translate

Tuesday 25 July 2017

A QUICK ONE BEFORE BED BY FIONA CUMMINGS


I’m so hungry. And bored. Also, lazy. I should be working but really? Why? I don’t get paid. Hmm. But I do have a beautiful roof above my head. My Husband is working late today, he is doing interviews so I have a spare hour smile. And, I have made dinner and tidied our bedroom as well as put the shopping away, gosh, that is a task in itself. Still loving our fridge with the three fresh drawers. But today I did think I had broken it. My door of the fridge wouldn’t close. Okay, so something needs pushing backwards? No, not that shelf or that one and everything on that shelf is already back, so what is it? One of the drawers? No, oh, hang on. Well, I learned today that there are three drawers I knew that bit, but under each draw, there is a shelf. One of them was sticking out. Very nice, firstly why are there shelves under the drawers? Secondly, why won’t the blooming thing go back? Thirdly, have I just broken our new expensive fridge? Fourthly, how do we claim on this as guarantee shmarentee. Where did we put that bit of paper? This is why I like to shop from John Lewis. Because if anything goes wrong they are so easy and helpful to rectify it. Only, their shops now are dreadful they are huge with nothing in. Loads of things over the past two years I have called up about and asked if they are in store to which I was told no. We don’t stock that. From coffee machines to beds to shelves. There has been loads of complaints because people now are expected to buy sofas and beds on line. Well, what if they come and they are as hard as a park bench?

 

Eventually, I was able to put the shelve where it should be. I will tell you a funny story about my fridge, yep, I can find a funny thing about a fridge, I’m kind of sad like that. So, when we are out with our dogs, we blow the whistle, only when they are on free run of course, off the leash. Three blows to the whistle they come running. Well, the Little Fella does, Waggs will if there are no other distractions, otherwise she waves her paw as if to say. **** () () Mummy.

 

Why are they meant to come back when they hear the whistle? From a puppy when getting fed, they get the whistle they then know it’s feeding time. So, off the leash, running free, hear the sound of three whistles and they run to get a treat. So, we give them one and off they go again, on the next call, we grab the leash and capture them. Smile. Waggs watches from a distance to see if LF has been caught then runs. Biscuit or not. My last guide dog was a belly on legs. She was slim. Ish. But food for her was her life, so she was so obedient. Well when my fridge door has been open some silly amount of time like six seconds. It goes beep beep beep. And it sounds just like their whistle. So, for weeks when my fridge was open my dogs would run like mad thinking they were going to have something delicious. Hahaha. Bless them, now, LF hears the sound and half goes to run to me then stops.

 

I’m dying to go to a clairvoyant. I need to know something about my future. Or is that a fortune teller? I know there are loads of sharks out there, but there are some good ones. My friend gave me a number of one but I don’t want spooky cookies here so means going to friend’s houses. They don’t want spooky cookies either and as for going to her house? Great, but it’s almost an hour away. Shame too as she is great.

 

It’s my friend’s birthday soon.  A gift came for them today. Oh, my goodness. How, on earth will we get that to their house? On the bus? I don’t think so. It weighs a ton and it was expensive so if I were to send that through the mail it would cost even more. So, what to do? I never thought it would be so heavy. I think we have done an oopsie.

 

One of my lovely Bloggets and my friend Carrie has asked me a few times but today got around to answering. She wants to know, what are crisps? So, if she doesn’t know then you may not. They are potatoes fries? Well, is that correct even? I mean, are they not chips? Oh confused, is my middle name. Basically, they are in a bag. They are sliced potatoes with flavouring on and they are cold not what you eat hot with food. They are a snack. I’m not sure if I am making my description worse or better. Whatever, they are blooming yummy.

 

I bought dry herbs today. I have just put them in the new jars on a chrome rack I bought. Now, remembering which herbs is that? Haha. Well, there is nothing that won’t go. And most of them I can tell by the smell. I told you about my Son cooking? He made salt and pepper chicken. He asked how do you make it Mum. Me, well, cook your chicken and put salt and pepper on it Son. That’s my kind of cooking. He replied no Mum. Sham makes it and you use all sorts. I said well, look up the recipe? He did. Basically, you cook your chicken and add salt and pepper. Smile. But you fry peppers onions and garlic too. He made it with new potatoes with their skins on. He put the potatoes in the oven after boiling them to crisp them up. He then puts it all in Tupper wear boxes and eats it over some days. He freezes his boxes. I can’t imagine what they will taste like after coming out of the freezer, he microwaves them. I hope he won’t get poisoned. He cooks a lot of broccoli to and asparagus. The house smelled so good. It was like a Chinese restaurant, but this morning after the delicious smells, came the one smell that no one wants to smell. Garlic. My nice newly cleaned dishwasher stunk too. As I emptied it I found the garlic crusher he was using.

Full of garlic.

 Nice one Son.

 

Oh only a few days to go before he is doing that scary race.         

13 miles. He said he was going to grab the smallest person to have on his back. *Cleaning one’s ears out* oh, yes, I remembered, he has to have someone on his back for a mile. All of his friends are big chunky lads, so a skinny stranger, watch out. No one will want to carry him, Boy Wonder, is almost 15 stone. 210 lbs.

 

13 miles is, 20.9klm

Oh, I hope he will be OK. I hope he has a fantastic day. He is at work the next day early. I think he is on a 6 a.m. opening.

 

A blast from my past came too close to me yesterday. I never want to see her again. Someone who made my childhood worthwhile, but all along she was fake. My Mum in heaven will be so disappointed by her. I have no contact with family now, as in cousins, and all of my aunts and uncles are dead. Well, as far as I am concerned.

 

A Blogget asked the other day about my Brother in law who moved to Australia? My Blogget is from there so was wondering how he was getting on. Remember the heart ache when he left, gosh, all three of us were so very sad. Australia is too far away. Well, he went and absolutely is loving life out there. He is living with a lovely man we love and both have found happiness down under. Oh, heck, did that come out as I meant it to? Well, you know, down under, as in Australia?  So, my Husband has his one brother left in the UK. Sadly, we only see him about once a year but we are just unsociable and don’t go far and sadly he lives some distance.

 

All of my friends have family around them. For us, we are us three so I only hope my Son marries a lovely lady and they have some Grandchildren for us. I so badly miss my parents. I was too young to loss them. I was 30. No matter how old you are, you always want, need your parents, though me and my Mum used to fight like cat and dog. Not sure which one was the cat and which one of us was the dog! We fought but I had such love for her. The pain when I thought of her as a child stays in my heart, throat and stomach even now. Six years old was far too young to be removed from my parents. Boarding school has a lot to answer for. As for my poor Husband, he was three.  It’s so cruel. It totally screws us up for life. Thank God, it’s different now for those who have sight issues.

 

I have my Brother who is a work aholic funny isn’t it, as is my bro in law and Hub, even to some degree, BW. He puts in the hours for sure, how long he will stay at this job? Not sure as his boss who he really liked has moved as has all of his friends who worked there. He is surrounded by girls now. And? You ask? Well, there is Shamrock.

 

Hub just been on the phone and he sounds shattered though pleased to be on his way home after a long day and some interviews. I wouldn’t really like to decide who gets jobs as I did a couple of weeks ago and I felt too bad doing it. But Hub is used to it. He is so smart I have nothing but admiration for him and total respect to the person who gave him his, job. It’s too difficult for blind people to find work even these days. Even if we have qualifications and degrees and in my Husbands case, a Master’s in business.

 

We have a fun night planned. So, more tomorrow, though I’m feeling a poem coming on so perhaps that before bed. X

 

  

 

 

No comments: