translate

Friday 7 July 2017

DIARY OF TODAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Well after an afternoon with sun blazing through the doors, a hint of air coming through the open windows, as if a fly has gone, well, flying by, and my dryer on that is like a furnace, tackling my ironing pile, my friend text to say she was coming over. As I was glad of the relief of the heat to stop for a break, I flew, like that fly, or perhaps a little faster, as I do just like a sighted person would run down the stairs, or does someone not run down stairs when they are forty plus V A T? Well, I did. And, I forgot I committed the crime of the rulebook for the blind, I left something on the stairs to take up next time I went. Hmm. I have been up the stairs at least four times already today,

Each time missing what I was to take up. Thank goodness, I do have some sense. The sense to always hold onto the banister.

 

Oh, it’s a dreadful feeling when you know you are falling. Nothing can stop you. Everything seems to go slow.

“This is going to hurt, am I going to bang my head, will I lay there for hours before someone comes home to find me? Will I damage my spine? Am I going to break my arm? Will I be able to walk tomorrow?””

 

Well, I got up, that’s always a good sign, then the pain hit me. My arm and back hip and leg killed. My dog came running bless her. I’m sure she was looking at me as if to say.

“Mother, for God’s sake. I can’t leave you for a minute.””

 

I hope I am OK for tomorrow, a day in agony miles away from home, won’t be good. The worst pain is my ribs. Yep, they are under there somewhere. Hub says I may have pulled a muscle. I wasn’t aware I had any to pull.

 

Dinner made for the family. Roast potatoes, chicken Kiev, carrots and sweetcorn. Me, nothing, I haven’t had any meals for days. Just not been up for them. Bad, isn’t it?

 

Great news, we now have a beautiful cabinet. Remember the joiner who kind of fitted our kitchen was going to make us one? Well after weeks of shopping online, we have found one, one, that will fit in the space we have. I have looked on line at every single business going. Even contacted cabinet makers. We got the number from my friend who knows a joiner who has worked for her and he was going to do us one but he can’t for three months. So, that would mean three months with all of our crystal all over the office. So, we found a place, and I can tell you, we have had stress over this. It is a long and boring story, the company are called (Furniture 123) We have bought from them before, but last time we had no bother. This time? They lost our order. I didn’t know that all they are is an agency who basically buy from other companies and they act as the go between. So, they said they couldn’t track our cabinet, because it wasn’t coming from them. I asked for the phone number to see if I can phone them direct and ask where my item was? They said no, they can’t do that. Well it should have come within seven days.

 

Three and a half weeks later, it arrived this morning. And it’s fine, solid wood too which is what we wanted.

 

As I write this, our neighbours sound like they are playing golf.

In their front garden…

 We don’t live in America; our front gardens would be the equivalent to a boarder in America. And I’m not talking about the border between America and Mexico. But a flower boarder. By the way, I read that the boarder in-between Mexico and the US, is an International boarder. About three hundred and fifty legal crossings occur annually.  It is the most frequently crossed boarder in the world, and it spans 6 Mexican states and four US states.

 

Another insight into the mind of Fifi. Seriously, it’s all over the place. Smile. Oh, now I can hear our resident parrot I love to hear him. Right, I shall go now to clear up after dinner, then relax as really, I don’t feel good and I think I’m getting worse. How can my ribs hurt so much? I fell on my back. I guess it was on the stairs so has a stair gone through my back to my ribs? Haha, oh, before I go, I knew there was something else I had to tell you. Remember we know the way to our hairdressers in our city? Well to my sadness, I learned that my regular hairdresser has left. I heard that he has gone to another hairdresser but where? No one would tell me as it’s another business like theirs. So, detective Fifi found him today, well, same name, haha, will it be him? Next weekend we will find out. But it will be an adventure because it’s a totally new place out of our comfort zone to try to find. So, a blog for sure, I just hope we will find it and it won’t be too dangerous. Later gators.

   

 

 

No comments: