translate

Friday 14 July 2017

LOVE IS BLIND BY FIONA CUMMINGS


LOVE IS BLIND

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 You excite me with your voice

Your words flirt with my questions

 A conversation which I rejoice

Your answers are so kind

In real life, we hadn’t connected

But our hearts are side by side

 Butterflies dance

I want to take a chance

then at least I tried

as you came closer that day

I never wanted you to go away

Your eyes couldn’t see me

Nor mine yours

But from that moment we just open doors

We are together

Stronger we become

Never too far from each other

Your trembling fingertips touched my face

What did you see?

I knew you belonged to me

Never had I been touched in such a way

I wanted you more and more from that day

As you came even closer our lips met

My heart flew around my body

Like a jet

Butterflies came aboard

And we flew to the stars

My insides screamed yes

Whilst the world thought we’d end up a mess

But we did that day caress

And history is the rest

I’m now with the best

Whilst we can’t see one another across a room

I know you are there

I feel your love in a way

That I just want to share

Like those with sight

 My eyes fill with joyful tears

You just excite

And wipe away my fears

When I feel your hand in mine

Our hearts entwine

It’s as if I see with my fingertips

Each part of your hand

Warms my soul

As one, I’m the flame, you’re the coal

I can’t explain it really

 Only I feel whole

I love you to the moon

Around the stars too

Up the highest mountain

And across an ocean blue

Though vision we do not have

No one can say we don’t love

For you are my sweetheart

And I pray we will never part

I don’t see you through my eyes

But I feel you through my mind

Soul, and body

I know our love is kind

So, we don’t have vision

But our connection was on a mission

And we found each other in the end

And in you I have my best friend

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

No comments: