translate

Monday 6 August 2018

SEASIDE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. I hope you are all well and relaxed after your weekend? On Saturday Hub and I went to the beach. Somewhere I haven’t been for about fifteen years. I was shocked at how much it had changed. For the worst for sure. So many people, too many people. The noise was so bad it actually hurts my ears. It used to be a beautiful place with narrow lanes and quaint cottages. Traditional shops and so peaceful. Well those narrow lanes still exist but they are now full of people and not cheerful people. OK, we picked one of the hottest days to go and not only on a weekend, but the start of the children’s school holidays. So, we got what should be expected. Hot angry crowds. And dogs everywhere. Poor things were getting stood on and people just weren’t seeing them because they were among so many people. But of course, we are told rightly so, not to ever leave our dogs in the car as they will die. If people are on holiday, what to do with their dogs?

 

At one time you could have a lovely walk take some fish & Chips and have an ice cream along with visiting the old-fashioned sweet shop. Visit a tea room and just take in the wonderful atmosphere. A paradise for artists as it’s so beautiful there. There is a ginormous whalebone acting as an arch and Captain cooks boat. Sounds of the seagulls and the smell of the seaweed as well as the delicious Fish & Chips was lovely, but oh, the people!

 

It was rather funny as everything is on a hill. So, when we went to get our lunch and afterwards a cup of tea, we were sitting on seats that went downhill. Not the most comfortable of seats. So, it was time to find our way back. I knew we had to walk up, but little did I know that up, could be at the other side of the Cliffe. I tell you we walked up over 90 steps I lost count after then. I thought I was going to die as the steps were so narrow and not one step was the same shape. Some moved too. We got to the top, not only were we at the wrong side of the Cliffe, but we were about to go into someone’s garden…. I tell you, by that point I was ready to apologise to whoever lived there and walk right through their garden and to the front of the house hoping it would bring us on the front where we need to be. Haha, knowing me, I would walk in the garden and right past the people who live there as they were enjoying a BBQ. And, fall in the small garden pond. So, I came down a few steps, turned right through narrow paths with shrubs kissing you as you pass them. The heat was intense. A lady came to us and tried to pass. Not a chance love. And there was no way I could move to one side as every side was full of shrubs. She politely waited and I asked her which way was the main street? She said we were completely on the wrong side of the Cliffe. We had to walk all the way down again. All those steps. But part of the way was rickety old steps the other was a very steep hill. I was sure by this point I was going to die. So, what a nice place to go… bye bye earth… it was a mays of winding narrow pathways I am sure to the sighted it would look beautiful. For those who are blind?

 

Thank goodness we survived another tale to tell. All that sea air and exercise you would think I would sleep that night? Nope, I didn’t but I had an adventurous day.

 

Today I went to the town and it was empty I was glad about that, they must all still be at the seaside. Haha.

 

As I sat and had a coffee. I got Waggatail to lay under the table. She was so good, but then a lady came and started to stroke her. And there is a sign saying please do not distract. So, Waggs was up sniffing, I got her down again, she was a good girl no one in the coffee shop would know she was there. Until another lady came with a gent Waggs was meeting and greeting. Up oh, next thing, I got her to lay down. And, guess what? Another lady came along but at least this one aske first if she could say hello. The lady and her Husband who came second, told me they were puppy walkers. Well they should have known better. And once my Waggs gets a little attention, it’s so difficult to calm her down again. She was just looking for other people to come and say hello to her.

 

Back home and housework starts now. our weather is about to change soon from delightful sun and heat to rain and a bit cooler.

 

Until next time, take care.

 

   

 

No comments: