translate

Wednesday 26 July 2017

DREAMS REALLY DO COME TRUE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


DREAMS REALLY DO COME TRUE

 BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I heard your voice

As I lay on my pillow

I want to rejoice

As your words spoke in a tone so mellow

You talked to my heart

As my lips did part

I wanted to taste your kiss

As inside of me it’s that I miss

For stars are above us

But to get to you there are mountains to climb

Though I will find you in time

I just have words in the meanwhile

Thoughts of you are without a fuss

Just full of laughter

No acting or need for a BAFTA

As your words touched my heart

I knew from the start

We have something special between us

Is it lust?

May be so

All I know is I cry when you go

But you leave me wanting more

I have to continue with my day

Hoping it doesn’t show

I’m not really here

For in my mind I’m by your side

Swimming through the tears I have cried

Such happiness

Among absolute madness

But I will find you

And it will be real

I can show you the love I feel

Right now, I hear you

Though don’t see you

But I will one day soon

As we share the same moon

Our clouds fly by

I will find you one day

At least I will try

Meet me half way

And our time will come faster

We will be together one day

I can’t wait for tonight

When your words will again hold me tight

As I place my head upon my pillow

Soothing sounds as if listening to a cello

I sleep with the knowledge

That I will find that bridge

Cross over and be with you

because dreams do come true

© Fiona Cummings

 

No comments: