translate

Wednesday 12 September 2018

AUTUMN INSPIRATION BY FIONA CUMMINGS


A poem I read today that I love and a quote sent to me by my friend and our Blogget Terry. My Husband said I shouldn’t post other peoples poetry as he would rather read mine. But I thought I would give you a rest from mine for a day. Haha. This one is far too sunny to be mine. ()

“September” by John Updike

The breezes taste of apple peel.

The air is full of smells to feel

Ripe fruit, old footballs, Burning brush,

New books, erasers, Chalk, and such.

The bee, his hive, Well-honeyed hum,

 And Mother cuts Chrysanthemums.

 Like plates washed clean with suds,

 the days Are polished with A morning haze.

 

(Your greatest contribution to the universe may not be something you do, but someone you raise.)

 

No comments: