translate

Wednesday 19 April 2017

A POEM BY ANOTHER

Poem written by a lady who writes from the heart.
Just one more kiss

My best friend's gone, no longer here
She was my mate, I loved her dear
We used to run and fetch the ball
I'd be beside her should she fall.
We'd play with tuggers and with Ted,
We'd lay together in one bed.
She'd lay her paw upon my chest,
We'd nap in the sun and have a rest.
But now my best friends gone away
She left with Mum the other day,
I saw her take you in the car
Where did you go and was it far?
When mum returned I saw her cry
I saw her wipe her face all dry
I looked at her, she was so sad
I wondered what could be so bad.
She gave me hugs, I felt her tears
Which didn't help my pending fears
Does mum know when you'll be back
When you're home we'll be on track.
I've checked out in the garden
I've been out to the car
I've hunted in the bedrooms
I don't know where you are.
Mum said you'd crossed the rainbow bridge
After you'd been ill
She says you're up in heaven
But I'm looking for that still.
I've looked all round the nearby park
I've checked the garage too,
I keep looking for this heaven
Because I'm missing you.
I'm taking care of mum and Dad
I try to make them smile
I'm giving lots of cuddles
But laughs may take a while
I wish I'd got to say goodbye
To give you one more kiss
To tell you that I loved you
And you I'll really miss.
I know one day we'll play again
With Tuggy and with ted,
And when I cross that rainbow bridge
I'll get to share your bed.

Copyright (c) 2017 Penny Parker

No comments: