translate

Monday 13 August 2018

MAMMA MIA BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Once again good morning. Whilst Boy Wonder has taken Waggatail on a quote. Jog, I am sitting here writing to you as the familiar sounds of drilling comes from my house. Again! I swear the next house I buy, will be brand new.

 

As BW took Waggs out on a jog, I told him to remember she isn’t a young fit 21-year-old. She’s in doggy world, seventy! With Wagga’s nose constantly on the ground sniffing, I’m not sure how much jogging BW will get done. I’m glad she’s out as later on I was due to take her for a walk, but it’s forecast to rain, so I guess now she will be working and no playing. I have to get some envelopes.  I tell you I have a stationary fairy who loves to take anything paper… smile. I had a huge pack of them and now they are gone and writing letters isn’t my Sons thing and I do all the paperwork in our house so it’s not Hub. As a blind person, they could be one inch to the left and I would miss them.

 

Hub is at work with the Little Fella. He, as in Hub not The Little Fella, has a new member of staff starting today. She went in with Hub and will be travelling with him every day from now. she is sighted, so will be easier for Hub to do the trains which normally are OK for him, but this past few months whilst our train providers decide to get organised, have been a total nightmare. I told you about when he went to Manchester. Normally he takes two trains each way, well it was three going two coming back a few weeks ago. Three rather than two going, as the first one everyone was sitting on all fine and they all were told to get off after they were sitting for ages, so, making everyone late. The conductor didn’t come on. Why? No one knows. And the second one broke down. So eventually he got to his meeting and he was an hour late. Now he always leaves loads of time to get there, but still that late. On the way back, he had bad delays again. It’s OK having to get off the train and find your next one if you can see, but if not? And it wasn’t even on the same platform. He books assistance but the assistance doesn’t come if not booked. So, getting of a train that won’t move for whatever reason, doesn’t count with the assistance. He had to just follow passengers asking all the way were they still the same people. Thank goodness for LF. I really struggle with Waggs in a train station. I’m scared stiff in case she just misjudges the track/platform… some of those trains come through without stopping. But Hub trusts LF. Or is it a case of no choice? Well now at least he will be with his colleague and they will be travelling by car most of the time the only time Hub will be going by train is if he has to be at some kind of conference where she won’t be needed to work.

 

I haven’t met her yet, but from what Hub says, she seems to be perfect and will fit in well with the other guys and girls in his office.

 

I’m going to try to go to our cinema and order some earphones for tonight. Remember I told you yesterday I was going to the movies and I didn’t want to appear different to the others, so I wasn’t going to ask for earphones for audio? Well Maria came to my house yesterday telling me what time we were all meeting there and asked me in her kind of way, how did I…. her exact words were.

“So, how do you…. Well, how do you. Em so, how do you kind of do this?””

Hahaha. People are really so afraid to ask me anything and they shouldn’t be. But bless them. I told her sometimes I use audio and had to explain that to her. I wear earphones that luckily our cinema provides. They switch them on the correct channel and everything that she will see on screen that doesn’t speak or make a sound, a voice in my ears will tell me what’s going on. It’s great. We are so lucky to have this. Most countries don’t! but then I added as I felt awkward. But I may not bother for this film. She replied. No, get what you need…. So, let’s see. I wonder when I go, will I be told that I can’t order the earphones? See, what normally happens is, I pay for my ticket, tell them I need audio and then have to go to another place and wait for what seems ages but probably is only five minutes. But when I am with a group of sighted people, I don’t want to be different. So, if I order them, hopefully when I show my ticket, I will be handed them and most people I’m with won’t even know. I guess I shouldn’t care, but I do.

 

There are twelve of us going tonight. We are going to see Mamma Mia, so there will be no grey matter lost. It’s so nice I was asked to go, bless them all. There are some great actors and great actress’s in it.

 

 We are asked to return to the Greek island of Kalokairi, as the original movie came out ten years ago. I didn’t see the first one, but from what I read, Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth. Oh, he’s one of my faves. Cher is also in the film, Julie Walters, now there’s a name I don’t see enough on our screens now as she is simply the best. Benny Andersson and Bjorn Ulvaeus, I’m guessing they are the two guys from ABBA?

 

The music is from ABBA who I love, but the storyline I don’t have any connection as it’s about a Mother and her daughter. Of course, I used to have a Mum but I don’t have a daughter. I guess the closest I will have to a daughter will be when my Son marries. Let’s hope she will be someone I can love as a daughter. So, I don’t have a connection with the story, but as I said, love ABBA.

 

  My Son has just returned. So outside now are quite a few cars. Our drive is a double drive, but our street is a single one… it’s kind of crowded out there as we have four cars at our house right now with two spaces available. I have a very hot dog. I have just given her water and she was looking to go again but my Son said the five-minute drive from where they went for a jog to home, she fell asleep. Smile. She’s had her exercise for the day bless her. She isn’t the fittest of dogs. She hasn’t been since I got her when she was a year and a half. She was always exhausted after even ten minutes of running around, as I say, even when she was a baby. She’s had fun though. BW said on the way back he had to walk as she was pulling behind.

 

Oh, there are some awful wasps around at the moment and I hate them. They just won’t give up trying to land on me. They have my poor dog scared stiff. I do wonder if she has been stung as she was never afraid of them before.

 

Well it’s Monday, the start of a brand new week. A lot can happen between now and the weekend. Let’s see what our week brings. Chat later.

 

  

No comments: