translate

Friday 7 September 2018

THAT'S THE SPIRIT BY FIONA CUMMINGS #FionaPefi


So, the moment you have all been waiting for. well, OK, three of you…

Where the hotel was wasn’t where I thought it was, but got there fine. It was a grand old mansion. It was rather spooky so a great environment to hold such an event. Once my friend and I got in the grounds of the hotel, and of course got lost, I tried to help her to find where we needed to be. Haha, oh, come on Bloggets, join in with me I’m still laughing. Normally Hub and I have enough common sense to guide people with sight out of places even into venues. But last night? Alright, I totally failed.

 

As my friend read the name of the person we were going to see, a poster with his name on advertising, I suggested that we went through the door where the poster was?

Well at the entrance of the door advertising the venue would be a good idea, right? Spot the obvious?

Em. Nope. My friend replied.

Fiona it’s a poster on a brick wall…

Oh, well, may be the spirits would walk through that but not us. And that is who we were hoping to chat with that evening.

 

So eventually a very tall elegant lady came rushing to our rescue as I am sure we set off a few security camera’s. I guess we did look rather sus! So, through the door. Into a beautiful atmosphere. Oh my, seriously, it was one of those places I just felt like I had come home. I absolutely loved it.

 

The staff were so kind, though my friend Pip and myself were chuckling as we had already suggested to each other out of earshot of the tall elegant one, that she may be a spy for the medium we were going to see…

 

We were shown into the bar. We bought two coffees and the lady suggested that she brought our drinks to us. My friend asked if there was anywhere else we could sit as it was noisy in there? Well there were about four tables by what I could hear. All full of people speaking in languages I wasn’t sure of. All men too. So, the lady behind the bar came from her post to walk us to the restaurant. I felt a little odd as we weren’t eating but I wished I had been as the food smelled so lovely and I had no dinner as was too anxious about seeing the medium that night.

 

The walk to the restaurant was so long. But still I loved the feel of the place. It was like a really old Victorian mansion or even hotel. I felt as if it has seen much life. romance featured in my feelings of the place. Elegance too. It’s rather funny as a blind person, what did it look like to the sighted out there? If I showed pictures of the place, you may go, oh, my, what a dump? But it just felt beautiful and normally I’m right about places. It certainly felt clean. As we wound around the corners up and down slopes which I guessed replaced steps to make it friendly for those who can’t use steps or who hate them. As walls almost touched us as we passed then we would break into a huge room which in my constant mind of a writer I imagined dances going on, huge log fires and a dog walking around and servants with silver trays. Men bowing to ladies. Females walking slowly looking for a suitor, wearing long floaty dresses with many petticoats underneath.

 

Gentlemen kissing a lady’s hand after a dance. Chandeliers providing just enough light to set the right mood for the event. Grand tables set out with finest glass wear and silver wear. At the centre of each table featured candelabras with flickering lights. The smell of coal fires burning. As I turned another corner I could smell the most beautiful fragrance of lily’s. then roses. Then back to the coal fires burning and food cooking. A real homely feel.

 

At last we were shown to our small table. But I could have carried on walking forever. I so badly wanted Hub to be there with me. But at the same time, this night wasn’t going to be for him as he doesn’t enjoy such venues. Me, I love them.

 

We had a coffee served in a pot with milk and a chocolate treat. As food was served to ungrateful people at one table, as in their pure rudeness disregard for the waiter serving, almost as if they had a right to be served by him, another table hosted laughter and love. Another table spoke in a quiet fashion and one more had a big business deal to be discussed. Pip and myself? Oh, what didn’t we talk about. Of course, always aware that a spy in the camp could be lurking, didn’t give away anything about our homelife. Sceptical? Yeah. Believer? Absolutely.

 

So, who were we going to see? Steve Holbrook. As a child his Grandfather visited him in his bedroom. Waking him up he said to the small boy. Tell your Mum I’ve gone. Next day the family learned that the Grandad/Father had passed over at the time that the little lad went to tell his Mum of the message. Since then he has seen heard and felt spirit. And what I loved about him was he insisted that people only said yes or no, he didn’t want to be fed. (Unlike me, I was starving)

Oh, he had so many people in tears. In the interval a lad told my friend he didn’t believe he was just here with his family. Long and short of it, after the break, Steve went to the family ending up with the lad. He even had this young kid in tears. It was his brother who had died and the sister, Mum Grandfather and Grandma were all around the table. Oh, my goodness. It was heart-breaking. He also went to a family, Dad, Son, Sons girlfriend and young sister Told them it was the wife /Mum who had passed. There was a holiday cancelled and it was the lady who died. They sounded harsh as the medium asked about someone not going on a holiday, as the Dad told the story of how they had to remove her from the holiday as she had died by then. He told the little girl who sounded about 16, her Mum asked her to look after the Dad. She said yes. He apologised from the Mum in spirit saying it was too much for her young shoulders then he turned to the girlfriend to tell her that the Mum approved and she, the girlfriend, was carrying a child. Turned out she was pregnant. but he also told a lady who sounded about forty that she was pregnant and her baby was due in March. The lady said no. he said for sure she was. Well for sceptics out there, you wouldn’t normally go to a forty-year-old lady to tell her this, he also said that the lady didn’t have other children. Again, for someone of that age, you would presume she would have.

 

Well, I personally didn’t feel any spirit for want of a better word. But he, certainly did. In the interval my friend and I started talking. Saying things like.

If we go into spirit world, what does it look like? No one ever says what it’s like. Are they just souls wondering around. Do they eat and drink? Sleep? Go to the toilet, just silly thoughts as I have never ever heard what it’s actually like. And if they are just spirits wondering around, isn’t that boring? Lonely? I guess they have other spirits talking to them. But are they with us and if so, why don’t they just talk to us, I guess we have to be open I know when I have had my experiences I have felt since I lost my Nanna when I was 15, I could bring her back into my room, but no thanks, it’s not happening. In fact, to tell the truth, I got up really early today as didn’t want to be in a vulnerable place in bed alone. So, I was up like a flash, and it’s silly as they have never hurt me before, but I do feel them I do now sitting here. I don’t like it. But when I am in a room somewhere other than my house, I am not afraid As long as they stay in that room and don’t follow me home. As long as there are loads of people around me. And living people helps though spirit are very welcome as long as I said earlier, they stay there.

 

I did make sure I told them inside my mind to stay and said goodnight as I left the room.

 

So, he continued to impress me with his talent. He was a great performer too, so very funny. It felt so right the room. The whole building was so peaceful. He spoke to every single person and there were about fifty people there. Every single person, in that room.

 But us.

I’m not piggin joking. My friend and myself were the only two people in the room who didn’t get a reading. My friend confirmed that was the case. Though you didn’t have to be Sherlock Holmes to work that out as there were just a few people. Well no more than fifty and because most tables had families of four and five on, it was easier to keep a check on who was who.

 

Having said that we are going to his next venue. And it’s this month. But I have a feeling there will be more people there.

 

I was sad I didn’t get a message, but happy for the people who needed to know their loved ones were happy. He went to one lady turned out it was her ex Husband…. Well she was so funny about him. And another name was said. This ex in spirit didn’t like this other bloke. The lady answered. Neither did I…. he was my first husband. Steve replied. Goodness, how many Husbands have you had? A golf ball was spoken of. The lady said not sure what you mean. He replied did he like golf. No. well did your ex ex?  No. well was there a golf ball put in the coffin of your first husband? Probably. No, he replied, I don’t want probably, I need yes or no. why probably? She replied, well the woman he married was a bit of a nutter. Hahahahaha. That reading was the only one I was a little whatever about, but it provided entertainment.

 

He could give names and they weren’t old fashioned names. He gave dates really accurate ones. The family who lost their Mum/wife, he asked what had the 5th of September got to do with anything?  The girl answered her birthday, as in the young girl. He said happy birthday your Mum wants to say. And who’s birthday is in February? It was the deceased persons birthday then, and he gave other dates of the dates people died and anniversaries. Gosh he was good. To be honest, I would give him 7 out of ten. And he was honest saying that in the 33 years he has been doing this as in readings, contacting spirit for people, he can only recommend four good mediums. It’s just a real shame that there are sharks out there but he isn’t he’s really good. There has only been one person I have given 10 out of ten before and one I have given 9 out of ten. Loads I would give 2 and a couple about five. I have seen may be 30.

 

So, to round it up, we will try again as we are going to see him and if we don’t get a reading next time, I will understand that my loved ones just don’t communicate with him, but he is a good guy and we had an enjoyable evening. I just can’t get over how he could leave out 2 people, out of fifty!

As we returned home, Sham was arriving, in her pyjama’s. My friend asked her was she ready for bed? She was… but not before a discussion was had between Sham and BW. It was heated. She has a very strong opinion and BW has too. He is clever though and can hold himself well. I agree totally with BW so it was hard for me to keep quiet but I did. I didn’t want to gang up on Sham. And if I gave my opinion it would not have been nice for her. But gosh. I think BW had four hours sleep before getting up for work.

 

It’s the weekend again. I shall be back later to chat. Until then, lots of love.

 

No comments: