translate

Wednesday 26 July 2017

NONONO DON'T SEND IT BY FIONA CUMMINGS


A beautiful Blogget said to me yesterday, I remind him of Erma Bombeck. Well, is this good or bad? I have also been told I sometimes write like Charles Dickens. That’s easy, I know who that is, but this lady? So, I looked her up and learned of some quotes she has said and written, one rang a bell, a couple of years ago another Blogget told me about this lady too and said my writing reminds them of her. I looked her up then but shame on me forgot her name, only today when I was reminded of her did I think back and recognise these quotes that I wrote down two years ago when I first learned of her name. Here are her quotes and to follow is another very interesting story about my past coming back at me.

  Never go to a Doctor’s office whose plants have died.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say. I used everything you gave me

Dreams have only one owner at a time. That’s why dreamers are lonely.

My favourite of all. “Don’t confuse fame with success. Madonna is one; Hellen Keller is the other.

 

So, my Son came home from work. He brought his Dad some goodies to eat. Hub sat there with a huge bag of food he likes. We won’t talk of the calories. We also won’t talk about not going into the gym, garage tonight either as our pathetic attempt yesterday only lasted 15 minutes. But hey, build it up, right? Hmm. It would be a good idea if we could do at least two nights in a row, smile. Anyway, wait for this quinky dinky story.

 

I moved from a house where my Son grew up for the first eight years of his life. We were the only people to have sold our house in that street that year. My neighbour came to see me and said she almost had a fit when she looked out of her bedroom window knowing the new neighbours had moved into our house, but not knowing anything about them, she was shocked to see the two of them, man and woman, laying flowers at a stone and on the stone said rest in peace, Fiona….

Spooky number one.

She later learned no, they hadn’t buried me, I was alive and semi well. But wait for this one. The man was previously married She sadly died of cancer. She was called Fiona, a Scottish name. Bear with, it’s relevant. Honest. After the wife died, her (Sister) got close to her Brother in law. (Sister who died Husband)

 They ended up marrying. And bought my house. All quite okay so far, right? Now, spooky number two.

 

A lady came into my Sons place of work yesterday and recognised his Geordie accent. She asked him where he was from. He told her, turns out, she, moved into our street the same year we moved out, and she is Scottish. Now I’m not Scottish but my name is. Was her sister Scottish, her Sister Fiona? Was it the same people who bought our house? If so, now we both live over an hour and a half away. So, moving to the same area how weird is that?  Talk about a small world! Same as the writer above, how someone else said I write like her two years ago and yesterday another person thought the same.

 

Many years ago, I did a course at college and we spoke much about the mind and how it works but one thing the tutor said to us was we are all linked with an invisible bit of thread. I think this is how we get that feeling of Déjà vu

 

Today it’s pouring with rain. I have spent a lovely time talking with my friend. He’s a fantastic guy and gives me peace in my heart. 

 

I’m going to attempt a chicken dish today. Not sure what I, am going to have. I did a really stupid thing this week. I forgot to buy vegetables. How can I do that? I did buy some pea pods. Yummy, I love them, but Hub and I just eat them from the pod, I don’t cook them. I have mushrooms and onions, garlic and peppers to go in the chicken dish today and some spices. I will do noodles with them. But no cabbage this week or carrots, how did I do that?

 

Last night flew by, Hub was an hour later in from work and Shamrock came so the night went so fast. She is taking her Mum shopping today. That’s a nice thing for her to do. I think she does it a lot.

 

I’m super excited for my Son to go to this crazy 13-mile race. Afterwards he is going out with his pals for a curry and a drink. It’s been too long since he has had a day with the lads. Sham was going, but now she is working, so I’m glad he is with the lads only, she would have been bored too, as she wouldn’t be allowed to go around. Gosh she has put in the hours at work this week. But today she is off.

 

So, the gentle rain is making rhythmic beats on my window. The gardens are smelling lovely. There is nothing as beautiful as rain on grass. Our street has been so quiet all week I am wondering if they are on holiday? But why, as none of them have children, so why would they pick a holiday in the most expensive time?  Normally the sounds of them all doing their gardens is so loud and they chat away to each other. We live in a very friendly avenue of all sorts.

 

My excitement today is waiting in for a bin. Haha. Oh, the life I lead is no one’s business. Apart from you all.

 

And thank you all, our blog page has reached over 200,10,000 views now.

 

The sweet lady from America my lovely friend and our Blogget and I were writing to each other last night. We were talking about texts we have sent using audio. Oh my, we between us have sent some very interesting messages. She told me a funny one about her texting her daughter. She spoke into the phone and pressed send. Only to learn rather than saying

“We are going to a neighbor to have aperitifs.””

She had written.

“We are going to the neighbors to get a pair of teeth.”” I can only imagine what her daughter thought at the time.

 

I told her I sent my friend a text talking about Neil the joiner. She wrote back and asked me. Fiona, is that really his surname? Wondering what she was talking about, I looked at my text I had audio messaged to her. It in fact read.

“Neil Vagina.””

 I sent my Son a text using audio again and I wanted to say. Hello Sweetheart. He wrote back asking me. Mum, why did you call me that? I looked at what my iPhone thought I had said.

Hello retard.

I guess the lesson is to always read what you have said even written especially if you use prodictive texts.

 

I hope I have put a smile upon your chops today. () Take care cos I care. X

 

 

No comments: