translate

Wednesday 22 August 2018

THE REAL MARIGOLD HOTEL BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Well, this blog will make you smile, yep, at my expense. Haha.

Hello to Kosovo, Aruba, Belgium, Egypt, Ireland, Turkey, Germany, US, UK, Spain, hi Spain, it’s been a while since you showed up on the stats, great to have you back, maybe you have been coming back but haven’t showed up on my statistics. Canada, Norway, India, Germany and the Netherlands. Throughout the day I have been checking the stats, so I got the top ten readers and when I refreshed, other countries came up. Great to have you here.

 

A very happy birthday to PJ. I hope you have had a great day. And a very big congratulations to Laura and Ian on your wedding!

 

Isn’t it funny when you are a child you can’t wait for your birthday, but as an adult you would rather forget it? And when you get married, you think the first year is the most exciting an yet it’s probably the most challenging. Especially if you haven’t lived together beforehand.

 

Hub and I have been watching our favourite series on BBC 1 tonight. It’s called The Real Marigold Hotel. After the movie but this is real famous people, well, people who used to be popular… They are now pensioners, so have been off our TV for some years . It’s to see if they could live in India. It follows their lives in India for five weeks. Most of them haven’t met before hand, but get to know one another throughout the show. We absolutely love it. I love the wonderful Indian people, though in this series, the noise in the streets/roads was just too much. In previous shows, it’s been quite peaceful apart from may be one week where it shows the noise of India. As tonight’s show took some of the well-known faces and in our case, voices by taxi, one of them joked and said in the movies, they say as they get into a taxi. “Follow that car but in India, it’s followed that cow!””

Just then the camera obviously went onto show what we as those who can’t see, heard… or, herd…. The sound of a cow mooing.

For English students, to hear something, is heard, h, e,  a, r, d

A group of cows is pronounced the same but you spell it h e r d

  

The program is a real escape from our lives. In previous series, they have had all good people but added someone controversial to in my opinion, spoil the mood. But this year, all of the people got on well and as I said to Hub, most reality shows in our country have to have some kind of bad behaviour or nasty bitchy words, but this year we have watched this program with peace in our hearts. Why do we have to have controversy? They put an actress in the series who I thought was going to be a real madam, but it turned out though she came across as quite rude at times, was actually nice. And got on so well with all the celebrities. I did wonder if the makers of the show were disappointed by this? As most shows now, days sadly have to have some grit in it, as that is what we are programmed to like now. and that is a real shame.  If there was kinder programs or words on our TV, then I am sure people like sheep would copy what they see. I wish we could go back to the innocent days. I mean Hub and I were watching a so-called comedian and he said three swear words before the so called 9 o clock watershed. This was a cut off time set out as law some years ago but sadly we in the UK seemed to have just let that go. It’s where you are not supposed to hear or see anything that could be considered offensive before nine in the evening… Well, by 8 0 7, three words on BBC 1, were used that were not appropriate in my opinion…

 

Every program now has to have swearing, sex, violence. Why? Why can’t we go back to the days when nice people were portrayed? If my dear Mum could see what is on our screens now days, she would be so very shocked. She never swore and my Dad was far from violent. He was a true English Gent. And so soft by nature.

Anyway, here is a link to a clip from the series.


 

Hub is travelling four hours again tomorrow. For a four-hour meeting and sadly next week he’s staying away overnight. We have a long weekend before that though, in England, it’s bank holiday Monday, so, we are all off work on Monday. Well, some of us, I’m sure there are still people who work on that day, if it hadn’t been my Sons day off work, he would have been working.

 

My friend from India and one of our Bloggets, sent me a message today telling me he was on holiday, it was some kind of Muslim holiday in India, he isn’t a Muslim, so I found it interesting that even those who are not from that religion, have a holiday too! But then I thought. Hang on, we have four Bank Holiday’s per year in England, and non of  our household family members, work in a bank. Haha.

 

In my last blog I was telling you I had cooked my Son a noodle dish. And, I really wasn’t feeling it. It wasn’t my cup of tea. As we say here. Or, my kind of food for sure as it had BBQ sauce and I hate that and the tofu I used was smoked, again, I’m so not a fan of smoked food. Well my Son absolutely loved it. But, I was keeping a small dishf or him for his supper and as I turned to clean the work tops, I knocked the dish over. It went everywhere. All that sauce too… thankfully the big amount was still in the pan, it was the small dish that went all over… Well some of us have a Dyson vacuum. I have a Waggson vacuum!

Yes, Waggatail was allowed in the kitchen to do her stuff… Noodles gone in a second. Sauce enjoyed all off the floor. Then she was sent on her way, I didn’t put her in the cupboard like a Dyson, then out came all the wet wipes, paper towels and vacuum just to make sure it was all up. And it was, as if my dog would let me down? Then the mop with disinfectant so my floor was sparkling…. Oh, well, if only it was just, on my floor? Nope, it hit the work top too. And underneath everything on my tops. I cleaned that up, then I remembered that if you spill something on a work top, it will drip into drawers or cupboards…. And that thought didn’t let me down either. I had to take everything out and clean clean clean… then do all the floor again. I have a large glass work top saver. Can you believe the noodles got under that? How? It’s so flat on the kitchen top. Oh, talking of kitchens. Well, OK, not blind cooks, moving on from that, days ago I noticed out of my very expensive posh knife block, which by the way I got half price in a sale, there was a knife missing, scary. Okay, the day before I told my Son I was getting rid of it as he was using it… “Mum, if it’s not there to use, what is the point of it?””

Me, it looks good.

BW. “Mum, seriously, that’s not normal.””

Me. Since when have you known me be normal?

Well, I left the room before he got chance to answer.

 

Hub was annoyed that the knife was missing. Why, I asked, trying to take the edge off the atmosphere? Seriously, you could have cut it with a knife…

His tongue was sharp….

 

I continued. You said the other day, you were going to bin the whole thing as you were worried about BW cutting himself. He replied. Yes, but where is the missing knife? Well, we all looked. No knife. As I said, BW is the only one who uses that block. We use the old one which isn’t half as sharp as the posh one… I am amazed you can get away with selling such weapons…

 

Fast forward five days…. Hub found the knife. Thank goodness not on the floor somewhere, or on the sofa… or in BW’s bedroom, where we did wonder…. So, guess where it was? Go on, guess?

I shall give you some clues. We checked every cupboard, drawer and kitchen pot. Lifted everything up from the work tops and put back. Checked everywhere behind the microwave lifting that up, good time to clean under there. Even under the cooker on the floor. The fridge. And I stopped when it came to the freezer, I even checked the oven. Windowsill. Nowhere, but we found it…

One last chance, guess where it was? No, not the dishwasher, but…. ….. …..

Only the piggin knife block!

 

Okay, you are now all thinking I’m either mad or I have proven to you all I’m officially blind…. Well as is our Son then…. We felt the missing space. I was cleaning it and I get the cloth in the sections and there was a knife missing from one of the sections…. Very nice, Fifi, well, why not check out if there could be two knives in one hole?

Hehehehehehehehehe.

Yep, there was. Oh, my goodness….

And on that note, if you think you are a cut above the rest, drop me an email and I shall have a laugh with you…

See yet tomorrow!

 

 

No comments: