translate

Friday 28 September 2018

FRIDAYS FANTASTIC FAIR BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good afternoon. Gosh, it’s 3 pm. This is my first sit down since I got out of bed at eight this morning. I have been to a craft fair an hour away from home, but most of it was food. My favourite cheese wasn’t there today. The lady apologised and said I have one similar. Hmm. I tried it. It was nowhere close as nice as the crunch one I got last time. Now, the old me would have said thank you I shall take some. The new me told her it wasn’t nice as it wasn’t even as good as a cheese I can buy for a quarter of that price.  Also, if she knows my honest opinion, then she may not make it again. My friend tried it too as she is a fan of the Cheddar crunch. She too didn’t like it. But didn’t say anything. Then a lovely lady started to call. Oh, pretty lady, please may I have you… In a Chinese accent. Well, I continued walking then my friend said she was calling for me. Hahaha. What on earth did she want? Well I am so glad she called me. She was selling the most beautiful hair combs with beads where by you put your hair through the beads and slide the combs to the sides to keep the beads in place. So, she had a crowd of people by this point. She did my hair in so many different ways. Gosh I have to say it felt amazing. Girls, you know when you put a ruffle or whatever you call those material things you tie your hair up in? or even combs, you can feel either a pulling or feel that you are wearing combs. Well, this thing she was selling was as if your hair wasn’t even there. My head felt so light. I wasn’t at all aware that my hair was tied up. It is the most comfortable thing ever. It was so funny her accent was so cute and she asked my name. I answered. Fred. LOL. No, seriously, I told her Fiona. She then replied. In a very long word. “ah

Fiona. Where is your Schreck?” To which I replied… At home.

Well then, she asked if I would try to do anything with this tie. So, I just did a basic ponytail. You would have thought I had performed a miracle. I asked her how much they were? £15 each or two for £25. I said I would have two and she then made me happy by saying she would give me a free one because I modelled for her.  Well it’s a long time anyone said that to me. I used to joke when I modelled saying when it comes to foot fashion, I will know I have lost whatever I had. Hahaha. No one would want to fashion their shoes on my feet now, so it’s now down to my hair…. Oh well, I am delighted with what I got. I love them. And you can do so many things with this one thing. Mind you, I haven’t tried doing anything too fancy. In fact, what am I talking about? I haven’t done anything fancy…

 

I bought some lovely gloves for a Christmas gift, there I go again, buying for the C word. In September…. Bad me.

 

There was a man selling pillows. Well I have bought more pillows than I can imagine. We have bought cheap ones, medium ones and really expensive ones. But never ever ever, have I paid what they were asking today. For one pillow…. £150. $197. I almost passed out. I was just about to tell him. “Oh no love. I have a bed…” Not sure he would have got my humour though. I always remember when my lovely old Nanna went with my Mum to buy a dog collar and when she was told of the price, my Nanna replied. Honey, we have the dog already…

 

I bought my Son a special treat. A Vegan brownie. I tried some on the stall and it was really delicious. Firstly, I tried the milk one and then the vegan one. I personally couldn’t tell the difference. Again, very expensive, but worth it for my baby. I got Hub some special meat he likes and enjoyed the company of my two friends. One of the ladies I went with is so lovely, I adore her. She is a character for sure. Oh my, she is so funny. And my other friend is so different to her I just love variety. My friend is so quiet and the other is so chatty and eccentric. I’m very chatty but not at all eccentric.

 

My friend B the quiet one had a beautiful jacket on. It was some design not sure what now, but it was gorgeous. Really lovely wool. And the best thing about it it was lilac. She is lovely and slim though and not a bad height so looks good.

 

There was a stall selling jumpers. Oh gosh wow, they were stunning. The detail was amazing. The lady wanted me to try one on. I said no, they are for skinny Minnie’s. She said no this one would fit, holding out the largest jumper I’m sure…. She told my friends the sizes. S. M. L. XL. I asked her if they sold a MH?

“MH?”” she replied with some confusion. Yes, I answered. Ma Husive.

She didn’t laugh…

I didn’t buy.

 

It was interesting as the stalls were mainly like the last festival I went to but everything was a pound more expensive. Why? Because it was in a affluent area. Oh, let me tell you the best bit… my friend, the chatty one took one of those Granny trolleys. You know what we call shoppers? A bag on wheels with a long handle? Well, you are not supposed to take them believe it or not, because there isn’t enough room to walk let along pull along a trolley behind you. But the lady let her in with it…. Why? Oh, come on, guess what the person on the entrance said to her?

One last chance to guess why she was allowed to take her shopper in….

Because I am blind.

Hahahhehehehehahahaha. What the heckers has that got to do with the price of life?

 

It was a great day out though. Fab company. Can’t wait for the next one.

 

My Son hasn’t heard about his job, so I think it’s a no. he’s gutted. He really wanted this job. He decided not to go for the other job he was asked to go for. why? Because it was an hour away, nowhere to park the area not too good and it wasn’t much more money than what he is getting now. it was as a manager though, where as he’s an assistant manager now.

 

I was sure I was out tonight to a spiritualist event. But it’s tomorrow. So, I’m not too good at seeing into my own future, am I? last time I went with my friend, I told you, there were fifty of us. Forty-eight got a message us two didn’t. the best thing he said that night was he told one lady she was pregnant. She said no way, she was at least forty. He said yes, well we never found out if she was, but as I said some weeks ago, why would he pick a lady of that age to say she was pregnant?  My friend said she was so very slim too no bump.

 

Well, the night is tomorrow, not tonight… I’m too keen.

In our news. Netherlands Police prevent major terrorist attack.

    Good on them. Thank God for those amazing Police.

 

Okay, I’m shattered and must dash to catch up with housework. Have a lovely peaceful weekend won’t you?

 

 

No comments: