translate

Wednesday 26 July 2017

SUBJECT OF THE DAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


My subject today Bloggets is, neuroplasticity. Oh yes, let’s eat this subject and learn together, mind you, knowing me, I’m always the last to know anything, so I bet I’m preaching to the converted.

 

The brain can rewire itself throughout life. Forming neural connections. The nerve cells learn to compensate for injury and disease and to adjust their activities in response to new situations we grow new nerve endings to reconnect neurons that were injured. I have read that if one part of our brain is attacked, the good part takes over. Or can. To make this work though, our brain needs to be stimulated. Wow, I love this subject. I think of my eye disease. The nerves rods and cones are damaged, so why can’t my brain tell my eyes to work using good cells? Why can’t I grow new bits and bobs in my eyes?

 

The subject came across as I was talking with a very intelligent man as I wrote about a part of our brain that hasn’t been activated as yet. I asked him if he thought that part of the brain went into the next world. Our half of the brain that was once thought to be the active section, whilst the other side remained dormant. The active section was wiped out as the new part of our brain kicked into action. Well, that was my theory blown out of the hemisphere

 

Apparently, that’s old news as new scientists have discovered that cells regrow and even compensate. So, for all of us who say we are too old to learn to play the piano or a new language, not according to scientists. And for all of those thinking we are still just here because of the big bang? Well, how can we be so clever and how can our body just do what it does? Just like a car is wired to work, as are we. Just as a car can’t evolve on its own, neither can we. I just wish my maker would send me sight. In fact, all those who are blind and want to see and for those who are right now terrified of facing blindness as it’s coming at them like a fast car about to crash into their lives. Why do we have to feel pain and suffering in this world and again, if we are just here because of whatever other than we were created, then why do we have feelings? Feel emotions? I think we are heading towards a society full of machines. Our kid’s kids, will be so different. Sadly, in a way, but I guess good for them because they won’t feel grief like we do. And another thought, whilst I’m thinking. Smile. Chemicals. Why can’t the army and Government produce a chemical that can be released into the air to make everyone calm and happy? Nice kind people. Why do all the chemicals have to be harmful and propose a threat to our beautiful world. Surely if you can make bad chemicals, good ones can be invented too?

 

No comments: