translate

Sunday 14 October 2018

PUBLISH AND QUOTE THE NEWS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


I have had three people this week asking when I am going to write my autobiography. Well I guess when I finish the story I started in the summer which seems to have found a back seat in my car of the forever journey. 21,000 words I have written so far and right now I’m just trying to connect with the mindset of the leading character. And then I would love to try to write some children’s books. Again, half started. Half finished. Procrastination is my middle name.

 

I do wonder if I missed my huge opportunity with publishing my autobiography as some years ago I was approached by certainly the UK’s leading publishing house and a company who are renowned all over the world. I have touched on the subject why I didn’t take the offer up and what a crazy person I was not to have done that, but saying that, I have no regrets in my decision, though wouldn’t mind another bite of the publishing cherry.

 

Today was spent with Hub and our dogs at home. It’s horrid out there and we are nice and cosy here watching TV and eating…. We did go to our gym but sadly motivation was lost and we were only in there 12 minutes… it was our first time in months though. I did put the mill on incline. I also took my music in there and earphones. But still I found myself being bored stiff, as did Hub so we came in and ate some of Hubs chocolates he got from our besties. Haha. We are a hopeless case, but tomorrow we shall try again.  Now we are about to watch our Sunday night TV. But before we do that I thought I would come and have a chat.

 

Talking to some friends the other day, I was reminded of some funny stories regarding our guide dogs. I was telling them about when Hub was on his way to a new office in London with his last Guide dog and he wasn’t too sure where a street he was meant to go to was, so heard footsteps and said excuse me. Someone stopped walking, he wasn’t sure if man or woman, but then he asked the directions and he couldn’t believe as he felt the air change next to him knowing by that someone bent down started to whisper at Hubs knee level. Hub naturally protecting his dog put his spare hand on his dog’s head to find the man’s hand on the dog’s ear. Then the man’s face close to the dog. Whispering directions in the dog’s ear. The man then stood up and walked off….

Oddly the dog didn’t let Hub know which way to go. Haha.

 

I have been asked if my dog tells me when I’m food shopping if the fruit looks nice. We have all been asked if our dogs know what bus number to catch.

  

It’s a day of eye pain today. Both of us have awful pains. Both eyes for me, one for Hub. I hate the fact our eyes are broken and still we have to have pains. As if it’s not bad enough not being able to see, we are given horrid pains too.

 

Gosh in the background on TV I’m listening to an American pop group called (The Backstreet Boys) well, not sure about boys any more, but they need to go back to the back street, as they can no longer sing.

 

Hub is making our dogs wild. It’s a cross between a cat and dog shelter in here and a 50-year olds karaoke birthday party.

 

In our news. A British man has been shot dead, in the French alps by a hunter.

 

A bottle of 1945 burgundy has just been sold for £424,000

Seriously? Would you dare to drink that?

 

In the UK there is going to be a new 50 pound note. It’s going to be difficult to forge.

 

Professor Stephen Hawking predicted the rise of new super humans. I’m sure he is right. But I doubt not for so many years. We still are struggling to invent body parts, let alone make everything to invent a full human.

  

I am sure in 100 years though humans won’t be what we are now days. I bet we are a scary silent faceless, soulless group of people.

 

Finally, some quotes.

Be a voice not an echo. Every wall is a door. Make yourself a priority and people will prioritise their lives around you.

 

 

No comments: