translate

Wednesday 19 April 2017

THE KITCHEN DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Okay, I’m seriously going mad now. I’m in my lounge as there is nowhere else to go what is the point of housework when the house is upside down? There isn’t a square inch upstairs to dust, I can’t really iron as stupidly the basket is right at the back of the room with the most items in…
(That was a good plan, ten points to mwah!)
As for downstairs? Oh, my where to start this kitchen Diary? I guess at the start. Not of the day as this is the second Diary I have written for today. Our builders came at half eight. Boot up the butt yesterday evening and he brought his hammer so at least he worked. Now, it’s quarter to mid-day, he has just left but the other guy stayed. The other guy asked me to lock the back door so his tools wouldn’t go a miss. Haha hahaha. Stuff the thousands of pounds worth I have in the conservatory? Well, what a hoot? This guy was leaving for an hour. He would be back for another hour’s work. My builder, the hunky monkey couldn’t do any more, so left still my ceiling is up, but as I walked through the kitchen to lock the door with the man who would be, will be, back, I went to my back door, thankfully I asked if it had been blocked up yet? He said yes. So, don’t walk through there then Fifi? I turned to the right, oh my word. The rubble? Then the tools. And blocks of something. I asked him which way could I get out, he replied this way, that’s piggin helpful? He then asked how much sight I had? I said none at all. He replied gosh, you do amazing, heheheheeh. Oh, my Bloggets, if you could have seen me, no, I wasn’t doing well, there was nothing amazing about me. I followed his voice and thought if I bump into anything just go around it. Around I went found a blank wall, oh gosh, that wasn’t there before? Well, Okay, it was, but there were tall cupboards there before. So, I got to the door. The new opening, I put my foot forward. Em, where now I asked? He said just in here. This was ridiculous, let the blooming burglars have your tools, I’m going to break a leg?

Well I climbed. Yep, climbed. Over something like a wall of wood and bricks. Not a pretty sight. I stood in kind of shock or disbelief that I had just done that. He said it’s clear now. Oh, that’s nice!!!

I got to the outside door locked it and then had to find my way back. This is all new to me. Well, as I climbed back over the wall, rubbish tool boxes and drills, builders bags and cupboard doors, I got into my dirty kitchen. Oh gosh, my gardener is due. What if he sees me struggling to get to the back door to let this builder back in later? He will know then I can’t see. But having said that, I really can’t hide that forever.

So why am I going mad?
Because in my sitting room, it’s silent my Waggatail is asleep. I can still hear the banging of the builders and the drills are in the distance though they have gone. Perhaps it’s disturbed dead people who built this house? Maybe I have goasty builders? Well, if so, let’s hope they put more hours in and clean up after themselves?

My builder came to talk with me he likes to do this, he really is nice, but as I told you before I had to have some words with him last night over the phone as I felt he was taken the Michael out of me with the little amount of work he did. So, after we had a chat about the kitchen plan and life, I have a knack of learning or finding or getting information out of people and today was no exception. The hunky builder told me he was doing this and that, so there was no need to have a conversation like that again. Hahahahhaahah. I told him as long as he works hard, I won’t be having that kind of conversation again. Cheeky chops.

Aftter what I have learned about this guy today, wow, what a story I could write? What a life? Just a fraction of it was the fact he has seven children. I asked him from the same woman? At that point if my Hub had been in the room, he would have died with shame. He answered yes, with a laugh. Then I asked him was he a Mormon? Again thankfully, he laughed. Heck, my mouth works before my brain tells me it’s not appropriate.

So now I wait for my builder’s helper to return. I’m left with my ghosts wearing hard hats and my Waggatail. See what tomorrow brings?
This really is going to be a long four weeks.

No comments: