translate

Wednesday 12 April 2017

DIARY OF EVERYTHING BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good day Bloggets. How are you all today? Hub is working from home today and then he is on holiday until next Tuesday then a busy week where he is going to Manchester two days in a row rather than staying overnight.

I have just done the dog run, such a lovely job. Then groomed both dogs and once again I’m waiting for a delivery. My friend wouldn’t take any petrol money the other day for taking me to the hospital, bless her she said I paid for the car park, so she would pay for petrol, thing is, she didn’t have to go to the hospital, it was me who needed it so why should she pay for anything? Well, I bought her a gift to say thank you. I only hope it comes in one piece because I sent for her a similar gift a couple of days ago but it was broken when it arrived. This is the same make but a different seller on good old Amazon. It’s something I hope she will like as she loves candles and to be honest I’m a huge fan of these products since I first saw and heard one at my friend’s house a year ago.

So, what is it? I have written about them before, they are in my opinion the best candle you can buy. WoodWick. To my friends reading this with a screen reader, it’s one word and both W’s are in capitals. It is what it says. A wooden wick. It crackles a little like a coal fire. It’s not the same kind of wax that will burn in the middle and leave loads of unused wax at the edges, it’s made with sustainable soy wax that burns evenly and lasts so much longer than normal wax. The smell is amazing and they don’t create any smoke I have just learned this week. When the wax is almost at the very bottom, then if you light it enough to blow out wait a few moments then lift the wooden wick, wash out the lovely dish or jar it comes in and you can reuse the jar. It comes with a wooden lid to use as a coaster. The quality is wonderful if you get the oval dishes but the other day I bought one that was a tall jar and the glass was really thin and it was cracked but I do wonder if that was a genuine one as I bought it from Amazon and when I took a second look, it had one review only and they hadn’t been on the market long, but I have bought from Amazon before and they have been perfect. But I have only bought the oval dishes this was the first time for the tall jar. So today let’s see what comes? Hopefully this time I have bought the oval one. They are not cheap. I paid for this one today £23 but it’s said that they last 80 hours, now forgive me, I haven’t counted the hours we have burned ours, but I got my last one at Christmas and only last week I emptied it.

Here are some of the scents you can buy not from Amazon but from WoodWick’s direct website.
Sparkling orange, coastal sunset, Raspberry Yuzu, windowsill herbs, and one my Sister in law would love, Sweet Lime Gelato.

I tried to log in to the official UK WoodWick website and it was going so well until sadly right at the end, I was asked to write the capture below, well, really, no audio for those who can’t see the letters. That is happening more and more. Having said that, you can phone them but I just like to order and not have to wait until opening times and call.

Now onto my kitchen. Gosh, Hub and I have been really stressed this week and so many times I have wanted to throw in the tea towel.

Our kitchen designer has been on holiday this week. But at last he has answered our email and now we can move forward. In the end, we have got a good deal I hope. We are getting a free dishwasher and the most exciting thing of all, oh I’m buzzing about this, I have always wanted one of these and now I’m getting one. WoopWhoop. It’s a plate warmer in a drawer. Well, the make we are looking at is not far shy of £500 but we have managed to sweet talk our designer and we are getting that for £240. It has a dial so we will be able to use it. I hope, we are going to look tomorrow. Boy Wonder was going to take us tonight when he got in from work, but our kitchen man isn’t free until tomorrow, and that is when our Son is off on his break. So Hub and I are off on an adventure with the little Fella and the wonderful Wagging one. Oh my, and guess what we have to pass to get to the kitchen shop? The pet shop. No doubt we will be dragged in there for a treat. Our Waggs loves it in there and when we go to the shops around there, even if we are not wanting to go there, Waggs won’t walk anywhere else until she has had her fix at the pet shop.

Now finding this kitchen shop is going to be a huge challenge. We haven’t done the route before, we know roughly the direction, and it’s across a carpark and passing loads of obstacles like parked shopping carts, walls and cafĂ© tables and chairs as well as bins and so many people but I’m up for the challenge. I only hope to goodness we can get back in one piece, haha, it will be so busy around there tomorrow.

As for our other kitchen items, well, we are off to the electric shop tomorrow too, and our lovely friend Geordie who took me to the hospital is taking us. Bless her heart. We need paint too, but we will have to see as I don’t want my poor friend running around the shops with us. I hate asking for help, when my Brother in law used to come he and I had such fun around those shops, but it’s too far for him to come now as he lives in Australia, smile. Oh, I have fond memories of he and I shopping. I hurt in my heart when I think of how we ended a relationship to which I loved so much. He was my little brother and a close friend. When he went to Australia he took a part of my heart with him then broke it! But he and his love are very happy out there.

Okay, a fat diary to come. Interesting, I shall go and write that now then have to think about cooking dinner for tonight. With love x








DIARY OF WOODWICK IN THE KITCHEN BY FIONA CUMMINGS

No comments: