translate

Monday 10 July 2017

TRAINTRACKS ON A SUMMER DAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good morning Bloggets. Thankfully this week starts better for us than last week ended. Starting with our visit to our friends on Saturday. We met up with all of our friends and had a fantastic day with our friend JB, who hosts a great get together. Our dogs had the best time. JB, has a garden like a field. It’s so lovely and bless her, she isn’t precious about it either, and promotes the dogs to play. So, a couple of times off the leash they ran and played with the toys on the grass and at one point, it was so cute as the Little Fella lay under a tree to chill with JB’s little dog LF is only a few months older than Lieder, JB’s dog. Our little flirt and the little girl lay peacefully for a while, Hub was surprised as normally LF is so concerned where his Daddy is. Hub and I then got the two of them, LF, and Waggatail back on the leads and they lay so well behaved thankfully the rest of the day. The sun was so warm and JB even had sun cream bless her. I’m so glad we sat outside, because apart from the lovely atmosphere her garden provides, with the peace but not only that, behind her house is a cricket field and there was a game being played to add to the quintessential English summer day. But, if we were inside, there was seven dogs there in total. Can you imagine the hair for JB?

 

When we got to the train station, there was a strike, so we couldn’t catch our connection. We had to go for a taxi. I phoned the company to pick us up and learned that the driver couldn’t come to us, he couldn’t leave his car. Oh, nice, so how would we know where our taxi was?

 

We were with our friends Trix and Like. Thankfully Trix knew where we were and it was a car park so the driver was told by her to come for us. So, all four of us crammed into this little car. Fatso Fi in the front with the Little Fella, who is by the way, twice the size of my Waggatail, who squeezed in the back with Hub. Like and Trix got in too, but they are slim, so that was OK. Haha. Good job.

 

Well, we had the funniest driver. As we did the very long journey to JB’s house, he couldn’t find the house. Well, he had four blind folks in his taxi, trying to tell him where to go. He puffed and panted, seriously I thought he was going to flip out on one. I have never heard such sounds coming from a taxi driver. It was hilarious, it was just after I said. The fatal words.

“Gosh, where would we be without satellite navigation?””

Well, that blew it. From that moment, we got lost. Hahaha. In the end, he dropped us off at a shop and Emsky, JB’s daughter came for us. It turned out, we were about fifty seconds walk from JB’s door.

 

As for the journey back? Oh, this was the bit I was dreading all week. We had to go back to the train station that had no staff. I hate that bit. I’m terrified that A, one of us is going to fall on the tracks, and B, if we can’t find the train door. Well, thankfully Hub is a traveller by occupation and his years of travel with his job means he is confident enough to know how to find train doors not only that, but even the correct door. Only thing is, he found the door, but trust us, our seats were right at the other end of the carriage, so, two doors to pick, and we picked the wrong end, but bless him, out of all the coaches, he guessed the right carriage. So proud of him.

 

Me getting on the train, I’m so afraid after the time when I missed the step and my foot followed by my leg, fell down the track. It killed. My bestie boy Like, is such a kind soul as if in touch with the terrified Fifi and was a gent just a hand and I was fine. Like is a sweetheart. Really has old fashioned values. He is like my Dad and I mean that in the nicest way, as he is only a year older than me, as my Dad was the best man in the world.  There was no Dad like him. But my Dad would always help people he didn’t have a bad bone in his body.

 

We all sat together, I found a seat right at the end as a passenger on the train told us we were at seats 13/14. Well, we were 60’s. There were four together and I think I found the right ones. We had a lovely journey home, but was so sad to say bye bye to Like and our Trix. But we are seeing them in a few weeks.  Our lovely host JB was as ever wonderful and it was great to see Trace too. All there were so lovely. A day away from real life. A memory that will last forever.

 

It’s raining today but I don’t mind as we have had a week of heat. Back to chasing life today. Yesterday we filled our cabinet with our chrystal. We had one casualty. Sadly, one of my glasses I knocked over and it smashed. Then began the job of trying to get every single bit of glass up. Oh, I get too attached to china and other bits of crockery. Even little knickknacks. I came across the beautiful crystal rose my Son bought me when he was younger. What ever happened to those days? And again, memories of my Mum. I get so sad, sometimes I wish I had never had such things. But then I love them so much, but I envy people who don’t have memories in such a way. My Husband has two items a blue china dolphin he got as a child for winning a competition singing, and a mug his Mum bought him, and that is that, and God help me if I break them, so much so, they are right at the back of a cupboard, smile. Because they mean so much to him, they mean so much to me too.

 

Hub has a hard week at work, not sure what he is doing just he said it was a busy one.  Boy Wonder has two days off work, at last, he has worked for six days doing about 60 hours. I don’t think he has had much rest either has been out a lot with Shamrocks family.  Apart from one meal out, he hasn’t eaten the best food either. So hopefully today and tomorrow, he will heal himself. Let’s see.

 

He has just won a competition at work among nine of the staff including the boss. So, he is proud of that and so he should be bless him.

 

Our next challenge comes this weekend when we go to our city. We have a new place to find. Totally the different direction to where we know. I don’t know whether or not to take Waggatail or my white cane. Wagga hates the city, she is a country bumpkin. She panics, so, doesn’t guide properly. As for me and my white cane? Well, I may take out a few people or get it stuck in places you wouldn’t want to go down yourself. But somehow, we will find where we need to be. Hopefully without an incident. Getting back? Oh, stress dot com.

 

Meanwhile I shall take a look at the news and be back later with what’s going on around the world. Later with love. And, you never know what is around the corner. Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.

Marcel Proust

 

 

No comments: