translate

Wednesday 22 August 2018

A BLIND DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Just a little InSite into the world of a blind Fifi. Haha. Yesterday I didn’t know where my Son put our shampoo. He took it from the shower and had a bath. So, I looked around his bath on his sink and shelf and no shampoo. I took a bottle of many from our shelf and washed my hair. It smelled like shampoo. I was too lazy to use my iPhone as it’s a hassle especially late at night. Well, I believe one washed one’s hair in suntan lotion. Bahahaha. Shampoo found now as Boy Wonder confirmed it was, on his bath. Well I looked more carefully. It was right next to the taps. I never imagined it would be there. Our taps are in the middle of our bath. There is a tiny thin gap to put things on. Our shampoo bottle is large. So, I presumed wrongly that the bottle would be put where there is a lot of space… nope…. Well hair washed round two. I never know what colour my hair is, I know all of my life it goes dark blonde in winter and light in summer. But how light? Well friends have been saying of late its sun kissed blonde. Okay, what colour is sun kissed? So, the sun has shone on the riches? Hehehehe

Well, at least kissed me!

 

I have made a lunch for BW coming home from work. He started at 5 this morning so is due in at half one. I have to say, if he eats it, I will be surprised. It looks awful. Remember I don’t see. So, how can I tell what something looks like? Hmm. Good question. Have you ever had to ask yourself a question and you are then not sure how to answer yourself? Yeah, em, well. I put a BBQ sauce on it. And I hate that stuff. I find it totally revolting. And because there weren’t many noodles in one packet, I opened another kind. And I had cabbage and baby sprouts left over from dinner last night as BW didn’t want a dinner he’s just not into dinners these days he’s into everything fried… something he has never had in his life. so, I was determined he was going to get his greens, so there they are in the pan. With mushrooms onions and Tofu. And the tofu is smoked. I can’t stand smoked food either, so I hope it’s the smell that I am not enjoying for him. I have not tasted it.

 

My grocery shopping is due. And I have about four loads of washing to do. I try to keep on top of the washing as there is nothing more daunting that a full overflowing basket of clothes trying to wonder what is white, coloureds and pastels. My Son, he does his own washing and everything goes… Black jeans with white shirts. I die with shame but he says his clothes are immaculate. I really hope so

 

See I wouldn’t know if Hubs white shirts for work were grey or had red die on them from red clothes so I wouldn’t dare… plus I like thinking I can still do such a dreadful task. And it is dreadful and getting harder as I am so quickly forgetting what colours look like and forgetting what clothes feel like I used to buy Hubs shirts with different textures so I knew the difference but now they all but one, feel the same.

 

Remember the lip stain I was telling you about the other day?  I said I hated it. Because it was like a paintbrush with water. Well our Blogget and my friend Carrie-Ann from Canada, told me she loves her stains…. As in lips. Haha. But hers is more like a solid lipstick. If it was that, I, wouldn’t have minded but this you put on and it starts to drip down your face, it’s totally gross. When I put it on I asked my Son what he thought, at first, he said it was fine, but then he said I don’t have any on my bottom lip. Well I know I put some on. So, I did it again, bless him you may remember he rather likes to put make up on me and do my hair, I love him when he does that, though he has to remember he’s not at the gym lifting weights as he’s far from gentle. Anyway, he had a go and he said. “Mum, to be honest, it’s rubbish. And that is Clarins. So, not cheap. And Clarins I love all their products I have tried before, but their water lip stain is a definite no.

 

I have some on line work to do this afternoon for someone. Working out finances for them. So, I guess I should go for now try to clear my mind of nonchalant thoughts and move to the next stage of my day. I will miss you in the meanwhile so be back later with news on how Hubs Little Fella got on with his Puppy  Walker.

 

No comments: