translate

Wednesday 1 August 2018

DESTINY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


To Dear William. We spoke of ditches that we have fallen down an yet we manage to climb back out from them. But why are the ditches put there, time and time again. We share a pattern in life where we have both gone through such a lot, an yet you are one of the nicest people I know of. And you always say lovely things about me. I guess I can conclude we are the good guys. If so, why do we keep coming across those blooming undulating roads?

 

Why is it that some people seem to go through life eating cream cakes, never put weight on, they swear but get lovely words said back to them, they get bills but win money. They never have any health issues or tragedy in their life, though they cause great pain among others. And then there are kind people who well, just keep falling into those holes!

 

As I have written before, I will never understand our maker. And there are days of late when I have really struggled with the fact that another being or energy can help us change our life, answer our requests, but then I experience an angelic presence, or a calm moment in time or I meet with someone who is just so caring. And then I have to look deep within and say, yeah, I have always believed in something, I just don’t know what.

 

I have also always written that I believe our lives are mapped out for us. My Husband and I were meant to be together. It was our destiny. He says it all the time too. How we met up again after all those years and I only learned just how much he loved me when we were adults. As children, I knew there was something from him to me I just didn’t understand what. I also knew I loved him. From a tiny little girl, but then 28 years apart, broke our hearts but together we remained in the map of life. we just went off the road a little when we were kids. We had a different pathway to take for a while, whether we got lost, or we were just stubborn, and had to find our own way, I don’t know, in reality, we had no choice. It was in Germany when we had to face the fact we were going to have to part. Both different schools at different locations. Miles apart. No mobile phones in those days, no lap tops or technology to make our computers talk. He communicated in Braille, me print. Kind of didn’t go together, especially in those days before the tech or apps we have now.

 

He said he never stopped thinking about me and even went as far as to try to find me when he was in his early twenties. I never forgot him, but never ever thought all those years later, we would end up married and now together forever. We have some making up to do. Whoever, what ever pulled us together, whoever gave me the strength to type those words when I saw or heard in my case, his contact details, whoever made him read that email at that time, and whatever it was that lit up inside of me, woke everything that had been asleep for so long, in fact almost my entire life, who was it, what was it?

 

The energy I felt at that time, when I needed it, was so strong, it wasn’t anything that comes from the land I know of as earth.

 

The electric was similar to what I experienced when we were both eleven. I remember the day so well.

 

We were in a school play, he had to sing a song, just as I put a cloak around his shoulders. As I stood on the stage I can remember the feelings I had. I thought I was going to die. The butterflies in my stomach. I remember thinking, how on earth can I feel like this? Why do I feel like this? What am I to do right now? I was shocked as everyone watching our performance, must be able to see my face, hear the butterflies in my stomach, recognise that I was about to pass out. As I couldn’t breathe. He put a spell on me. Or did he? Who was it? What was it?

 

Many years later we spoke of our days in that dreadful most horrid place that was called boarding school, and Hub told me how he would go to my coat on the clothes peg outside of the gym and just touch my coat, just to be close to me. He would wait for me coming to class. If one day I wasn’t there, he was so upset. I spent a lot of time in awful life changing hospitals and hardly attended school sadly. Though of course I hated it, I needed the education. More than I needed to see for those extra years that Russian treatment gave me. But such is life and no one was to know back then, my parents did their best and I shall love them forever and a day for that. There is no rule book as a parent, gosh I know that too well.

 

  So yes, I have been to hell and I have returned having met with angels as I left that dark ditch, but now though life can be challenging, I have to believe that I am here for a reason, and that reason is written in the smiles my Husband shows me each day. Our heart beats in time with the rhythm of life. or at least the beat of the drum that our maker is playing for us to find him and learn of the answers. Along the way we go and hand in hand I can tell you all to hang in there and you will get on your very own path. If a route is in front of you take it, even if you don’t want to. Because sometimes there is something, someone out there who knows best, something that is so strong and powerful, we need to go with the wind and glide on that cloud.

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

 

No comments: