it from a couple of days ago. Most unusual, as Waggs lets nothing escape her dark juicy jaws. So, I decided to give it to the Little Fella as with him being out at work, he misses out on treats at home… same time, I felt sorry for the wonderful wagging one, so I took a treat out of the big box our friend Kinzie brought the other day. And then I felt sorry for LF and had to get him one too, just in case he couldn’t get his treat from the toy. So, I told Waggs to sit on her bed, and wait. I told LF to go into the sitting room. Before he left, I gave him his toy with the treat in, and kept sure that Waggs wouldn’t squeeze past me and grab the toy from the Little Fella, as he is so soft and innocent, he would in fact he does, allow her to remove toys from his mouth, mind you, one night our Son noticed that LF did it to Waggatail.

 

Well as I did that, I quickly threw the treat for Waggs to the left, to the right I threw another treat into the sitting room. I thought. Just don’t ask me to play cricket. Meanwhile, closing the door, was aware that LF saw I had another treat for him, and ran for the biscuit. Hmm. Leaving the Dyson of a dog to dive and devour the what must be delicious dog treat. As well as the toy! But it got better as I heard LF crying in his very deep voice at the other side of the door, I heard mighty mouth Waggatail the wonder dog, eating again. How and why?

Em, because that hopeless dog of Hubs had got himself that excited that not only had he dropped his toy in the hallway, but he’d even left his treat in there too. Most dogs would pick up and run. Not LF.so, Waggatail had a bit of a feast. And round two I had to feed a biscuit to LF, but then Waggs wanted to know why he got one and she didn’t? well I caught myself trying to explain that she had three biscuits. And two were not meant to be for her. As I was explaining this to her. I waited for the men in white coats to arrive.

 

Hub had the worst migraine yesterday that threatened him for two days and eventually grabbed him with both hands and attacked. I am sure it is stress. Poor thing went to work with his eyes shut he was in so much pain. I gave him a cold press last night but it didn’t help. Nor did his bath. Today he is four hours in transit and tomorrow six. But then he is off work for a week. So hopefully a lovely week will be had. It would be great to catch up with some family, either my brother and family or my nice, brother in law and sister in law. I know one, day, we are out for the day with our friend and another day I’m out with the girls. I have a meeting to be at, but it is only for two hours.

 

I haven’t heard anything about the poor Beluga whale that has found itself lost in the River Thames. I’m sure he is still there. So sad, I really wish he would be removed but seems like they can’t do that. maybe it causes stress for him?

 

So, I believe no guts, no story. Anyone can run away, anyone can hide behind another who clings onto hiding behind the person who is their shadow. But to stand alone and know your rights is the biggest strength. Here are a few quotes I know some of you enjoy reading.

 

“Screw it let’s do it.” Richard Branson

I would rather die on my feet, as live on my knees.”” Euripides

And now some good questions for you to ponder over.

Why is there an expiration date on sour cream? Do crabs think we walk sideways? Why is the slowest traffic of the day, called rush hour?

  

It’s so odd that everything is so beautiful at this time of year, an yet everything is dying…

Well stay alive until you are needed more elsewhere, won’t you?

  

No comments: