translate

Monday 20 August 2018

TURN A CORNER BY FIONA CUMMINGS


My friend has been today, with her little girl. Gosh to have a child that age again is an exhausting thought. I think if it’s your own child or grandchild, you just fall into the role again automatically. But to watch her with the baby, wow…

 

My Son has been on a walk this afternoon. It wouldn’t be a long walk sadly for him as Sham hates walking, but hopefully he enjoyed it. He’s now driving her to buy clothes. More clothes… she needs something black… tomorrow she’s off to London to learn how to put make up on people and she has to wear black. Even for a course? Strange isn’t it?

 

I cooked Hub frying steak and chips for dinner with mushrooms and onions. He thankfully enjoyed it. I love to cook for him and he is always so grateful bless him, mind you as was my ex and my ex never complained of the food I cooked. Hopefully he is still eating well now days. Sadly, I heard he’s drinking well. But if you hang around dogs long enough, you learn to bark. It’s a shame as most of his life he wasn’t a heavy drinker. I pray to God my Son won’t follow his girlfriend’s lifestyle of drinking. She’s Irish so comes from a big drinking family but I doubt they will drink as much as my ex’s brothers drank and drink.

 

My Waggatail is laying by my feet shattered. She was playing with the little girl. Waggs adores children and it’s funny as she knows how gentle to be and how far she can go with them.

 

Today I spent forty-five minutes on the phone to our bank to sort something out… only to realise that after I eventually got through, I was through to the wrong bank. Bahahaha. We have two banks, one for our mortgage and one for where our pay goes in. oops…no wonder the man couldn’t find my mortgage account…

 

Hub and I are having a lovely night in front of the TV. We haven’t done that for ages. It’s been too warm outside so we have either been in our garden or out with friends or neighbours. This has been a beautiful summer.

 

We have been watching a comedy and he and I have laughed so hard.

 

This afternoon I spent time writing to my most favourite person I live for her emails. I adore her. Remember the days when we would get a hand-written letter with that stamp on it? If we got a letter from abroad, we would know by the stamp which country it came from. Well, now it’s all electronic. If it was the old style, with not being able to see now, I wouldn’t be able to read the letters, so I am grateful to my soft wear that makes my lap top talk. But still I have fond memories of old letters.

 

Hub and I were talking about boarding school. We were made to write a letter home every week. What a joke. Why? Not sure, apart from we were putting pen on paper or in my Husbands case a typewriter. Remember those? But we could only write what our school wanted us to write. So, proper gander. We had to say how happy we were and how good our school was. Wow, people in England used to talk about Russia being Big Brother. Well, no, in the eighties, some schools in the UK were just that. Big brother!

 

I remember when I got love letters. Gosh, kids today wouldn’t even know what a love letter was. I kept mine for years, then I grew up. Smile.

 

I wished I had kept my emails from my Husband. When we were reunited again after forever years. Oh, they were so romantic. And that was before we actually met up again. And even then, I never thought we would end up marrying. In fact, in the very beginning, I never expected we would meet. He was a dream, but a dream that came true.

 

Talking of dreams, I had a lifechanging dream early this morning. It was too true to be not true. It has affected me in a big way I’m just not sure yet how or what I am supposed to do with the dream but it’s not one that I can just forget. If I told you the dream, it would sound absolutely crazy. It wasn’t mad enough to be funny or mean enough to make sense. It was about three minutes long at least that is what is seemed like. And sitting here now, I’m not totally sure it was, a dream!

 

Thank you for all of your emails and thank you a million times for all of your views/reads. I can’t believe how many people have read my blogs now. and as for the country stats? Well there are many gaps now whereas last time I wrote the country stats, they were all so close, but now big numbers are missing between countries. But France is chasing South Africa and Canada is running with Germany. In my next blog I shall share the country positions.

 

Wherever you are in the world remember this. “life provides turning points for us, it’s up to us if we choose to turn around that corner!”” The instinct towards spirituality is deeply ingrained in humans. Research tells us that even sceptics, can’t ignore the sense that there is something greater than the concrete world we live in. our brain processes sensory experiences, it is in our makeup to look for some kind of patterns and our more conscious self. Then we seek out answers in those patterns this can lead to the phenomenon known as cognitive dissonance, which shows that once we believe in something, we are strongly inclined to try to explain anything away that conflicts with it.

 

In short, humans can’t help but ask big questions as it’s in our minds to do so. And remember that no one has the answers. We can all give advice or tell you what we believe in, but not one person on this earth knows everything and you will know one thing in your life that the next person won’t know anything about. So, don’t ever feel less worthy of anyone because we are all different some are better at some things and others are experts at other things in life. even if you know only one thing in your life no matter how small it may be or what seems of little importance to you, to someone out there I can promise you, it will be the information or help that they have been looking for!
(C) Fiona Cummmings

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: