translate

Tuesday 18 September 2018

DIARY OF FACTS BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 
Good afternoon Bloggets. For me life hasn’t quite got back to normal yet. Though Hub is trying to get things right by going to work which to be honest he shouldn’t be back he was shattered last night and this morning when he got up he just didn’t know where he was and, in his words, he said he’s in a fog. I had to remind him to pick up his phone and watch. This isn’t like him at all. He won’t be in until later tonight as he has spent the day three hours away from here. See what he’s like when he gets in. He said he had to go to work yesterday as there was an important contract to sort out. I’m sure it would have waited! He said he would do a short day yesterday… short day, half a day? Nope, one hour and a quarter less than he would normally get in from his main office.

 

He left the house today at half seven this morning and will return about half six tonight. He’s crazy. But he’s proud of his staff and results so wants to keep them at a good standard. He has the best team. They are like a family. I used to love going to the office, it had such a great feel. There was a lady there who I used to go and give talks with to groups and her and I got on so well.

 

BW is OK at work these days but still looking for another job. Oh, my he had me laughing, just before all our events last week kicked off. He had a meeting with his area manager. It was in a coffee shop. The meeting was with him and his manager. His AM, asked him if he could get him a drink. Bare in mind, this was A, during the day, and B just before BW was due to start working for ten hours.

“Oh yes please, I will have a Stella Artois?””

His Area Manager replied with a chuckle. Yeah right. BW then pointed to a fridge with cans in of the beer as his AM didn’t believe you could buy it in a coffee shop… and replied. Ok, I meant soft drink. BW had a cheeky grin on his face.

 

Well BW started to talk about his manager leaving the place in such a mess. As BW opened some mornings he has double the work to do because of her bad closes. She replied to him. In two ears of working here I have not once left the place in a bad way. It’s always perfect. (Mistake Love)

BW then took out his iPhone and started to download the evidence he had. As that was happening, he listed twenty things she does wrong on a close… I asked what was the expression on her face? He replied. In shock. Her eyes were getting larger, wider. And what was the expression on his Area Managers face?

BW replied. “Well Mum. He kind of just looked stunned.””

Hahaha. He then told them he had video and pictures of the book work she had not done. Things she should have signed and she hadn’t. and paperwork everywhere. As well as leaving the place really untidy. He held his phone out and asked if they would like to have a look?

They both declined by nodding their heads.

 

Well long and short of it is his boss has sadly now moved on to bully a mother member of staff. She is as nice as ninepence to BW. I think there were words after BW left the meeting between managers. I think our Son should have been a Solicitor.

 

Last night he went out with his pal he works with. Now this lad is a prankster. As is our Son. So, I was wondering if they would get into trouble. But they were fine. He had a great night, which is fantastic. Apart from he left his keys at home, as I didn’t want him to lose them. He wasn’t taking his car as he was going out for a drink as of course sadly for BW that is all his pals know what to do. I wish he could find friends who just liked to do anything apart from drinking as my Son isn’t really into alcohol. Though I am sure last night he had a few, but thankfully he never goes overboard with it. I think he left his keys at home as they didn’t look good in his jeans pocket. Seriously, if they got any tighter, the chances of Hub and I not becoming Grandparents would be high.

 

Sham stayed the other night and she was sick… oh, heck…. You know what my first thought was? Hub and I can’t wait to be Grandparents, but when the right time and the right time isn’t now… BW wants two babies and Sham three. If they stay together, I would say it will be three Grand Children we will have. That’s a nice number. But to have one will be something I will be grateful for. just not yet.

 

Who will be the Mother of our Grandchildren? May be Sham? May be not. Only time will tell. I know one thing though; our Grand babies will have two totally different parents if those two do stay together. They are like chalk and cheese. Some couples you know belong together as they are so similar. And then there are those two. People say opposites attract, well they have in their case.

 

I’m pleased that Sham has not said anything about BW becoming a vegetarian, I thought she may have done as she loves her meat. And now he is a Vegan, she’s still really supportive. Fantastic. Bless her.

 

BW and I are determined to get Hub to become a vegetarian. Well last night I made him a vegetarian meal he ate it enjoyed it and tonight I have made some home-made soup. Vegetarian. And he has just said on the phone as he’s in transit from work, he is looking forward to it. Hahaha. I joked last night saying by Christmas there will be one less turkey going to be strangled. He said never. He doesn’t want to be a vegetarian…. Let’s see…()

 

My ex became one. A vegetarian that is. Haha. And I am proud to say he still is. I always thought when we split up he would go to eating meat as it’s easier and cheaper. But no, so that’s great.

 

It’s wild outside really windy. But in comparison to other parts of the world, we are lucky. Oh, when I watched the news yesterday I was so sad to hear the people in America/Florida, were told to evacuate their properties and leave all possessions and pets. What? Leave behind your pets? No, never. How? Oh, I felt sick.

 

Oh, I have to tell you a funny story I was cleaning the stairs the other day, well yesterday. As I was cleaning them with our Dyson, I couldn’t get over just how dirty the carpet was. Then I wondered why the vacuum wasn’t picking it up? Going over and over the stairs, nothing happening other than realising to my shame just how bad our stairs were. Normally that is Hubs job at the weekends is to vacuum the stairs. I thought, OK it didn’t get done at the weekend, but surely it was only Monday, one or two days shouldn’t have made much difference?

 

Oh. My. Goodness. No wonder the stairs seemed to be getting worse… the piggin lid had come off the bin, so it was blowing everything out of it that I had already cleaned. Like the rugs in the sitting room and conservatory as well as the kitchen floor crumbs…. But the bin lid hadn’t just come open, it was off…. Fifi the Hoover breaker strikes again.

Then to search for the lid!

 

OK finally some science news. In Florida US scientists have tried to prove that you can get rid of kidney stones by riding a rollercoaster.

Sitting in the back row there is a 64% chance success rate of passing them. Compared to 17% less who sit in the front. Haha.

 

The King cobra as well as hissing, growls and barks.

Marie Curie used to carry around radioactivity with her and it will take another fifteen hundred years before it will be away from her furniture clothes and so on.

 

Today if you want to examine her notes in the National Library of France, you will have to wear protective clothing.

 

And on that note… I shall chat later with a couple of subjects you have asked me to write about.

 

 

No comments: