translate

Saturday 8 September 2018

DESTINY #PoetryByFionaCummings


DESTINY

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

If only you knew just how much I love you

If only you realised you are every breath I take

These words I put pen to paper are so true

Perhaps in life I have made the odd mistake

But for sure you aren’t one of those

If I had to live my life again

It would be you every time I would choose

 I would wear the same shoes

Walk along the exact path

Just to hear you laugh

I would carry all of your tears

And help you through your fears

Holding your hand

Trying to understand

But if you pick a route and run faster than me

Turn at the old oak tree

I wouldn’t find you again

I couldn’t save you from pain

And then over the fence I would see your shadow

Deep within the meadow

Too far for me to help you

Though we would share the same sky so blue

Sit under the same stars by night

Though we would be a speck in the universe

I would curse

Because I let you go

Over valleys so green

And mountain tops full of snow

If only I could have my time over

We could grow till we are much older

I know you are hurting now

And it’s killing me as to save you how?

I see the pain upon your brow

Only your destiny can save you

But know I love you

© Fiona Cummings

 

No comments: