translate

Wednesday 12 April 2017

BEACH LOVERS BY FIONA CUMMINGS

BEACH LOVERS
BY FIONA CUMMINGS
As the palms did sway
On that special day
I turn to see a perfect vision
Coming my way
It’s as if our hearts had some kind of collision
I was under your spell
Your skin colour of caramel
Your white lace dress
Hair in a sea breeze mess
A smile that would melt the hardest of hearts
Our eyes couldn’t part
What was happening to me?
In the background was the sea
But nothing else mattered
Pebbles scattered
The yachts sailed by
Birds flew up in the sunny sky
The tide was coming in
I wanted to pull you in
Just a kiss that would last forever
You carried a basket of coconuts
In your hair was a feather
I had to talk with you
I had never seen anyone as beautiful
Your wish was my command
I would be so dutiful
I just wanted to hold your hand
And look after you
Be by your side
Wipe the tears when you cried
Smiled as you laughed
Sang whilst you took a bath
Enjoy cooking together
Just living with you forever
Where did you come from?
All I know is we belong
I want to sing our song
Hold you for our first dance
Is this romance?
If so give me this feeling each day
I never want you to go away
© Fiona Cummings 2017

No comments: