translate

Wednesday 12 September 2018

DIARY OF OUT FOR A WALK BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. As I went out today the wind hit against me and I just felt chilled. It was so windy, but I turned a corner and gosh, what a difference. It was actually boiling. The sun fell along the path I was walking and the smell of freshly cut grass was so pleasant. The sweet shrubs and roses were amazing. The birds sang but then I had to turn another corner. And there we had it, the nasty traffic. The noise and the awful pollution.

 

Passing the monkeys in the zoo and along the rough terrain saying a closer hello to the grabbing trees with their finger like branches reaching out to grab any kind of material I may be wearing if they can’t find some clothing they will grip hold of my hair. I escaped that path and went down the hill where I am always aware of bicycles heading towards me. Luckily Waggatail and I have not been hit yet. But there is a fine line between safety and not so safe…

 

Twisting in and out of the buildings listening all of the time for different sounds which give me clues to where I am. Keeping hold of Wagga’s harness for her to guide me through touch. Remembering to walk heel to toe making it less difficult to trip when one does that. A good tip I was given some years ago.

 

I have written about this before, there is a shrub that has an amazing fragrance. The odd thing is, it smells in every season. I wish I knew what it was, one day when I am braver, I shall try to totally locate the garden where it is and try to find a gate then the front door and that isn’t easy… and then will they be in? if not trying to find my way out of the garden? Hmm. Maybe I shall not try to investigate and just admire the smell. Can you imagine if I do find the garden then the door and ask and they turn to me and say. “Sorry, I don’t know what you are talking about, our garden has no foliage at all!”” hahaha

 

Well we crossed the road, Waggs was great. There was a huge bus and it kept its engine on and the noise was awful. Waggs doesn’t like loud sounds but she handled it well.  Especially as the bus wasn’t going anywhere. We waited ages for it to move. I hate walking in front of a bus or behind it. But I’m talking over three minutes I just stepped out and waited at the end of the side of the bus and thought to myself surely there can’t be cars coming as beyond the noise of the bus, it seemed quiet. I asked Waggs to watch. I could tell just through the feel of her harness she was being good. I asked her making all the correct movements to walk forward. And we crossed.

   As we went down that pathway, I had to stand at another little road. This blooming bus was still just sitting there. How annoying. At least on my way back it had moved. Sometimes the busses just park up if they are too early. As if they are too early, they get into trouble as it looks as if they are speeding or missing out stops. Well they still may be but then they just sit with people in the bus. One day Hub and I were coming back from the town and we sat for eleven minutes. It was on the hour when we stopped and eleven minutes later we moved. All because he was in too much of a hurry earlier. Some people got off the buss and decided to walk the rest of the way. Haha.

 

We were not that brave as we know our routes and sometimes adventure into new places but not often.

 

On my way home today, it seemed so much warmer than what it did as I left the house. Back home safely and thanking my Waggs as without her none of that would be possible. Thank God for our Guide Dogs. They mean we can walk free so we have the harness, but at any time we can just leave the house. We don’t have to depend on others. Mind you, what others?  My friends all work. And Hub and I just don’t ask for help. Why? I could write a book on that subject.

 

It’s so odd not cooking Hubs dinner. But yesterday I made him a steak casserole it was huge so there is loads left. My Son had his lasagne. He will look like one by the time he has eaten all of that. The dish was enormous. And only he is eating it. So, he’s been fed already. And then there is me. I may just force myself to have some salad.

Yum yum. Haha.

 

Hubs first tests went in today and second tests on Friday. Then it’s the waiting game.

 

I have a busy few days ahead. Out tomorrow for a couple of hours with Pip and Friday out with B and Ann, then Sat we have family coming and Sunday out again for a full day. Again, I can spend hours if not days on my own and then like those busses, so much to do. Oh, and then there is the pub quiz. That’s tomorrow. I hope Hub will be back home as he has a funny day tomorrow. Moreover, I hope he will be back home so I know he is OK. My fear is he will be taken to hospital miles and miles away from home.
I hope this will never happen. Until tomorrow. x

 

 

 

 

No comments: