translate

Sunday 19 August 2018

MONDAY'S DIARY THE LOST FOREST BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good morning Bloggets. Firstly, I would like to say a very happy birthday to our Blogget who if I give their age, they won’t be too happy. Let’s just say, it’s been 20 years since her birthday when life is supposed to have started from. Smile. Amy, happy birthday have a great day.

 

Life starting at forty? Well mine at 41 and Hub says the same. I think before that, he existed

 

Yesterday’s forest walk didn’t quite happen, but a coastal walk did. We went to a place called Filey. Oh, it was so lovely. The people are really nice there, locals and holiday makers. There were donkeys on the sands, families playing games on the beach and small shops selling ice creams and fish & chips. Loads of table and chairs along the promenade and to get to that, we walked through a lovely wooded area. Passing the golf course and in the distance, we heard a brass band playing. The weather was beautiful. We walked 5000 steps, not as many as I hoped for, but better than what I do at home or even around our town.

 

Our dogs had a lovely day. They worked so well. It’s funny every time Hub and I are out and about, we seem to attract people who come to us saying they were thinking about either becoming a puppy walker, boarder or sponsor a puppy and after seeing us with our dogs, have decided to do so… Now, whether they will, is another matter, but even if only one person every ten decide to do one of those amazing jobs, then that is the best advert we can offer Guide Dogs.

 

Though a great day, Hub not well in the evening of last night, today I am going to make an appointment for him to see the Doctor. He needs tests I fear urgently.

 

We saw our Son for about fifteen minutes. He came in from work really late, ate his dinner and left to go to his GF’s house.

 

Hub spoke to his brother over the weekend, hopefully we will be seeing him soon. My brother too, my sister in law has been trying to get us together, but by the time she contacts me we have made plans, so I must tell her this weekend coming, we are free at the moment, but if she is busy, we will make plans though I will give them first choice.  We haven’t seen them since the snow fell.

 

Hubs new colleague is working out so well. She’s doing a great job from what I can gather. Another one of his colleagues is being so helpful in training her and showing her how to do certain things. I’m so happy for him.

 

I’m so sad for what is happening in India with the awful floods and deaths. A poor man was on our news he has lost nine members of his family, his wife and children are just some of them. How on earth can he carry on?

 

Gosh, life can be so very cruel at times. A shop my Son used to love and I must say their clothes are really good, called Superdry have given 1 million pounds to the campaigned of Brexit. I mean, there are people starving and people who can’t get treatments because of lack of money and they go and waist money like that? Absolutely shocking and I won’t buy from that brand in principle ever again.

 

So, it’s Monday, the start of a brand-new week. I have Yoga tomorrow and I think I’m out with my friend at the end of the week, but apart from that, no plans right now. Hub is all over the country for four days.  And tomorrow he’s meeting with Little Fella and LF’s puppy walker. This will be the first time LF has seen his puppy walker since he left for big boys’ school to be a fully trained guide dog. So, it’s been about three years. Will he remember his PW? Gosh, I hope so. I hope he will be polite and not show himself up. Haha. Bless their hearts they have a pup of their own and a puppy guide dog, and they still are finding time to come and visit Hub and LF at work. Hubs working from their area this week for a day.

 

LF is very close to his Daddy and I just hope he will be nice to these amazing people. I do have to wonder though, what goes through their minds, the dogs that is. (Am I going back? I remember the pain as I was taken away from you. You used to be my Mummy. I think I know you, but can’t quite put my paw on your names.)

It would be nice if they meet and see each other more often. Even once a year. They have helped to bring up a beautiful life changer, for sure!

 

In the UK, it costs at least £55,000 to raise a guide dog. This includes all vet bills and food as well as all the training they need. My brother is doing something called the Great North Run which is a 13-mile run/walk for Guide Dogs. I wonder how much it costs in your country to train and raise a guide dog?

 

Well I hope you have a lovely day and remember. Listen before speaking. Don’t let fear or insecurity stop you from trying new things, otherwise you will always wonder what if!

 

 

No comments: