translate

Wednesday 19 September 2018

JUST THE WAY YOU WERE #PoetryByFionaCummings


JUST AS YOU WERE

By Fiona Cummings

You asked me how I don’t love you anymore

Couldn’t understand how I could walk right through the door

It’s easy you see

You used to belong to me

And I to you

But things changed between us

There were no rows, no fuss

Just I loved you as you were

To be honest life back then is a blur

Where as our days now I see through a haze

But there is a pattern

Our clothes are rags

And they were made from silk and satin

Your beauty and my looks are now bags

Overflowing with life’s trash

Nothing to do every day

Though we have the cash

We used to go to parties

Host a big bash

Now gatherings are just a car crash

Over in a flash

Why did things have to change

Why can’t you just be the way you were?

I guess I’ve changed too

We used to be stuck together like glue

But now have come apart

Why can’t you be just the way you were

Then you would have never left my heart

So where do we go from now

So many questions why where and how?

I guess only time will tell

Meanwhile we have to live through this hell

I’m so sorry you are hurting

I don’t want these words to go in vein

I didn’t want to see you in pain

I just wish we could go back to those days

When you had a name not just her

When I loved you just the way you were?

© Fiona Cummings

Written for Steve to L

I hope L finds happiness soon. And Steve, you did a brave thing. You are still young and you need to be happy for the long life you have ahead of you.

 

 

No comments: