translate

Tuesday 25 September 2018

WHAT A DIFFERENT READ BY FIONA CUMMINGS


I have to tell you I was looking at Twitter today and those who know me will know that when it comes to it, I am the biggest twit. I haven’t got a clue what to do when it comes to Twitter. I try, I’m very trying, whether I post successfully is beyond any comprehension I have when it boils down to such social networks, to posting anything on there. But today I came across a name I just had to share with you. This person obviously is on stage and I am guessing was born not as a lady… The title of this person is Dame Crusty Gusset

International critic and glamourpuss, living in Crusty Hall with one's faithful houseboy, Chu Me, one's pussy, Crotchet & one's trusty steed, Dribble.

O

Kay.

 

 Moving onto the subject of music. I have just lost the plot with laughter as I heard a great expression on TV. Hub and I were watching a mindless program where by two violins were shown and spoken about. A, or B. We had to decide which one was worth so much money most people would have to sell their house to buy one and the other one could be picked up at a decent price. I guessed correctly at A, where as Hub the musician, guessed B… I knew just by the consistency of the notes and that is what the judges said too. B, had the most beautiful tone but only some of the time. Where as A, sounded just nice, but all of the time. One of the judges spoke of a nasal G string so then the commentator had to just add.

“There’s nothing worse than a nasal G string.

 I’m easily pleased.

 

Alright, let’s look at some tips they say will help your manners. As I write for people all over the world, I find from receiving your emails and from travelling vastly in my past, people around the globe are well, just different. But here are some ground rules they say we should remember wherever we are from…

 

If you are seated at a table with less than eight guests, wait to start eating until all your food is served and the host has started to eat. If it’s a larger table then start eating when the people sitting next to you starts, then you follow.

 

All items not related to food or table decoration like hand bags, wallets, keys phones etc should be kept off the table.

Please don’t text at a table it’s rude unless you excuse yourself.

You don’t want to drink wine?  You don’t need to explain. Just place your fingertips on the glass and say not today thank you.

Oh, and if you can help it, please don’t blow your nose… Seriously the amount of times I have been eating in a restaurant when someone has whipped out a huge handkerchief, OK, at least they didn’t use the napkin or worse, but please, do we really need to hear an orchestra of trumpets blasting out your personal gunge whilst eating?

 

In our news, Brexit. Oh, gosh just let us get on with it… There are time wasters and idiots and sadly the Labour party in the UK are both. Sadly too, people in our country tend to be like sheep. We follow fashion copying and sometimes looking stupid just to be the same as the next person. So, needing to fit in. leading to not fitting in just looking so very different. Not everything suits, the same person. I mean, if leather became fashionable, I would just look like a burst couch. If mini skirts were in fashion, well, I wouldn’t dare leave the house and if I did I would probably get arrested. So, one man in charge of the labour party has a following of students, really, students are meant to be intelligent. But it’s fashionable to like him if you are a student. But if he was in charge of our country it would be hell to live here. We have to stop and think of the future of our country and we will have to go through the rough to get to the smoothed. Just look at statistics. We are paying less for our mortgages now than ever some say young people can’t get on the ladder of the housing market. Well I can’t remember ever before when our government gave first time buyers such great offers. Also, I can’t see young people doing without cars and holidays to save for their first house. No, they want it all. There are many houses for sale that is at a price which most people will get a mortgage for. but we don’t want starter houses, no, we want it all big and beautiful.

 

I admire our PM because she has never come out shouting. No matter what nasty mud people media throw at her. She has shown her intelligence by keeping quiet and just working behind the bureaucracy and excoriating headlines and critics. So far, she has been able to disencumber and get on with her job, despite everyone and their Granny being against her.

 

Disabled people are getting more benefits than ever before and unemployment is at it’s lowest. People complain saying they have no money an yet they are normally the people who smoke and at £8 $10 plus a pack of twenty, that’s a lot of money wasted. But if the smoker wants to smoke and the drinker wants to do that, fine, just don’t say you have no money. As for our NHS it’s bad but I believe it’s managed so badly that is why. Schools, well I know a lot of people who write to me saying how annoyed they are as they have to buy their children’s uniforms, fine, so they should, I mean they are your children, but when it gets sticky, is when children like refugees get free uniforms. So Bob and  Jane work hard  paying taxes, have to spend a fortune on uniforms and a couple who have never paid taxes and who may be claiming benefits don’t pay for uniforms or school dinners or even school trips, well then I can see the tension building up… fact is, if Labour ever get in to number 10 you can expect a heck of a lot more people claiming free everything who have never and may never pay tax. Because labour wants to open our doors to the world and not to encourage people who are out of work to get into employment. I feel for those who try so hard and can’t find a job, but we all know of people who just don’t even try to get employment.

 

All of my life I have been a labour supporter. But the past few years I have changed. I think the conservative party has changed too. They are not so snooty as they used to be. Of course, there is still a divider between them and the poor, but the gap isn’t as big and for those who are saying let’s have a recall on the vote to come out of Europe or not? For goodness sake, we had the vote we voted and we have gone too far now to change it. The biggest mistake our PM made was to call a new election and I bet she regrets that now. it’s a mess but believe me, it would be so much of a bigger mess if we allowed that fool to get in. I can’t even say his name. whereas Prime Minister Theresa May I am proud to say her name out loud.

 

Our PM is 62 years old. She read oddly Geography at Oxford university. And is more than qualified as she worked for the Bank of England and then as a financial consultant and senior advisor in International affairs! Mrs May has been a member of Parliament for many years. Working with housing and was chairman of education.

 

 her personal life she sadly lost her Father who was a Vicar in a car accident and a year later her Mother died of MS. She was the most popular conservative PM since the second world war. So, she’s the same woman, she wants the best for Britain so let her put the great back into our country. Support that other person and there will be no jobs for our kids in the future. Everyone will be on benefits so taking money from where? I mean, it has to come from somewhere. There isn’t a magic piggy bank in Number 10 or even 11.

 

And on that note, I shall go for now, how different my blogs are you may think…. From the top to the bottom of the read. Laters.

 

  

                               

 

 

No comments: