translate

Sunday 9 September 2018

SUNDAY CATCH UP BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. Today my brother did the Great North Run which is a gruelling 13-mile uphill sprint, jog or walk. He donated the money he raised to Guide Dogs so on behalf of Hub and myself thanks so much to him.

 

Hubs not at all well and the thought of him having to spend time in hospital scares me. He has tests coming up and I totally fear the results. Of course, I always think the worst and that word cancer is my biggest fear for those I love.  But the Doctor thinks it’s something else, but we are talking about a new GP in her second year who spent most of her time with Hub either on Google or trying and failing to call other more experienced Doctors. With his job, he can go private but for some reason he won’t. he says if he needs more tests he will go. If he went private, he could have had results by now but he is burying his head in the sand. My friend is a nurse so I was telling her of his symptoms. She also has told him to go private. It’s as if he doesn’t want to know what is wrong. But I can’t sleep at nights even for the three hours I normally get, has turned into half an hour.  

 

He is sleeping during the day, something he never does. Oh, if he has to spend time in hospital, it will be awful. I would just hope it would be one night. When I was last in my friend stayed with my Son as he was a child. Hub slept in a chair all but one night. But now BW is grown up, we have our dogs, so I would have to just visit and come home. He’s still going to work tomorrow though as most of the time he can cope with the pain he is in. He got tablets for sickness but they make him sleep so he has stopped taking them. He has not taken them for quite a few days, in fact I think he took them for two days and he said they are not practical for working.

 

After all the talk of funerals and what Hub wants I just hope to God it’s not one of those situations when people plan for the inevitable. Cheerful isn’t it. Well I hope it is what the Doctor thinks and that is just a small operation, but better than that, I hope it’s nothing at all. Though it has to be something he’s in too much pain for it not to be anything.

 

My Son and I will visit Hub if he does end up in hospital, but let’s hope I’m not visiting any hospitals for at least forty years…

 

Our Son has decided to become a vegan and it’s really difficult. Vegetarian I can cope with, vegan, no. But I admire his principles. I have had lessons all about what happens to the poor cows and chickens. And it’s awful. Even for the milk and eggs what goes on is wrong.

 

My friend text me yesterday to tell me she was sitting in her old farm house and heard a booming mans voice calling. “Hello, hello!” she almost died ran around her house but there was no one there. I don’t know how she does what she does. Staying in that house on her own. It’s remote. Her Husband works the farm day and night. She doesn’t lock the doors either. And her house is in the middle of nowhere.

 

She tells me stories about life on the farm I really don’t like. I just will never get it. If you have land, then grow veg. not kill poor animals. Best not let BW talk for long to her. Oh, heck… that may be the ending of a beautiful friendship. Haha.

 

It’s cold today and really wet. I’m thinking it’s jumper weather soon. It’s more like November rather than September.

 

A month before BW goes on his holiday. I wish it was over but having said that, he’s backed a week then off again for three days. I just hope he has a new job to come back to. He’s still hating the one he has now. and I don’t blame him.

 

In the news, Sweden go to vote today. Let’s see who gets elected.

Australia, Perth, Police have found a house with five dead people in.

England London a woman pushing her baby in the tube station, in a buggy fell onto the tracks with her baby still in the pushchair as she fell on the tracks her Husband saw the tube coming and dived down to help them as the train went over their heads. The Husband got them to an inspection pit. She didn’t watch where she was pushing the baby as she was looking at the information boards.

 

First case of monkeypox in the UK. What the heck is that?

  

And on that note, I shall go to make my love a cup of tea.

Lots of blogs tomorrow. Chatty ones happy I hope if nothing too bad happens overnight.  I have received a couple of emails I would like to feature too with their permission about their highlights of the week.

 

 

 

No comments: