translate

Wednesday 26 September 2018

DESTINY #PoetryByFionaCummings


DESTINY

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

We were meant to be

You and me

As little kids we were

Would we have believed her?

If she said you will be together at fifty?

I believe in her

Like some kind of fairy God mother

As children I never wanted another

You were my hero

My best friend

My every breath

You are my vision

Like sign language for those who are deaf

You make me feel safe

When we are as one  

Our minds are in the same place

When we were young

We were thrown into prison

Left alone

Apart from one and other

Then destiny struck

And parted us

I remember that day

There was so much fuss

Like a curse

 sanity, poured from us

leaving us insane

so much pain

our last penny tipped from a purse

we had died

left waiting for the Hurst

you were gone

left with your song

no longer we belonged

but she returned

saw how much we had burned

guided us in the right direction

it was up to us if we turned

and thankfully we did

deprived of affection

I could have hid

Among the prickly branches of life

But she took my hand

She showed me the light

She gave me the energy to fight

And you were a soldier

Wiser, older

And we met

She caught us in her net

Carried us off and gave us our freedom

We now have wings to fly

And again together

But this time forever

No one will tear us apart

As we share the same heart

We have been in love since the very start

Stronger we are

Have come so far

Battle wounds to show

But along this path of life we shall go

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

 

No comments: