translate

Sunday 30 July 2017

DIARY OF OUR WEEKEND MEMORIES BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good morning Bloggets. Hub and I are smiling because our gardener has arrived. He is so sweet and we asked him to cut the nasty spikes or thorns that are coming through our fence from next doors dreadful Pyracantha. Well we thought a snip here and a snip there. Oh no, not our guy, it’s like a motorbike has got lost and found itself in our back yard. It’s a petrol machine. Fantastic, that will sort them out. I kind of cringed as the people are in their garden now as he cuts. He doesn’t care, he is so funny rock hard on the outside but I am sure has a heart of gold. He is from the same organisation as my ex worked at and they produce what we call grafters. Hard workers. Having said that, typical, it’s started to rain now. So not sure how much will get done today.

 

Yesterday I baked a quiche and some cheese scones. There are no scones left and as for the quiche, haha. I think there may be three slices. My Son loves it when I bake, he has gone to work today, reluctantly, why? Laters. I did his lunch. He has been eating only healthy food for weeks so I thought I would treat him. I put in his pack a slice of quiche, a cheese scone, two Mediterranean tuna wraps I made and small slice of homemade Pizza.

 

So, why was he not keen to go to work? Oh boy, yesterday he did his Mud race. It has a proper name but I can’t remember what it is called something to do with mud. I’m delighted to say that it was boys only and Shamrock worked so he was allowed to have a kind of boy’s day out. He did the gruelling tasks and completed it all. 13 miles. He loved it. They are all going again next year. He came home and got changed to go out for an Indian meal with the lads. He wasn’t out too long and the lads went onto have a drink but BW came home early, with Sham who kindly met him in town and drove him home. So, he was in for half nine.

 

He can hardly walk today. He wanted to ring in sick. Cruel Mummy put that look of disappointment on her face. He can read me like a book. I said there may be a day when you are really ill, this illness is self-inflicted. Bless I do feel bad, but he has gone in and I’m very proud of him but I don’t think he is very happy with me. But I know it’s a lesson for him and in the long run he will feel better by doing so. I said even if you come home half day at least you have tried. But todays shift isn’t too late though he has the responsibility of closing which to be honest is a micky take. They better start to show their gratitude soon and give him the money he deserves for all of the responsibility they are putting onto him. Right now, they are paying him pennies and getting him to open, close and with that comes all the paperwork, and making sure staff are doing what they should be as well as locking and securing everything up and making sure health and safety is all in order.

 

Yesterday my dog walking lady came. She is so kind to the dogs. And so responsible. She is an angel. I also got a new handy man. He came and hung some decorative plates up for me as well as a horseshoe outside for luck. Hmm. Still didn’t win the Lottery yesterday. He has dug a hole in our patio as well for the new washing line to go into. Fantastic. My first washing line in our house. Now I just need good weather. So, some great help of late which makes our life so much easier. But it has took forever to get these people. We have sorted out the rubbish and now have been left with I hope just people who want to work. I was talking with our neighbour yesterday and she was saying too that she has been trying to get people to do work for her for ages and no luck. Another friend asked for the number of the joiner we knew, obviously, I didn’t pass that one onto her, but I did give her the number of a joiner/cabinet maker we found through my friend Arty.

 

My Waggatail thinks she is going on a free run today, but she aint. I’m not even sure we will be going out today, so I think play time in the backyard and grooming is in store for our dogs.

 

Dinner tonight, I may make a steak casserole for the boys. For me, not sure.

 

Hub is listening to the radio there is cricket on. Gosh, how can anyone listen to that? I love it when we are at our friend’s house and we can hear it live from the field behind her house, it’s so English and peaceful. But on the radio? Yawn, double yawn. Hub loves his sport.

 

Twenty minutes later, our guy is still revving his machine up outside. Heck, what will be left? Will our neighbours come around and complain? Well, thankfully it’s not our lovely neighbour Julie, we don’t know this one. Smile. We may be meeting up with them soon though. Our gardener said he has chopped their pear tree too. He said it was 15 feet tall. How will they reach their pears? Haha.

 

Hub and I were reminiscing about his parents last night he was telling me funny stories about them. I remember when I first went to their house I have written about this before, it was the quintessential English country house. As I got out of the car I heard hen’s chickens in the back garden of next door. The birds sang beautiful country songs and the smells in my parent in laws gardens were amazing. That was the day I met with the twins, Hubs brothers too. Oh, and another person… Hmm. Well at the time I thought she was going to be OK. But we live and learn. But the rest of them were great. What a fantastic memory I have of that day. I so miss my Mother in law.

 

OK it’s gone quiet out there I best go and offer a cup of tea to our guy. I hope your weekend has been one full of kindness and more than one person has thought of you. If not, well at least one person has, me. With love.

   

No comments: