translate

Tuesday 14 August 2018

MAMMA MIA HERE WE GO AGAIN BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Well as the neighbours all made their own way there, my friend and I walked to the cinema. She’s a great person. The kind of person who will always be there for me and I will for her. I wish we saw more of each other but sadly she works almost every day of the week. We had a lovely chat and the threat of rain was that, a threat!

 

Earlier in the day I went to book my earphones and transistor set so I could receive audio during the performance of the film. I didn’t want to be a bother to the other girls keeping them waiting. Well on one hand though the man told me he would make sure that if I came to the same studio, a set will be waiting for me, of course I got there and it wasn’t, so, I had the other hand. I was with my friend and she is so nice she really didn’t mind. I don’t think I have met her liken. She is genuinely really so nice and has a way about her that just gets me. She doesn’t even realise her quality. I was touched by her presence and grateful that she was there.

 

Now, the movie? Mamma Mia here we go again… The lead actress who plays the young girl has an amazing voice. And I fell in love with the guy in the boat, I think his name was Bill. Or, is Bill. That’s in the film.

 

 Obviously, I can’t see so what he looked like, who knows, but one gets the feeling that the actors were not picked for their acting skills.

  

They put the corn into corny. The music was great. I loved going. I wish we could do that more often. My poor Pub quiz pal was in tears at the end. I was still on the cob with the corn so it was difficult for me to get emotionally involved.

 

Just a hint for those of you in the UK. If you go to the Cinema, get the little transistor It’s the size of a box of matches. You can take your own earphones as long as they have a jack… I can tell you yours I’m sure will be better than theirs. It’s difficult to hear from theirs as the quality is so bad.

 

Anyway, I loved doing something different and at least I got time with my friend as well as talking to one of the girls who is at University at the moment. There were three young girls in our party and one of them is so chatty. Friendly. A nice girl who is so clever, in fact all three girls are hyper intelligent. The age range was mixed last night. From seventeen to 60.

 

So, in celebration of the film, cooking corn. Smile. There are a few different ways to cook it. How do you do it? Some cook it in the oven. Heat oven mash butter, garlic and parsley with seasoning. Put four pieces of foil large enough to hold a cob.   Place cob on foil and pour over butter mash then seal to form parcels and cook in oven or BBQ for 35 minutes.

Some people boil the cob with a cup of milk and a stick of butter. Some bring to the boil some lemon juice and sugar then drop the corn into the pot and steam. Some like me boil the water adding some salt then carefully drop the corn into the pan put the lid on and cook for about 10 minutes on a gentle cook. Drain and add butter and pepper. Or, you can open a can. Smile.

 

So, what’s in our news today?

Well my thoughts go out to Italy. A real tragedy today with the collapse of the bridge in Genoa.

   And London Westminster. An idiot once again has crashed into people. Sadly, the thing that was driving the car isn’t dead. But the Police have him. I hope they make his life hell.

 

Paris installs outdoor urinals and locals are furious. Well whatever next? I mean, who wants to see a group of men peeing against a wall with a hole? Gross. Come on France, you are classier than that.

 

Number of migrants working in the UK, has fallen by 86 thousand. And unemployment is at an all time low in forty years. Well, I call that a result.

 

Now this is big brother. Google tracks users who turn off location history.

Wow.

 

Archaeologists have discovered a rare 200 million flying reptile…

A woman 21 has become the youngest person ever to receive a full-face transplant.

I hope she doesn’t end up looking like Cher?

Vaping can damage vital immune system cells.

Scary alert. Babies in prams are exposed to 60 per cent more pollution than adults.

 

I also say think about guide dogs. They are so low to the ground. They walk low among cars etc.

 

OK, on that note, I shall go for now but stay safe and God bless Italy.
   

 

No comments: