translate

Wednesday 5 September 2018

ALONE ON THE DANCE FLOOR BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Well I’m well known in our house for breaking all vacuums. And I have done it again. This time a Dyson. As I turned to come from one room to another, I caught the end of the tool on the corner of the wall and it took the lid, straight off the bin of the machine, where all the rubbish goes. Great. Now what? With two very hairy dogs and their Mummy who can’t stand anything on her tile and wood floor other than polish cleaning fluids and a rug or two.

 

At least I have a guarantee still. So tomorrow when the shop opens, I shall try to call them. If Dyson are able to come to my rescue and make it so I don’t have a bad customer experience, then I shall praise them all the way. But I fear that I find out the guarantee is a con.

 

A lovely lady I know had her suitcases in her car after her holiday. Some one broke into her car stole her cases with all holiday clothes, jewellery and camera. They took the cases to a field and burned them. Stealing the camera. All their holiday photographs from there. She tried to claim and got turned down from her insurance. So, annoying the amount of money we pay for us to have insurance.

 

My beautiful Son has tried so hard to fix it and has done kind of. Thank goodness.

 

My friend Arty is coming for a cupper and a catch up. Looking forward to seeing her. She’s a much-loved friend. I have been so busy this year not had chance to do half what I wanted to do. But things are slowing down now.

 

 My shopping came this morning. I guessed 99 per cent of the items correctly, and only had to use my App Tap Tap See once to confirm what one item was. I thought it was chicken breasts and I was right. Gone the days when they were so obvious what they were. Now in a pack where you can’t feel the shape of them as there is air between the outer pack and the meat and you can’t squeeze the plastic film down or you will puncture it. So thankfully my iPhone read to me what it was.

 

So, aspirations we have for our children. We all want the best for our kids.  We have our Son and want the best for him. I wonder if I had more children would I be more relaxed? I guess I put all my eggs into one basket and don’t want to make an omelette. I wanted him to meet with a beautiful kind caring girl who made him laugh and who cared as much for him as he did for her.  I would love to know that he will marry a lady who will have his back for life. who will be a great Mum. Who is educated and so much fun to be around and who is a lady I guess. Are there ladies left under the age of 30? To be honest I’ve yet to meet one.

 

 I’m so proud of BW as his strength to be the best vegetarian is proving to be so successful. He went to the sea side the other day and walked around so many fish & chip shops to try to get a bag of chips that weren’t cooked in animal fat. Bless him every shop cooked in the same way so he did without. That’s dedication.

He is so good going to the gym. He did go through a stage not too long ago where he was starting to dislike the gym. I was so sad for him as it was his life for so long. But thankfully he’s back into it now.  I just wish he still had his gym buddy, but sadly that stopped a year ago.

 

Our boy has a heart of gold, he’s a lovely lad and deserves the absolute best. I pray every day he will find it and never be content with second best.

 

Speaking with my friend some weeks ago about her children, I was shocked and happy at the same time just how much say she has into the future of her children.

 

They listen to her. They do as she advises. Gosh, if only I had that control. I was shocked because I don’t like the way she is demanding that her children have to marry a certain kind of person with a particular kind of job, personally I don’t mind what job my future daughter in law does, as long as it’s a job where you need some qualification to do.  Because that will mean she has a brain.. This means that my Son who is very intelligent will have someone to talk with in the future about subjects other than Facebook, Instagram, name calling and girly stuff.

 

He is a good-looking lad everyone says so, so I expected hoped he will marry someone who is at least half decent to look at. Hub goes mad at that statement. He just wants someone for our boy who will make him genuinely happy. Who has his best interest and will put him first. As believe me, he certainly puts his girlfriends first miles before himself.

 

His ex-gave us three years of hell. Thank God she is his Ex. He has been wit this girlfriend now for two years. He  says he is very happy with little Sham. I think she will be the one who will become our daughter in law.

 

It’s a topic in our house just how many young kids are living with their girl/boyfriend. What’s all that about? 16-year olds living together. And the sad thing, they are still together five years later at the age of my Son. I just don’t believe that every 16/17/18-year-old knows that their partner is theirs for life, but because they start a home or at least a pattern of living together, they stick to it for all the wrong reasons. And may be after a child at a young age, early 20s, they will fall in love with the person they should have waited for. how on earth can they know their minds at 16? I know Hub and I talk about how we wish we had stayed in touch as kids at school then we would have had one marriage each, to each other. But we can’t have regrets as what do we get out of that? Nothing but anguish. But 6 out of 10 of BW’s friends are living with their partners. I just can’t believe that they know what real love is.

 

I just see so many car crashes with couples and they can’t seem to see it and they won’t listen to reason, why should they? Would I have done back then? No, I didn’t. we make mistakes and we don’t want that for our kids, but at the end of the day, we have no choice but to watch our children walk forward into fires of living flames and life and be there for them if it all goes wrong. The problem I have is, what if our kids never admit that they went wrong? What if they go through life so very unhappy. What if they don’t even see how unhappy they are. Everyone around them can see, but they don’t. it’s only if they come out of a car crash of a relationship that they can reflect on just how wrong it would have been if they had stayed with their partners. But if it never ends, that is my worry.

 

I don’t believe in arranged marriage, because I believe in true love. I also wonder how many of us actually find true love. And who am I to say everyone should have that, I just believe there is someone out there for all of us if only we just wait for that right moment.

 

I truly hope my ex finds his love and he will be as happy as I am with mine. There is no better feeling when love just works, but it takes two to tango and if only one person enjoys dancing, well they may find themselves on the dance floor alone.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: