translate

Thursday 27 April 2017

THE KITCHEN DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Well here we are. Last day of my building work… The next part will be of ChapterTwo to be continued when my next lot of guys come in to remove the rest of the kitchen and fit the new.
Ps, I wrote the above before I learned what I just have now.
After today I can relax. Well for two out of four of my next group of people. As for the joiner and electrician, I know and they have worked with me before. My joiner is our friend and a very trust worthy person. The electrician also has done work for us before and he is fine. As for the painter and builder? Yes, I said that B word, as he will be doing something I think plastering. I don’t know what they are like but our friend Mr. Joiner has recommended them so hopefully?

Oh, wait until I tell you about yesterday? Well, our guys came, yes, two men. And one of them, shock horror, was the builder. He actually put in a six-hour shift. He arrived at nine. Left at ten, but returned at quarter to eleven. Then stayed till four in the afternoon. Oh heck.
I said to him as he left, he would need a lay down when he got home as he isn’t used to working a full day? Hahahaaha. He did laugh.
Thankfully.
But he’s not come back today.
And it’s his last day. Honest. Well, that is what they have said.

The joiner is here as always, he is a good guy, and the electrician Now, he seems OK as long as you don’t mind him chewing gum in your face with his mouth wide open. Haha. Gross.

As for my builder? Must be on a sicky because of yesterday’s hours.

Now today I have to pay him the second amount of the money. Friends are saying don’t pay him until they look what it’s like? Nice, friends. Where are you today?

I think what they do is very good, just getting them to do it is not quite so good.

And the mess? Oh my, and to think I have more plastering to do in a couple of weeks. I’m not sure how I am going to clean the conservatory seriously it’s in a real mess. Everything is going to have to be scrubbed. And how? There is so much in there. My joiner is making us a new glass unit. No, that sounds wrong. He is a joiner, making glass? Nope. It’s wood, but for our glasses. And not the ones we wear, as we don’t wear any.
I wish!


Well, yesterday. Hmm. I have to say, not sure if it’s the dust getting to my brain, as it’s definitely got to my breathing with my asthma, but I had to smile to myself. Part of me, and I can’t believe I’m going to say this, will miss my builder and his little side kick of a joiner.

I said to my friend for this next part, I should put a certificate on it. I will try to keep it as clean as possible as my mini Bloggets shouldn’t know naughty words. All I can say is, it’s a good job I’m a girl of the world.

As my builder was up on his ladder thing. He turned to the little guy and said.
“Mate. Do you mind if I ask you a personal question?”” Well at this part, I gasped and closed the second door between us. Making it more difficult to hear them. I say more difficult, as really, I have lived here a while now and still struggle with the accent.

“Yeah, but I may have to black your eyes afterwards.”” Replied little joiner man.

“Mhumhhhhmmmuuuhmmm.mumblemumble.””
As the deep sounding builder asked. I couldn’t hear didn’t want to but then the very high pitched speaking joiner piped up.
“Yu whah?
Must bih, feeders.
Dih, Mr. Floppy pop out?””
Oh Gosh. Em. Well. What can I say? Feeders? Lady parts? And as for Mr. Floppy? We won’t even try to translate that.

TMI
And the language? So many naughty words. They had the radio on so they probably thought I couldn’t hear. I just wondered, what do posh people with loads of money do in these situations? I know most will leave their houses and go to their country retreat, or book into a 5-star hotel for the night. But then they come home, no way they will get out buckets, mops and cloths? I guess Molly Maids will come in handy? I mean is it really possible to make such a mess? I guess I’m becoming too anal. Hub has been telling me off it’s OK for him, in a warm office with lovely ladies bringing him hot cups of tea? All I get is cuddles from Waggatail who has been so very good. She is on my feet as we chat. She will be so happy when this is all over.

Yesterday, it was like a comedy scetch. The builders phone went. The little guy answered it. This is how it went.
“El O
Whah?
Ah canit eer yuh
Urgh
Tatah then.”
In other words, hello, I can’t hear you. Oh, goodbye then… Haha, good old English accents.
Big hunkey monkey of a builder replied. Ew wah?
(Who was it?)
“Ih wuh yuh Mother….
(It was your ) and we all recognised a word stuck on the end?
Wah
Dih shuh wan?
(What did she want)
Then I know you have the picture, so I shall not write how they pronounced it, but tell you. His Mum called him, she was travelling down the motorway, with her caravan… And couldn’t get any signal, so decided to call her Son, to see if her phone worked. Hahahahhahahah.

Well drills are drilling, metal is getting chucked about and loud voices continue, but I have my earphones on to try not to hear any more worrying things, like yesterday again. “Ouchya, that hurt”
“Try putting your figure there?”
No, I’m not doing that, said the little high pitched man. Go on, the builder repeated. Put you finger in there? The little guy said it’s not a nice game this, I don’t like it… It’s like Russian Roulette. Hahahahah.

Well I’m not laughing now. Oh, my God. Something huge has just happened. I’m so annoyed. Furious. Devastated.


No comments: