translate

Tuesday 18 July 2017

A PLACE IN THE SON BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 
Good afternoon Bloggets.

My sweet friend and our Blogget has just messaged me. He’s from India and is now in Thailand messaging me in England. Technology. I sometimes love it. I am so happy when you are happy. Especially lovely people like him. He is swimming today, oh how wonderful. My friend JB has a house in our Capital and one in beautiful Northumberland my homeland. She has a huge garden. She loves to swim and I said the last time we were together she could build a swimming pool in her back garden. Gosh, if I had her house I would. Even if she had to sell her house in London and buy a smaller property. Hub said last night when we are old and wrinkly. Haha. It would be a dream to buy a property with a garden big enough to have a pool. It would have to be indoor of course but if I get my wish, we would live abroad so it could be outdoor. I would love to live in a place all of my friends lived too so we could be together. And help each other. Just be there every day to chill and make each other’s lives better. But have our own houses to live a normal life too. I miss my friends, we don’t see one another enough. Still pondering about a reunion my heart wants to go to in September. My Husband said go, he will come too, but Still thinking.

 

Right now, I’m outside enjoying this glorious summer we are having. Apart from the dreadful cars flying by on the motorway outside our house, birds sing despite the engines. I’m sitting in the shade. It’s so warm. My dog has spent the past ten minutes sorting out our recycling bin. Bringing out all she likes to play with. A plastic bottle. The final straw was a can, oh, yes, that makes a lovely sound Wagga. I removed the bottle in case she cuts her mouth as they can get sharp. As for the can? I don’t have a clue where that is. She did try to give me it to throw for her, but when I said naughty, she ran off with it. Then brought a burst ball and placed that on my knee. The ball was thrown in by a child. With two dogs, not a good idea. I don’t know what has got into my dog of late, but she has gone from the rather calm dog, to a crazy hyper thing. I am wondering if her dog food has changed? Not as far as I know, as it’s the same brand, but really even the Little Fella,after a really busy working day on Saturday, then Sunday over an hour of free running, both of them were wanting to play.  Normally my Waggs would take a week to recover from such a weekend. I need her energy.

 

I have classic FM on and so far, I’m not impressed. We have had Ave Satani, the tune from the Omen, lovely, and this dreadful tune playing now, I think it is Wolfgang Amadeus! I’m waiting for something like Adagio for strings. Something that will relax me into writing poetry for summer weddings as I have three to do over the next ten days.

 

Why can’t I have a house in the south of France, or by a beautiful lake in Italy, perhaps as I sip on freshly squeezed juice looking over craggy mountains, or verdant hills in Tuscany? Rather than sitting in a back yard, surrounded by dead plantation with noisy cars and vans passing and the fragrance of our lovely dog run that is cleaned daily but only takes one dog to relax there and oh my. Suddenly an imagination is required and I have one, good job, just sometimes the above would make writing so much more beautiful for me.

 

My Son today has gone out to I think, the beach. Lucky thing. It’s not long before his competition for work, in the whole country, he is one of 16 to be chosen. I am sure he won’t win as he has only been at his current place of work for ten months and the other applicants or entries have on average been working there for five years plus. But to be entered is a good thing and it’s something he can do on his own without a certain person being involved. I wish he would spend time with his friends but sadly he always puts all of his eggs into one basket. He is doing something called mud Mother or something like that, to be honest, it sounds like hell but at the same time really good fun. His girlfriend is driving him. Odd really, as he has a car.

 

He is doing it with all the other lads he knows and should be training with them, but right now, he is training his girlfriend. To have a fitter figure I imagine for their next holiday in October where they will take their forth holiday of the year. The Caribbean is their next place to visit.

 

Well I have spent enough time out here, though I could write all day to you but I have to go in soon and prepare dinner. Before I shall try to write a poem so at least I can say I have done some proper writing work today, whereas writing to you isn’t really work, is it? More like chatting to you all.

 

Thank you for your emails. I shall write to you soon. Thank you also for suggestions for a blog topic. Please keep your suggestions coming in. Tomorrow I’m looking forward to seeing my great friend. It’s been too long. We shall have three hours of chatting and drinking cups of tea in I hope a garden of my favourite tea room. Until next time, take care. X

 

 

 

    

No comments: