translate

Tuesday 7 August 2018

FIRES FROM GOD BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. I’m sitting in my garden just before I’m off to a friend’s house. Tonight, we are also out for a meal with an old friend Hub went to school with. He’s visiting the area, so he wanted to meet up. Hubs seen him many times over the years but I haven’t seen him since our wedding. We have kept in contact, but not seen one another.

 

The birds are singing, it’s the most beautiful day. I will be so sad to see the end of this summer. We have had about three days of rain in three months. It’s been temperature breaking records for months now. it’s been the kind of weather that one could plan days out.

 

I would dream to live in a country that has this kind of weather most of the year. I do wonder if we will get this again? And, as my dear friend Louise said to me, what kind of winter will we have? Hmm. Good question, I’m totally dreading it though, I really don’t like the winters. I don’t mind them up to Christmas, but after then, I have had enough. I mean, last winter blocked our spring from visiting, we went straight from winter into summer it seemed. So, making the winter so very long. Six months of dark depressing weather isn’t good. Oh, but this is beautiful. Hub and I were talking yesterday about living abroad and it is a beautiful thought, to wake up each day with such wonderful sunshine, though I can’t see it, I can feel it, smell it, yes, the sun has a smell, or at least it makes other things have a smell that all blends into one fragrance called summer!

 

I love the sounds of the birds; how can anyone hear a bird and not feel a kind of peace in their heart? A calmness that you just can’t get from anywhere else.

 

To smell blooms, that sweet smell. It does make you feel better. But to feel dirty rain on one’s face, hair, and to feel the bitter blizzards blasting right through our bones isn’t a good feeling. To worry about stepping outside in fear of slipping. To get to our destination all wet. Hair a mess. Smile.

 

This has been the nicest summer of my life. Hub and I can never remember such weather. The sad things are, all of the fires around the world. I have never known as many certainly not in the UK. And on our news, we hear of all the dreadful fires around the world but oddly it’s not been reported that there has been a huge fire on a mountain in Wales. The awful thing is, years of planting has now all been destroyed.

 

And, how many of those fires across the world have been started deliberately? What kind of maniac does that kind of thing? All those poor animals and even the birds who can fly away, all their food has been destroyed, not to mention people who have been killed and others who have risked their lives to save people and stop the fires.

 

This summer has just shown that fire really is powerful. Army’s can’t even get control of some fires. People run as fast as they can an yet the fire chases and sadly often catches up and devours flesh like the devil himself.

 

Having said that, isn’t it written in the bible about when there are fires, our God will come to earth? I found these scripts. “For behold, the day is coming, burning like an oven, when all the arrogant and all evildoers will be stubble. The day that is coming shall set them ablaze, says the Lord of hosts, so that it will leave them neither root nor branch. Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look at the earth beneath; for the heavens vanish like smoke, the earth will wear out like a garment, and they who dwell in it will die in like manner; but my salvation will be forever, and my righteousness will never be dismayed. “Therefore, wait for me,” declares the Lord, “for the day when I rise up to seize the prey. For my decision is to gather nations, to assemble kingdoms, to pour out upon them my indignation, all my burning anger; for in the fire of my jealousy all the earth shall be consumed.  The earth mourns and withers; the world languishes and withers; the highest people of the earth languish. The earth lies defiled under its inhabitants; for they have transgressed the laws, violated the statutes, broken the everlasting covenant. ...  Blow a trumpet in Zion; sound an alarm on my holy mountain! Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble, for the day of the Lord is coming; it is near, a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and thick darkness! Like blackness there is spread upon the mountains a great and powerful people; they’re like has never been before, nor will be again after them through the years of all generations. Fire devours before them, and behind them a flame burn. The land is like the garden of Eden before them, but behind them a desolate wilderness, and nothing escapes them. Their appearance is like the appearance of horses, and like war horses they run. As with the rumbling of chariots, they leap on the tops of the mountains, like the crackling of a flame of fire devouring the stubble, like a powerful army drawn up for battle.””

 

It's also written. The righteous shall inherit the land and dwell upon it forever.  Well if this is true, I pray it to be, as we really don’t appreciate this beautiful land we have been blessed with. I pray the animals and creatures will be part of the life that will be left. And of course, earth angels, these are good kind people. Fine by me to get rid of all the bad, but sadly I’m not sure so far that has been the case. Innocent people and animals have been killed with fires, and, because there have been so many, is this the prophesies coming true? Is it a warning? Will we take notice? I doubt it.

 

Apparently, we are waiting for a new earth. We don’t need one. We need to wake up and care for this one. We are all to blame but we all can do a little to at least preserve our land for some more years to come? Maybe it’s too late for us as we will die before it ends, but our children may not, our children’s children, and all the animals in the future will suffer because of what we do now.

 

Let’s hope I am so very wrong and our world survives us and continues, as today it’s beautiful here we have a gift.

 

   

    

No comments: