translate

Monday 24 April 2017

THE KITCHEN DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I’m so fed up you have no idea. Today I feel so let down by people. Give me animals any day. Humans make me sick. I won’t bore you with too much detail but my builder turned up today to tell me he had a bad back. Yeah right. This is why he came in his work van with his joiner at nine in the morning? He has my email and mobile number. All weekend living as if we are in a shabby caravan, using the basic of kitchen tools. Learning a few things that have been done in our kitchen that worried me. Apart from the sliding door being put on so it slopes, not too much of a fault by the fitter, it’s the fault of our walls. The lovely expensive skirting board along the conservatory floor / wall, was all off. Not sure why at this point. There was no need to remove it from the wall that wasn’t interrupted.

We couldn’t find it anywhere. Our lovely friend came who is also our joiner, well, he’s other people’s joiner too, but he couldn’t find it and it was him who noticed that the door was not quite right, it was me who asked our Son what colour the handle was on it and he told me white, though I ordered silver to match the other one.

Our joiner was asked if he wanted our job and thank God, he said yes. I haven’t told the builder yet, but will when he is finished the job he wants paying for the one he has half done. So, from last Wednesday until now Thursday without lights in our kitchen. Good job we don’t need them, but our Son does? Two days’ work by Thursday will be ten.

We got a painter through our joiner. He seems Okay so far, so next job is to buy the paint as he wanted to make a start on Sunday I think he said. Our joiner is due back on Thursday with his electrician who will be doing our kitchen. The electrician has worked for me before and he is a good guy.

I just feel like I can’t do anything around the house, I can’t exactly be creative in the kitchen. The conservatory is a real mess I mean filthy. And at the weekend I found yet more McDonalds cartons and cups one full of coffee or some kind of fluid.

All together I found three cups, two trays. Two empty chip cartons and one huge paper bag full of food. They go to the toilet too without flushing. Pure gross.

We have our rooms upstairs full of stuff. Just stuff from our kitchen. Remember we had two huge china cabinets and two tall cupboards. It all had to go somewhere. So, no room tidy apart from Boy Wonders I guess. I wouldn’t dare put anything in there. Smile. So, what to do? I tidied one of my bedroom drawers. Oh, my goodness. I took a large plastic bag of rubbish things like creams that I really don’t know what they are. I got them for Christmas’s and birthdays but a tube is a tube. And old make up.

I was psychologically ready for today, yesterday I made a huge shepherd’s pie so the boys would have dinner tonight that just needed warming up and I made a massive portion of pasta with tuna for our Son for his lunch yesterday and today as I thought the kitchen would be impossible to get near to cook. Well now what?

This really is going to be a long month one wish I hope will be finished with these builders by Thursday then never again will I need to see them.

No comments: