translate

Friday 21 July 2017

DIARY OF THE DANCE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 Good afternoon Bloggets. Gosh, time is just running away with me of late. I miss you guys, I need to chill so here I am at my lap top. What a busy morning, some issues talked about over the breakfast table that has left me with knots in my stomach and the plumber came out to fix our bath from leaking so dealt with him, he is really nice though, must be a plumber thing as the guys who did our kitchen were also really sweet guys. Plumbers I said… Not other workers, though the electrician was fine just the rest we had problems with. Well my bathroom plumber couldn’t wait to see our kitchen. I said nothing about the trouble we had but straight away, he walked in and noticed the holes behind the glass splashback that were not filled in by the joiner then, as he walked to the conservatory, he believe it or not, noticed the holes in the floor the joiner did. So, here’s me thinking you are going to have to look closely to see the errors, and he saw them immediately.

 

Anyway, a great thing has come out of his visit. He gave me the phone number of a handy man, remember the days when handy men used to charge very little? No longer. Gosh it’s where we live I’m sure, but beggars can’t be choosers and we need someone like this new guy I have the number of to do loads of things like we still haven’t put our smoke alarms up. I’m scared to go through something I shouldn’t, normally nothing would phase me hanging pictures all sorts, but, this house is like no other, it’s cursed. Smile. Everything we touch breaks and even things we don’t touch busts. So, I shall leave everything to the handy man. He’s coming next week and he sounds nice, the plumber said he is a great guy, and the plumber is a lovely trusting person. Well, that is what I think so far, but you know I have been wrong in the past. One thing about this plumber, he is fast at what he does. Gosh if we ever need anything major done he’s the guy, so at last, we are getting a portfolio of good guys. I have a great gardener, and I know a good electrician and a couple of plumbers, but it’s took all of our marriage to find these people. I can’t ever move house now. Smile.

 

Hub working from home today, so I can’t be as noisy as I normally am as in vacuuming the floors, filling buckets with water or just in general. But I have been sorting our shelving. We have a glass and chrome tall shelf in our bedroom full of cosmetics. I have been throwing away old things like creams and trying to identify other items. Using my ap on my iPhone, Tap Tap See. I take a picture and wait.

And wait a bit longer.

Then the answer comes over my phone.

“White and purple bottle.”” Very helpful. Another picture is taken and the answer comes up.

“Hand holding plastic bottle.”” Great. I didn’t know my hand was holding a bottle! But third time lucky, it reads what is in my hand.

“250g bottle””

Of what?

But then a box read first time, picture of lady in white dress. Then I turned the box over and it read the name of the perfume straight away. So at least I know there is a picture on it. Hahaha.

Let’s just say it took me about forty minutes and I have only done three shelves out of five. And I got interrupted by a phone call that required my brain. So, I had to go and find it.

Not in that drawer. Smile.

 

I made rice last night for part of our dinner. I washed it first over and over. It’s scary the arsenic that is in rice. I watched a documentary about it not long ago and it put me off rice for so long but now I’m back on it but will wash it thoroughly. Then I put boiling water on top of it in the pan. Put the lid on and boil quite fast. Stirring after a couple of minutes then turning it low with lid on. After another couple of minutes, I stir again then add more boiling water with salt and two stock cubes and stir for a minute then put the lid on and simmer for another few minutes until there is no water left in the pan then pour into a dish and it’s lovely and fluffy, put the pan back on the heat with water and salt to make it easier to clean. Getting used to putting a smaller amount in the pan as it swells up. I know how it feels. Seriously, sadly, I’m still putting weight on. I need to get on the treadmill. I hope this weekend will be the start. My friend was trying to encourage me as she is a runner. She runs so many miles per week. Across lanes, fields and parklands. Like a wild horse. Haha.

 

Oh, must tell you this, when the plumber came, he was walking through our sitting room. I had done my best impression of being a sighted person, not that it matters as he knows I am blind, but, still, very sighted not so sighted Fifi, wasn’t aware that the plumber had stopped to write something down. Well, what did I do? Kept walking.

Right through him.

As I caught him, haha, because when I bump into someone, I totally do a body slam. Taking them off their feet. So, there I am, arms out, hands on his very full waist and rather than just making sure I hadn’t flattened him, then at speed removing the grip I had on him, I kept my hands on him. Whilst we joked about how I at least caught him. Then he laughed and apologised for not telling me he was going to stop, and still. My grip remained firmly. As then we laughed more, with his apprentice behind me, probably wondering what the heck was going on, in a line, the plumber began to wiggle his hips and sing the Conga and proceed to do a dance. Well, still hands wrapped around him, I laughed. Then realising what I had, was, doing, I left go, red faced. Talk about familiarity?  I said to Hub, heck, I hope I haven’t scared him off, but Hub laughed and said, you are joking, he will be here every week now.  He did say as he left the front door, to keep in touch. I don’t think he meant that kind of touch though. I’m sure he meant by phone if I needed anything. Goodness knows what the young lad thought behind us.

 

It’s another beautiful day, my outside windows need cleaning. May do that later but of course I can’t do upstairs waiting for our window cleaners to come, they only come twice a year. They do such a brilliant job when they come and they are lovely guys, but why only twice a year?  With the pollution from the main road here the windows get so dirty. Well, saves having to pull the blind down I guess. Oh, talking of that, last night, there Hub and I are, relaxing, sofa in lounge position laid back, watching TV and the summer night breeze gently blowing in with the lovely fragrance of the sweet blooms following behind the soft wind, and suddenly there is a knock to our window, no, not the door, oh no. Our open window. There’s Hub and I totally doing an impression of flat throws on a sofa and suddenly this voice spoke through the open window.

 Ooo’oops.

*Quickly, press the button on the sofa’s and let’s get ourselves in an upright situation.* Trying to compose ourselves, Hub shyly said to me. “I’ll let you get the door. The door, I shall just go to the window. I was joking. At the front door, I was met by a lady who has took over our front garden and peers through our windows on a regular basis and I have learned that she looks into our back garden too. Long story. Anyway, she gave me a rose. It smelt so beautiful. It was off her rose bush. One rose she had on and bless her, she brought it for me. One rose, on a full bush. Not surprised as she cuts mine off as soon as they begin to bloom. It’s such a shame as they are so beautiful if only they were allowed to be left alone, but she does take the weeds up for me and for the back garden, I have a gardener who does that. I have lost so many lovely flowers though I don’t have a single flower in our garden I think the slugs must have eaten them. As my Son said a few weeks ago, Mum people who have nice gardens, are old. They spend all day in their garden. When I think back my ex used to spend hours in our garden, but he wasn’t old, just a brilliant gardener. I love flowers though and want to introduce more but will have to sort out so much more than slugs before I can tackle that. This lady told me a few weeks ago, that she found 11 snails under my shrub in my front garden. Not sure what she was doing under the shrub, but she said she lifted it up…. Well, OK, and she found them, so she stamped on them, oh no, and left them there.

 

She then told me that she knew I had said that there were loads in our front grass. I said no, I said ants, not snails. She then a week later, brought ant killer.

For indoors.

   

Got a message from my Brother last night, well at one this morning as I was online. When I say message, I’m not a Clairvoyant, it was a message on Facebook. I haven’t heard from him for months. He’s working hard as ever. He is a workaholic. As is my Brother in laws. Saying that, my Hub never stops either, and when he works from home I have such admiration for him and his dedication as he is on the phone and typing all day he got up today at half seven and started to work at eight. He wishes we could go and support his team this weekend as they are building a raft and racing it down the river for charity, but I said to him, apart from it’s miles away, how on earth would we cope with crowds of people wondering where on earth to go? It’s on the banks of the river, what, with Waggatail? Oh, yes, I can see the news headlines now. Especially that particular river is frequented by loads of gigantic rats with leather jackets on. And hard hats. Knuckle duster rings and workmen’s boots.

 

Well I shall leave you with that thought for now and wish you a very happy weekend, just remember that not everyone around the world is out having fun. It may seem like it, but that is because you only hear of those people. The ones who are staying in, don’t tell you. Am I, going out? Tomorrow to the shops, woopidy doo. Smile. Xx

 

 

No comments: